Waxy Maize Information?!?

themythbaker

themythbaker

Awards
I'm a little new to the whole waxy maize thing. Anyone got any good information regarding the stuff and what brands are best? Also, when to take it and how much?

Regards,

Ryan "THE MYTH" Baker

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Carb Slam by PrimaForce is the best IMO. You get 6 pounds of it for $25 bucks !

The Official AnabolicMinds Supplement Store

You can take it Pre and Post workout with a product like P-Slin for some really sick, long lasting pumps. You can also use it with whey protein, and just about any other supplement you want to be force fed to your muscles. :thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Carb Slam by PrimaForce is the best IMO. You get 6 pounds of it for $25 bucks !

The Official AnabolicMinds Supplement Store

You can take it Pre and Post workout with a product like P-Slin for some really sick, long lasting pumps.
NP sells WMS at 3.3lbs for 12.50. So if you spent $25.00, you would get 6.6lbs. I like the free 1/2lb, vs. carb slam. Simple math helps you save that money for other GOODIES!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NP sells WMS at 3.3lbs for 12.50. So if you spent $25.00, you would get 6.6lbs. I like the free 1/2lb, vs. carb slam. Simple math helps you save that money for other GOODIES!
Yesssirr!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pimpin' NP aint easy! Glad I can share their great deals with all of you guys though!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a little new to the whole waxy maize thing. Anyone got any good information regarding the stuff and what brands are best? Also, when to take it and how much?

Regards,

Ryan "THE MYTH" Baker

gnr8 has the real deal.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
what about vitagro? Hows that compare to nutraplanets bulk powder? Also how should waxy maize be taken and how much?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what about vitagro? Hows that compare to nutraplanets bulk powder? Also how should waxy maize be taken and how much?
75-100 grams of fast absorbing carbs post WO should be fine. I have never tried vitargo, but doesn't it stand for "Creatine Glycogen Loader"? Is there creatine in it or does it need to be added. Honestly, I would stick with bulk powders so you can control intake easier. Your choice though.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutraplanet WMS has been used and approved by a lot of people includin yours truly. Will probably use some on my next bulk....why not its laying around. Its pretty good stuff and is one of the best things to use with Pslin.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WMS is some good sh*t.

Get you some! :bb3:

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Still getting used to all these acronyms, but what is WMS? Also, is it ok to take pslin while cycling on EPI? Sorry to hijack thread

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Still getting used to all these acronyms, but what is WMS? Also, is it ok to take pslin while cycling on EPI? Sorry to hijack thread
I think 'WMS' is just 'Waxy Maize Starch' ...if that's incorrect someone please fix it, lol

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
use the search feature, this has been discussed here multiple times. Its composed of carbohydrate mainly used for faster delivery of amino acids. As far as which brands are best, NP sells this in bulk for a good price.

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/nutraplanet/kwick-karb-waxy-maize-starch-value-size-3-3-lb.html
Yes,searching will yield an avalanche of info on waxy maize. That is how I learned about it. If I do take it,it's post workout. If I take it pre than I feel hypo glycemic.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i got some that came without a scoop, how do u dose this stuff again

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i got some that came without a scoop, how do u dose this stuff again
I am going to use a scoop from an old protein tub. The scoop holds 25 grams. I hope the density is the same.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use a scoop from an old protein jug. 1/2 gram per CC

So most are about 70cc. so 35grams.
Usually says the CC on the botom of scoop

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No scale? :(

As for % carbs, It's pretty close to 100. Depends on manufacturer, but 40g is typically 38-39g carbs, some labels just state it as 40.
Yeah I remembered that I do have a scale lol. I have a scoop that holds 25 grams. I will use the scoop then see what the scale says it weighs and goes from there. I figured it was about 99% by weight. WTF happened to NP's forum on AM Steve?

My GF bought me a box of 72 Airheads at the grocery today, so over the next couple weeks I'm gonna have to put a dint in those anyway!