Supps for Swimming

avenue Red

Awards
Hey guys, Ive been on a cut for awhile now with great success. Been on the CKD for that time and in the begining of January i will start swimming mon-friday for 2hrs 830am-1030am. I was wondering what supps would be great for that. I was thinking Anabolic Pump with whole oats so i can start incorporating carbs back in my diet.

Looking for some ideas please. Ive tried varieties of fat burners and pre-workout supps. Also activate extreme. going to do DTH stand alone starting tomorrow.

Goals. Overall Better Health. to get a little bigger, tighten skin.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
oh and citruline malate. i have a buddy who uses it (bulk form) and he swims for college and swears by it. says he notices a real difference.

ifbod

Awards
BCAA's like the Scivation Xtend mentioned above, but any BCAA's will do.

Kre-Alkalyn creatine works well for increased power and endurance above lactate threshold (ie, max efforts lasting 5 seconds to 10 minutes)

Sport Legs seems to reduce or postpone lactic acid production. I have used it twice, lots of triathletes like it.

Anything that will increase GH production, which can help decrease recovery time and increase mitochondrial density, which increases your aerobic power and endurance. Sleep is probably number 1, but maybe some GH secretagogues. I've never tried them, but some swear by them.

I would also say anything that increases hematocrit, like some PH's can do, but that definitely will not increase your health. Make you faster and stronger yes, but health no. =)

avenue Red

Awards
i have bulk BCAA's right now from NP and Beta-Alanine. I am going to look into citruline malate i could add that to my shakes. also i ordered 3 tubs of jacked do you think that will be good?

for the gh supplement = powerFULL? or igf2?

ifbod

Awards
I'm not sure what 'jacked' is... creatine maybe? PowerFULL is supposed to be pretty good, although I've never tried it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Cordygen 5, Cordygen V02, or Cre-02. Great oxygen utilization. You'll love it.

avenue Red

Awards
ya i just looked at those. i think i might have to try it. sounds perfect for 2hr swims

japiranio

Awards
creatine an D-ribose
have more energy helps with ATP

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i have bulk BCAA's right now from NP and Beta-Alanine. I am going to look into citruline malate i could add that to my shakes. also i ordered 3 tubs of jacked do you think that will be good?

for the gh supplement = powerFULL? or igf2?
IGF-2 will help quite a bit in terms of increasing strength and also as a strong adapatogen- and Drive will help endurance directly through limiting lactic acid and also allowing for greater smooth muscle dilation in the airways. Drive also helps enhance the immune system- which will help during the winter months during flu season- especially when you start getting run down from training hard....

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Totally true. Even if you wanted to go along with the suggestion above of using Citrilline Malate, you could get yourself Citruvol Xs which contains our strand of Cordygen as well as Citrulline Malate.

Pm me if you'd like any help :)

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I concur with FOG on this one. Heard amazing things about all 3 and the science is there to back it up. Anabolic edge seemed to help increase my endurance and strength as well.

Ditto on the CM as well.

avenue Red

Awards
so im thinking of stacking these for swimming

bulk BCAA (already have)
bulk Beta-Alanine (already have)
Citruvol X
IGF-2
maybe drive or a test booster?

i was thinking of starting the 5x5 work out every other day and try to focus on olympic lifts and explosion type stuff also.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Just my personal opinion, but a test booster won't really be all that necessary to get into better health, tighten your skin, get a tad bigger, and improve your capacity for swimming. I've never tried IGF-2 but i've heard pretty good things overall. I think you'll really love the Citruvol-Xs and I think as far as staples go, as long as you're covered...you'll be fine. Get yourself a good multi-vitamin, multi-mineral, fish oils, protein, etc....and you'll see your goals within no time!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I concur with FOG on this one. Heard amazing things about all 3 and the science is there to back it up. Anabolic edge seemed to help increase my endurance and strength as well.

Ditto on the CM as well.
Good man! Palo Alto Labs is a sweet company (Anabolic Edge). Andrew732 is running it and it definitely seems a bit too good to be true from his log... lol... but I'm sure it works. ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

bulk BCAA (already have)
Citruvol X
IGF-2

i was thinking of starting the 5x5 work out every other day and try to focus on olympic lifts and explosion type stuff also.
If you are a competitive swimmer, in my opinion (with my knowledge and logic) you will not want to be doing that much lifting.

Food for thought: What I would do is a full body workout on like Tuesday and Saturday or whatever and just do a warmup set and a straight set (1 set per bodypart until you can't do anymore).

Tuesday:
DB Press
DB bent over rows
Hack Squat
Leg Extensions
Shoulder Press
Hammer Curls
Triceps Kickbacks

Saturday:
Deadlifts
Machine Flyes
Reverse Flyes
Lat Pulldown
Leg Press
Hamstring Curls
Lateral Raises
Chinups
Dips

I just made that up and threw it out. You would definitely have fun with it, no doubt. It'd do you good. FoG says so ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
If you are a competitive swimmer, in my opinion (with my knowledge and logic) you will not want to be doing that much lifting.

Food for thought: What I would do is a full body workout on like Tuesday and Saturday or whatever and just do a warmup set and a straight set (1 set per bodypart until you can't do anymore).

Tuesday:
DB Press
DB bent over rows
Hack Squat
Leg Extensions
Shoulder Press
Hammer Curls
Triceps Kickbacks

Saturday:
Deadlifts
Machine Flyes
Reverse Flyes
Lat Pulldown
Leg Press
Hamstring Curls
Lateral Raises
Chinups
Dips

I just made that up and threw it out. You would definitely have fun with it, no doubt. It'd do you good. FoG says so ;)
Damn I'm good.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just my personal opinion, but a test booster won't really be all that necessary to get into better health, tighten your skin, get a tad bigger, and improve your capacity for swimming. I've never tried IGF-2 but i've heard pretty good things overall. I think you'll really love the Citruvol-Xs and I think as far as staples go, as long as you're covered...you'll be fine. Get yourself a good multi-vitamin, multi-mineral, fish oils, protein, etc....and you'll see your goals within no time!
agreed completely when it comes to the staples

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

bulk BCAA (already have)
Citruvol X
IGF-2

the olympic lifts will help- and I would focus STRONGLY on core strength exercises and plylos:
med ball- slams, throws, twists, etc
core as heart (my favorite, should help a lot)
pull-overs with various amounts of stability
squats with quick/ballistic change of direction
benches with quick/ballistic change of direction
clap push-ups
pull and catch pull ups
bungee pulls (like tug of war with a bungee cord)
one leg hops
double hops (focuses on undulating action for flip turns and starts)

Also- working on your event specifically along with technique instead of 4-6 hour a day "general distance" swim-a-thons that most coaches favor- I swam competitively for 13 years- and most of our coaches had us in the water for at least this long, 5-7 days a week. They will literally overtrain you to death- very few actually know about proper training schedules :(

avenue Red

Awards
well right now im at a jr. college and going to start swimming there everyday because im suppose to transfer for the fall and want to get on the team. to be honest i am truely not good at knowing names of different lifts. I know most of the lifts of weight lifting just never specific on the names.
I was thinking the 5x5 routine EOD. with box jumps for more explosion