DCP question for Dsade or any RPN rep

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

Ive been using DCP for awhile so i introduced it to my g/f. She is currently taking Buspar for anxiety and said that she began feeling jittery/edgy i told her there were no stims in it, shes only taken a few but stopped because she was worried. is this a reaction with the anxiety meds? the write up on np doesn't mention it but the bottle says something about it. im more then happy to take them off her hands but i was just curious.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well there are no stims in it for sure. Maybe she had some anxiety issues about using it? It should not interfere with the Buspar. Maybe try her on a single cap every few hours and see how she does.

You can contact her doctor to be sure. But it sounds like she had some reservations about supplements.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
that's possible although she has taken other natural supplements in the past with no problems. i will have her try the single cap dosing....if all else fails i guess ill be "forced" to use it :D.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that's possible although she has taken other natural supplements in the past with no problems. i will have her try the single cap dosing....if all else fails i guess ill be "forced" to use it :D.
LOL well that is always an option!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long has she been on buspar? Buspar itself takes quite a while to kick into a therapeutic effect. Does she have any significant caffeine intake (soda/coffee/tea?)

The DCP shouldn't have any adverse reaction with the buspar, but everyone is different. There is definitely no stim in the DCP formula. Perhaps she's getting a warming effect from the raspberry ketones? That can have a weird feeling for some people. I'll do a little reseach myself though to see if some type of interaction can be occuring and get back to you.

I agree with Christine to seek her doctors advisement if this is concerning to her. I would start with a low dose to assess tolerance, and move up from there. Maybe even 1 capsule (3 x daily) to see what happens.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
ill ask her tonight about the duration of the buspar. shes in her final year of law school so maybe the effects are a combination of stress and what not. with her schedule she just wants to have something to keep the weight off and eventually lose that last 10 that's been bugging her. she's 5'8 like 140 and she wants to get into the low 130's. ill get back to you with that info trauma and thank you guys for the quick responses, reps

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
she has been on the buspar for about 2 months now and she doesn't have a high caffeine intake from other sources. she has tea occasionally.