Best Way to Correct a Hormonal Imbalance?

Matt123

Awards
I am looking for a cheap and effective way to correct a hormonal imbalance. I am pretty sure that my hormones are imbalanced.

It actually started about six months ago when I developed adrenal fatigue with high cortisol levels after coming off of medication. I am a college student and it has been difficult to get through school with all of the problems that I have had lately. I also have not been able to work out as much because every time I go to the gym, I feel completely worn out for the next few days.

I have tried different supplements to help ease the symptoms, and the only one that really worked for me was ginseng. I think that I am recovering from the adrenal fatigue, but I have been unable to stop taking ginseng. Since ginseng contains testosterone components, I think that I have developed problems similar to the hormonal problems associated with steroid use and withdrawal. Whenever I stop taking ginseng, it seems like my cortisol levels spike again. I have been unable to stop taking it for the last four months in order to keep up in school. I want to stop taking it, or at least take a break from it in order to balance out my hormonal levels, but I don’t want to have to put up with the side effects of withdrawal.

I was wondering if there is a cheap and effective way to get my hormonal levels back into balance. I am not really looking for a PCT, because I do not think that my problem is that serious. I also do not want to spend a ton of money on expensive supplements if I do not need to. I was thinking about trying either Reset AD, maca, or phosphatidylserine. I am open to any suggestions.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
It sounds to me like you are under a lot of stress and it is manifesting itself physically. It will do that to you. But your best bet is to see your doctor if you think you have a hormonal imbalance. If you don't have insurance, go to the campus health office and they should be able to help you. At least then you will know exactly what the imbalance is and can develop a plan to correct it.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
sunami man by get diesel, this product is a hormone optimizer

jfk

Awards
If your imbalance was caused by a medication it should work itself out naturally. I you have taken other substances to try to get things in check and have changed your natural balance that might be why it hasn't normalized. I wouldn't take ANYTHING until you've seen a doc. No product is going to give you long term results if you have an underlying problem. If you wait an adequate time and let everyhting wash out of your system and you still don't feel right, then see a doc....or better yet, see one now.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
What medication is it? A stimulant for ADHD? We may be able to help if you reveal that info. BTW, bloodwork would probrably be the first step to solving the problem, and although on many forums like this people mean well by giving advice, nothing here constitutes sound medical advice. Although you might find it useful, I would take any advice given with a grain of salt.

Matt123

Awards
It was actually the allergy medication, Singulair. It was strange, but after about nine months on it, I started having problems like difficulty sleeping, feeling agitated, and going through high and low emotional cycles. After hearing on the news about several suicide reports from people taking Singulair, I decided to stop taking it. After I did, I felt extremely tired and mentally fatigued all of the time. I didn't take anything for about a month after coming off the medication and I was still screwed up. Once school stated, I had to figure out something quick or else I was going to fail all of my classes. Ginseng is the only thing that has been able to get me through school to this point, but the effects are slowing wearing off. Also, whenever I stop taking ginseng for a few days, it seems like my cortisol levels spike again.

After doing a lot of research, it seems like I either have adrenal fatigue or a hormone imbalance. I have seen several "nutritionalists", but none of them have helped. I have not actually been to a doctor, because I do not have insurance. I am almost certain that my cortisol levels are too high. I also think that the ginseng has just been masking the problem and possibly messing up my hormone balance further since it contains testosterone.

I need to make it through finals before doing anything drastic, but I plan on getting some rest over the Christmas break and finding a way to balance myself out. I figured that I would just stop taking ginseng and possibly try Reset AD and see if that helped me. I know that it is probably best to just let my body balance itself out, but I am not sure how long that will actually take. Like I said, I did not take anything for almost a month and was still screwed up. I just wanted to get some input from others to see if anyone else could give me some insight.

hpfreak

Awards
I wouldn't take anything at all until you've seen a doctor and at least had some labs done. Typically not too expensive even if you do not have insurance. IMHO

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
It was actually the allergy medication, Singulair. It was strange, but after about nine months on it, I started having problems like difficulty sleeping, feeling agitated, and going through high and low emotional cycles. After hearing on the news about several suicide reports from people taking Singulair, I decided to stop taking it. After I did, I felt extremely tired and mentally fatigued all of the time. I didn't take anything for about a month after coming off the medication and I was still screwed up. Once school stated, I had to figure out something quick or else I was going to fail all of my classes. Ginseng is the only thing that has been able to get me through school to this point, but the effects are slowing wearing off. Also, whenever I stop taking ginseng for a few days, it seems like my cortisol levels spike again.

After doing a lot of research, it seems like I either have adrenal fatigue or a hormone imbalance. I have seen several "nutritionalists", but none of them have helped. I have not actually been to a doctor, because I do not have insurance. I am almost certain that my cortisol levels are too high. I also think that the ginseng has just been masking the problem and possibly messing up my hormone balance further since it contains testosterone.

I need to make it through finals before doing anything drastic, but I plan on getting some rest over the Christmas break and finding a way to balance myself out. I figured that I would just stop taking ginseng and possibly try Reset AD and see if that helped me. I know that it is probably best to just let my body balance itself out, but I am not sure how long that will actually take. Like I said, I did not take anything for almost a month and was still screwed up. I just wanted to get some input from others to see if anyone else could give me some insight.
Are you aware that most universities offer insurance to people in your shoes at an affordable price? Also, I highly doubt that ginseng messed up your test levels. I did alot of sh!t to my body when I was younger, and managed to turn out reasonably healthy and balanced provided that I take breaks in between supplements. I haven't heard of singular causing those sides, but I'll look into it. Reset might make you feel better, but without a diagnosis, you're shooting in the dark.

proudmom9727

Awards
Hi In one Word "HOMEOPATHY". The correct homeopathic remedy prescribed on your symptoms will balance your Hormones the natural way. Trust me there is nothing better.