Help ME!

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
To start out, I am 19, and I have taken about a 3 month hiatus off working out. I had a severe bout with depression and panic attacks that led me to become as inactive as possible. With help from my psychiatrist, he lifted me out of the depression with 60 mg Cymbalta (an SNRI) 2mg Abilify (an anti-psychotic) and Xanax. Now I want to get back into working out.

I am a very hard gainer, I am 6'5 and currently around 185, while 3 or 4 months ago I was at 200 pounds. I hope to get back to that weight + more if possible.

If you could recommend any routines for me, along with supplements I should take, that would be great.

I would like to stay off any caffeinated supplements for now, until I can get my anxiety stabilized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
dog crap routine is pretty cool i think...beats the hell out of you though.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Suggestions

To start out, I am 19, and I have taken about a 3 month hiatus off working out. I had a severe bout with depression and panic attacks that led me to become as inactive as possible. With help from my psychiatrist, he lifted me out of the depression with 60 mg Cymbalta (an SNRI) 2mg Abilify (an anti-psychotic) and Xanax. Now I want to get back into working out.

I am a very hard gainer, I am 6'5 and currently around 185, while 3 or 4 months ago I was at 200 pounds. I hope to get back to that weight + more if possible.

If you could recommend any routines for me, along with supplements I should take, that would be great.

I would like to stay off any caffeinated supplements for now, until I can get my anxiety stabilized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You might want to start at 2-3 days a week, and make your way up to 3-5 resistance sessions. Multijoint, compound exercises will be best (i.e. squat, deadlift, bench press, shoulder press, dips, etc.) to make up the bulk of your sessions. Aim for 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps per exercise (or body-part, if Full-Body sessions) for the first 4-6 weeks, with 60-90 seconds rest between sets. After that you can adjust your programme.

Make sure your diet is sorted. Eat heaps, especially if you're looking to 'bulk'.

You don't need any supplements aside from the staples:
* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats
* BCAA's

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
You might want to start at 2-3 days a week, and make your way up to 3-5 resistance sessions. Multijoint, compound exercises will be best (i.e. squat, deadlift, bench press, shoulder press, dips, etc.) to make up the bulk of your sessions. Aim for 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps per exercise (or body-part, if Full-Body sessions) for the first 4-6 weeks, with 60-90 seconds rest between sets. After that you can adjust your programme.

Make sure your diet is sorted. Eat heaps, especially if you're looking to 'bulk'.

You don't need any supplements aside from the staples:
* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats
* BCAA's
yea that's quite well put.

It also depends on the food you like as well. The 1 advantage for ectomorphs is you can eat so much variety in order to gain.

you could do something like.

meal 1: 6 egg omlette, bowl of cereal, pancakes
meal 2: 1/2 chicken, fried rice with vegetable.
meal 3: fruit, nuts and protein drink
meal 4: rice and meat (maybe BBQ pork)
meal 4 desert: big bowl of ice cream with WPI sprinkled on it
meal 5: fruit and WPI supplement
meal 6: salad with meat and cottage cheese

what i'm getting at is that ectomorphs can basically follow the "see it eat it" approach with others can't without becoming fat

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also look into fish oil and rhodiola for mood. Discuss it with your dr though, to avoid negative interactions with meds.

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
Also look into fish oil and rhodiola for mood. Discuss it with your dr though, to avoid negative interactions with meds.
i've been taking fish oil for years now, and i've never really gotten any effect from rhodiola - the only thing i do like is phenibut and sometimes phenylethylamine