Closest thing to a prohormone??

Prodogy

Awards
what supps have you taken that have good results not prohormones, but if something comes close to it then thats fine ..... I just don't want to take any prohormones. by the way this is assumeing you have everything in conrtol like diet, training, sleep. So lets hear it.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Something like anabolic pump or PSlin with a good test booster like Diesel test hardcore................dare i say it Prime is having some decent reviews in the strength department.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion i would say X Factor! closest gains to a PH with out PCT. That is if your a responder (most seem to be)

what are your goals: bulk, cut, recomp? this makes a difference. supplement, diet, and training wise

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
well at 5;10 144 Lbs i would take nothing but protein and creatine.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
In lieu of fancy supplements, just get a solid whey isolate protein (All The Whey brand has great flavors) and use the money that you WOULD have spent on other supps and spend it on a nutritionist and/or personal trainer. 5'10", 145lbs.....get your nutrition and workouts down 1st.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
cant agree more with the others. at 5'10'' and not even a buck fifty, you need to have a solid training and diet regimen before you think about "fun" supplements.

and remember, bodybuilding is not a sprint, its a marathon.

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
Something like anabolic pump or PSlin with a good test booster like Diesel test hardcore................dare i say it Prime is having some decent reviews in the strength department.
Great choices.

Prodogy, try to take in at least 2200 calories. 45%C 35%P 20%F. How active r u?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Great choices.

Prodogy, try to take in at least 2200 calories. 45%C 35%P 20%F. How active r u?
2200 calories? of this kids trying to gain weight thats nothing

dafox

Awards
  • Established
cant agree more with the others. at 5'10'' and not even a buck fifty, you need to have a solid training and diet regimen before you think about "fun" supplements.

and remember, bodybuilding is not a sprint, its a marathon.
Now that's a quote to remember. :thumbsup:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what supps have you taken that have good results not prohormones, but if something comes close to it then thats fine ..... I just don't want to take any prohormones. by the way this is assumeing you have everything in conrtol like diet, training, sleep. So lets hear it.
If you're not gaining now at your current stats then something is out of wack...I'd be willing to bet it's your macros/calories.

A lot of people THINK they eat a lot differently than they actually do. I used to use FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal to keep track of EVERYTHING I ate and it helped tremendously.

Simply speaking - a proper routine and sufficient calories will bring you slow and steady gains at this point in your lifting career.

You need to figure out a few things to do this. Research your caloric maintenance needs and adjust it according to your goals. In your case, you'll slowly raise it up to about 500+ surplus calories per day. Do some research on macro nutrients and macro ratios too. If you get really anal, nutrient timing might be of interest too...for any of you newbs, notice that this is all FOOD related. Food is my favorite anabolic :D

Creatine, Fish oil, BCAAs, whey protein, a multi vitamin, a proper diet and a lot of dedication will be a great start for anybody that is new to the lifestyle. I hope this helps some.

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
I should've added "to add 300-500+" more calories on top of that.

Prodogy

Awards
ok i am goning to be honest bout what I eat.. i eat about 2100 cals a day and about 150g of protien a day, last month i gained 6 pound with this ( i am not saying it all muscle of anything like that) this month i do want up my diet, i am getting a little ahead of my self but i never gain weight before and when i did last month i was excited and now all i want to do is gain weight but yah thx for all the tips

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yup there is no magic pill. it takes effort and its worth it. I would recommend 3000+ calories, 300G protein, 300G carbs, 75G fats. Also, for the muscle groups your wanting to grow try to take in around 500G carbs the day of working them out.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of what the others have said, which I agree with for the most part, you will likely find something to take. I can't say I blame you completely. With that said, it's better to recommend something good to you instead of something bunk. Here are my suggestions on what's good. Get you a divanex/6-oxo stack or Diesel Test Hardcore. I haven't tried the latter, but it is guaranteed to be the best booster/freer and I haven't read anyone refuting that.

With that said, make sure you're taking good basic/fundamental things, like your whey/creatine/multi/fish oil/etc.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the divanex suggestion, but if one can' gain without supps, they aren't going to gain a lot with them...or even if they do, they likely lose a lot of it fairly quickly.

Divanex + 6 oxo (or aromatase inhibitor of choice) sounds like a solid suggestion though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Age, diet, training history? One would assume that you are not eating sufficient calories to really experience any LBM gains. Not to discourage or dissuade you, but you will not get much from any supplement without a solid diet.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Yup there is no magic pill. it takes effort and its worth it. I would recommend 3000+ calories, 300G protein, 300G carbs, 75G fats. Also, for the muscle groups your wanting to grow try to take in around 500G carbs the day of working them out.
I would say that at his body weight, it may be better to take in more carbs than protein or fats, not much more but up it a little. Say, 450carbs, 200gpro, 75gfats

that'll put him at around 32-3300. Only reason why I suggest that is the fact that he is probably burning calories like crazy, so he needs more energy in and fuel for his workouts.
Also, he doesn't seem to be the type to put on extra fat from what he's said so far. But without his numbers/data, we're all just guessing.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overly force-feeding himself (although it's the BBer mentality) is not a good idea either. Increasing his calroic intake by 10-15% every month or so is a much better idea so his body can adjust to the surplus and he will probably add more quality weight.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Overly force-feeding himself (although it's the BBer mentality) is not a good idea either. Increasing his calroic intake by 10-15% every month or so is a much better idea so his body can adjust to the surplus and he will probably add more quality weight.
I agree, though, from his approach, he seems to want this now rather than later, so it was the suggestion.

I think he said 2500 now? So, we're talking maybe a total of 28%.

EDIT: he said he's taking 2100 now...so, yeah, that' would be a huge increase for him, around 52% if he guns for 3200 kcals.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
it would help if we had an age bro........for all we know you could be some 14 yearold and we are telling you to use 6-oxo, diet and lifting come 1st!

with staples like:
creatine
BCAA
EAA
multi-vit
protein shake (depending on alot of things)

then once you stop gaining with all that you add in the fancy cool stuff......but by the looks of your weight (no offense) you should look at diet........again i dont know your age, thats why i lectured you.

and if your bulking, people on the boards have suggested, 3grams of carbs per pound of body weight, 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, and 22 cals per pound of body weight........every one is different though, i am a ecto morph (hard gainer)

you may be different

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Age is critical to know for this.

but if you put on 6lbs last month without using any supplements, why do you feel like you need to do more than repeat last month for the next 3-4 months?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
it doesnt look like this user is coming back guys, so im going to ask, what is up with cissus, i thought it was for bones, and joints....is it also a test booster or something?

Prodogy

Awards
it would help if we had an age bro........for all we know you could be some 14 yearold and we are telling you to use 6-oxo, diet and lifting come 1st!
actually i just turned 19 yesterday

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
okay bro, know that we know the situation we can better assist you....and i did not see the part of the first post saying diet is in check......it depends what you want to do, bulk or cut??

and x-factor is supposed to kick monster ass....your test levels are in the PERFECT condition to build muscle......maybe you could take a natty test booster like mass fx.....i want to see other board members opinions on that..........and maybe stack it with hyperdrol........?

but im positive x-factor is safe.....

SMD

SMD

Awards
Prodogy Training and diet are key......Being a 19 year old myself I would get these fundamentals down first. Papapumpsd's suggestion of saving money and getting a trainer instead is really good advice.
If you want any help just PM me...I'm NASM level 3 qualified will give you some tailored advice if you want it.

Prodogy

Awards
I want to bulk badly, and from what i have heard people say i do need to eat more... so I gave it some thought and this month i will definatly take way more calories... by the way just93 i ordered mass fx and hyperdrol but its on backorder
(I should have mentioned it earlier)
so i think if i shot up my calorie in take to roughly 3800 cal (or more?) and 210 grams of protien it should do me good

oh yah i just went to walmart today and bought micronized creatine I have never taken creatine before so from what i read on another website I can load up but i dont know how much??

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
If it's plain creatine, it's best combine with dextrose or a high gi juice for transportation. Loading is usually 20 grams a day for 5 days in divided doses. After 5 days 1-2 servings for maintenance. Try to drink an extra 16 oz of water for every 5 grams of creatine you take. Creatine (and protein) is hydrophilic so water is important for it to work properly.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
well at 5;10 144 Lbs i would take nothing but protein and creatine.
Goods point...i think the closest thing to a pro-hormone for you would be food, if you eat you will grow, oats and red meat, Dont bother with anything else until you get your diet in order, if you train you will grow if your eating right. Food is the most anabolic substance for growth, without it, your just going to be cutting your gains short.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah, and if you can find it for cheap, taurine is helpful for creatine transportation........and from what i hear, MASS FX and HYPERDROL x2 should be back in stock soon

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
yah, and if you can find it for cheap, taurine is helpful for creatine transportation........
Adding Alpha LipoicAcid with this will be even better. Some premade creatine formulas with dextrose and taurine like AST's Creatine HSC will be great for a creatine user. The ones with ALA already added made not be that effective.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to bulk badly, and from what i have heard people say i do need to eat more... so I gave it some thought and this month i will definatly take way more calories... by the way just93 i ordered mass fx and hyperdrol but its on backorder
(I should have mentioned it earlier)
so i think if i shot up my calorie in take to roughly 3800 cal (or more?) and 210 grams of protien it should do me good

oh yah i just went to walmart today and bought micronized creatine I have never taken creatine before so from what i read on another website I can load up but i dont know how much??
I'm going back to your prior statement that you gained 6lbs last month doing whatever it was you were doing. I'd say just stick with that 2 or 3 or 4 months until it stops working. If you started a poll asking if they would be happy with a 6lb gain in a month naturally without any supplements, i'd bet you'd see 100% voting yes. dont waste the money or effort to change it till it slows down or stops.

Prodogy

Awards
i guess i will pospone the hyperdole x2 and mass fx till next month then

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been on the border on pro hormones.. I think I might try one of these suggestions first and see how my body take to them before I jump in the hormone game.. Thanks to everyone who suggested something I will be looking them all up.. and best of luck to Prodogy

riskerz

Awards
Creatine, Fish oil, BCAAs, whey protein, a multi vitamin, a proper diet and a lot of dedication will be a great start for anybody that is new to the lifestyle. I hope this helps some.
+1 on this...

riskerz

Awards
i always wanted to go to the prohormone side, but i decided to try n stick to a good clean eating habit and workout routine before i try out the prohormone...

IAMSKD

Awards
with your weight you don t need to think pro hormone , just train well and have a good diet , then you will think other ;)

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Pappapump has great advice, supplements are expensive, and way less effective (for the most part) then a lot chicken, veggies, potatos, steak, ect. at 19 your test lvls are high enough that you dont need fancy thigns.

A rule of thumb i try to follow is eat how you want to be, not how you are. ex you want to weigh 200lbs then eat like a 200lb person should. now take it a step at a time, dont eat like a 300 lb person right away, but raise it gradually.

BBR

BBR

Awards
I was under the impression that 500cal over maintainance was all that was really needed to supply muscles with enough fuel to grow. Correct me if I'm wrong?

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
no you are right but i believe this all depends on genetics and body type, like i need 1000 cals over maintenance to grow due to active life style and being an ectomorph

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
A rule of thumb i try to follow is eat how you want to be, not how you are. ex you want to weigh 200lbs then eat like a 200lb person should. now take it a step at a time, dont eat like a 300 lb person right away, but raise it gradually.
Good point. Average caloric maintenance for a 200 lbs. person is around 3000 calories.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Simplisticially stated, you need an excess amount of calories to gain weight (fat OR muscle). The commonly agreed upon number is that 3500 excess calories = one pound (of fat or muscle). I personally feel that this is a very simplistic way to state this, but that is another thread in and of itself.

I would suggest slowly upping calories when going over maintenance. I have found that upping cals too quickly is an easy way to add unwanted fat.