Losing hair . . . Is it the supps or exercise?

  1. Registered User
    SuppKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    202
    Answers
    0

    Losing hair . . . Is it the supps or exercise?


    I'm still 27 years old and recently I've noticed that I'm shedding a lot of hair, and my hair line is thinning and receding a little bit.

    I'm not sure this isn't simply a case of hereditary male-pattern baldness, but it began at about the same time I began weight training and taking supplements, about 5 months ago. Before this, I never took any supplements and never lifted in my life.

    Can there be a correlation between lifting/supps and baldness?

    Before I forget, the supps I took/am taking are: Leviathan Re-loaded, Recreate and DCP.

    I hope it is the supps, so I can simply discontinue use. I truly hope it is not due to weight training, because I don't want to stop, but I'd rather be flabby and hairy than look like Michael Jordan or Bruce Willis.

  2. Registered User
    GetDatFool's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    127
    Answers
    0


    its the supps i bet !! find some new ones
  3. Registered User
    GetDatFool's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    127
    Answers
    0


    no way is it from workin out, thats silly
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0


    why are you taking three different things that help you loose weight and give you energy? stick with one, and that should alleviate your problem.
  5. Registered User
    GotTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    483
    Answers
    0


    I agree...supplements!
    It's sort of odd, but if I take too many stim/fat burner type supps I start to shed.
    Tyrosine actually makes me shed over 1g/day.
  6. Registered User
    matic22's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    72
    Answers
    0


    is it proven that Tyrosine will make people shed hair? if so, i need to fall back on that stuff.
  7. Registered User
    GotTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    483
    Answers
    0


    There are reports that it is actually GOOD for hair, but I swear if I go over 1g/day, I see a lot more on my hand when I shampoo.
  8. Registered User
    matic22's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    72
    Answers
    0


    i'm having a little problem with thinning but i started taking some multi's and got some shampoo so i'm going to see what's up
  9. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Weight lifting is shown to increase testosterone, which can lead to hairloss.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  10. Registered User
    matic22's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    72
    Answers
    0


    and there is no way to reverse genetics? my uncle and grandpops lost hair too
  11. Registered User
    GotTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    483
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Weight lifting is shown to increase testosterone, which can lead to hairloss.
    Of course there is always Virile Mane.
    That's your que dsade...sell me on this stuff man.
  12. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by GotTest View Post
    Of course there is always Virile Mane.
    That's your que dsade...sell me on this stuff man.
    I didn't want to turn this into a pimp thread, mostly because it isn't what the OP was asking about.

    But as it would apply to the problem (assuming genetic proclivity and increased test from weight lifting) Virile Mane addresses these areas - being specially designed to be useful in androgenic alopecia.

    Specifically, the peppermint oil seems to both exert influence on IGF-1 sensivity, working hand in hand with the Raspberry Ketones to stimulate hair growth by phase manipulation. The rest of the formula addresses various areas such as immune reaction modulation (through anti-inflammatory action) free radical quenching, and nutrient delivery/blood flow to follicles.

    At the very least it is an extremely economical option, whether it is exacerbated by supps or weight lifting.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  13. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    I'd rather be flabby and hairy than look like Michael Jordan or Bruce Willis.
    You would rather look like a slob, than 2 succesful, rich guys that bang hot chicks?
  14. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    You would rather look like a slob, than 2 succesful, rich guys that bang hot chicks?
    Worse than that, though, is the fact that one the cascade of hairloss begins, short of intervention, most likely he would end up a fat, BALD, slob anyway.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  15. Registered User
    SuppKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    202
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    You would rather look like a slob, than 2 succesful, rich guys that bang hot chicks?

    You can be flabby without looking like a slob; look at Barak Obama:

    weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/Obama-Surf.jpg

    I don't think people consider him a slob even though he's flabby. Yet all he does is play basketball, he never lifts. I could keep playing b-ball forever if it meant keeping my hair.

    But like I stated before, I don't want to stop lifting, especially if I will end up losing my hair whether I lift or not. All I wanted was to know if there was some way to know for sure whether I am losing hair due to nature or due to lifting/supps.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,259
    Answers
    0


    Things that boost test levels can contribute to thinning hair. Reloaded boosts test, however I'm not sure it is enough to do that.
  17. Registered User
    GotTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    483
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I didn't want to turn this into a pimp thread, mostly because it isn't what the OP was asking about.

    But as it would apply to the problem (assuming genetic proclivity and increased test from weight lifting) Virile Mane addresses these areas - being specially designed to be useful in androgenic alopecia.

    Specifically, the peppermint oil seems to both exert influence on IGF-1 sensivity, working hand in hand with the Raspberry Ketones to stimulate hair growth by phase manipulation. The rest of the formula addresses various areas such as immune reaction modulation (through anti-inflammatory action) free radical quenching, and nutrient delivery/blood flow to follicles.

    At the very least it is an extremely economical option, whether it is exacerbated by supps or weight lifting.
    Thanks for the info dsade!
    I know what you mean about jumping into a thread and pimpin your stuff... that's annoying sometimes. I see those threads sometimes, "I have high blood pressure, I'm losing my hair, my nuts are shrinking, and I hate red meat"...."You need MY PRODUCT and your worries are over".
    I knew I wouldn't get that from you though.

    I use 5% spiro cream and Nizoral for EVERY cycle. I want to keep my hair so I don't take chances. The spiro is known to be antiandrogenic so I am looking for alternatives...though it has helped so far.

    Is the Virile Male a cream you use after washing hair?
    Is it like a "leave in conditioner" or something?

    Sorry for the hijack Suppknight, but we are talking hair loss.
  18. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Weight lifting is shown to increase testosterone, which can lead to hairloss.
    True.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  19. Registered User
    beginner36117's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    Answers
    0


    supps
  20. Registered User
    WebDesigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    234
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Weight lifting is shown to increase testosterone, which can lead to hairloss.

    ^^this
  21. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    I'm still 27 years old and recently I've noticed that I'm shedding a lot of hair, and my hair line is thinning and receding a little bit.

    I'm not sure this isn't simply a case of hereditary male-pattern baldness, but it began at about the same time I began weight training and taking supplements, about 5 months ago. Before this, I never took any supplements and never lifted in my life.

    Can there be a correlation between lifting/supps and baldness?

    Before I forget, the supps I took/am taking are: Leviathan Re-loaded, Recreate and DCP.

    I hope it is the supps, so I can simply discontinue use. I truly hope it is not due to weight training, because I don't want to stop, but I'd rather be flabby and hairy than look like Michael Jordan or Bruce Willis.
    Im gonna be nice and help you. most people charge $ for this information.. find the hair loss prevention thread started by big vungra and do hours of research and studying. also google dht. dht is whats causing it and learn to block dht and your set. the simple fact some men 's test converts to dht at a higher rate , its genetic that causes hairloss/ get some otc nizoral 1 % or go to your doctor and get 2 %. also other options. I haven't studied this in years and memory still remembers.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  22. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by GotTest View Post
    I agree...supplements!
    It's sort of odd, but if I take too many stim/fat burner type supps I start to shed.
    Tyrosine actually makes me shed over 1g/day.
    i call bull****.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  23. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by matic22 View Post
    is it proven that Tyrosine will make people shed hair? if so, i need to fall back on that stuff.
    no its not. if you understand how it works you would know this is completely untrue. I can tell you all i know about dht and test and certain males being disposed and everything else , if you dont understand how and why behind it youll come up with all sorts of mis-information.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  24. Registered User
    GotTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    483
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    i call bull****.
    Sorry my friend...DHT is NOT the only culprit when it comes to hairloss.
  25. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by GotTest View Post
    Sorry my friend...DHT is NOT the only culprit when it comes to hairloss.
    its the main one.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  26. Registered User
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,647
    Answers
    0


    sounds like MPB
  27. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by b unit View Post
    sounds like MPB
    agreed.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  28. Banned
    pamela b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    I'm still 27 years old and recently I've noticed that I'm shedding a lot of hair, and my hair line is thinning and receding a little bit.

    I'm not sure this isn't simply a case of hereditary male-pattern baldness, but it began at about the same time I began weight training and taking supplements, about 5 months ago. Before this, I never took any supplements and never lifted in my life.

    Can there be a correlation between lifting/supps and baldness?

    Before I forget, the supps I took/am taking are: Leviathan Re-loaded, Recreate and DCP.

    I hope it is the supps, so I can simply discontinue use. I truly hope it is not due to weight training, because I don't want to stop, but I'd rather be flabby and hairy than look like Michael Jordan or Bruce Willis.

    Good point.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Losing hair during PCT?
    By CryingEmo in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
  2. losing hair....suggest me wat to do??
    By strider420 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM
  3. Might be losing hair...
    By DazzlinJack in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 12:27 AM
  4. Walking: The Best Exercise for Losing Weight
    By yeahright in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 12:36 PM
  5. Losing your hair for a good cause!
    By JPmess in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in