chinese melamine on protein powders-dangerous

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
guys , I dunno if this was already discussed here but I`m kind of concerned on the protein powders available on the market, seems like some brands were importing their raws from china and some of them were contaminated with melamine, I heard rumors that even ergopharm discontinued their gf pro line cause the raws were Chinese, I also heard that ON made a statement where they deny the use of china raws.
Well can anyone help me and tell me what brands are safe to use?????????
I`m using est stuff cause I like their flavours but I cant help thinking I`m fu**ing myself...

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I've seen the warnings on milk products from china, what are the adverse health issues with it?

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Some Chinese companies were padding their proteins with a toxic substance to increase profits. They probably aren't the only ones doing it. Protein has a high nitrogen content. They test raw protein by testing its nitrogen content.

Dubious manufactures blended real protein isolates with flour laced with Uric Acid or something like that. You probably pee some of this out every morining. It passes a nitrogen test, but it isn't protein and it is toxic to your kidneys and can make you sick. Old people and babies are very susceptible, hence all the babies that died from being poisoned by baby formula blended with fake protein.

I would be hard pressed that you would find a products protein sources on their label so their is no way to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it comes form China cause it's cheap.

This is also related to the pet foods tainted with the same fake protein that was killing peoples dogs a few years ago. I even heard that rawhides from China are bad for your dog.

Unless you make something yourself, your kind of at the mercy of society (and by default, China's society), a society that will feed you poison for profit. (Which is also why their is hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup in almost everything - it's cheap, but unhealthy)

If you think the tobacco industry is bad, the food industry is worse. I at least know cigarette's are poison, but food shouldn't be.

BuckeyeMuscle

BuckeyeMuscle

Awards
  • Established
I believe Xtreme Formulations uses 100% American protein.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
You could always ask them in their threads here on AM. I'm sure All the Whey and others would be more than happy to answer your question.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chinese dairy may contain melamine. Melamine generally speaking is a plastic. About 2 years ago pets started getting sick and dieing across America, the culprit Melamine. Melamine was being found in major branded pet foods. The dogs and cats were eating these pet foods that contained Melamine and dieing. Why was Melamine in the food?

I don’t want to encapsulate the Chinese in general, Chinese companies could care less about morality and more about profits, even if it cost people their lives. Melamine can throw off an analysis test for protein. For example, let’s say a certain meat ingredient is supposed to contain 70% protein. The owner of the Chinese factory that sells the meat ingredient only has a 30% protein meat ingredient. This of course, costs much less than the 70% protein meat ingredient. The owner adds Melamine to the meat and when tested for protein percentage the meat ingredient now shows 70% protein. Nice huh? Thus he just made a killer profit because he just sold a 30% protein ingredient at the 70% price.

This is what the Chinese were doing with the pet food ingredients. For how long I’m not sure. But what happened was the Chinese suppliers were getting greedier, and greedier, and greedier, adding more and more melamine each time. Well guess what, finally their greed caught up to them. So MUCH melamine was added that it reached toxic, deadly levels, small dogs and cats starting dieing. Dogs not so much because dogs will stop eating when they feel they are getting sick. Cats are dumb and still ate all the heavily contained Melamine cat food, they died.

Are you starting to see the problem?

With the increase in demand for whey protein now in the Eastern part of the world, (I’m sure you noticed the increase in whey protein prices last year) the Chinese starting to make their own whey protein powder. And yes, you guessed it they started to put Melamine in the whey protein! Most companies have some form of protein that have melamine in there product endless they are manufacturing there own products with there own machines etc.
The supplement industry, especially the sports nutrition industry is made up of all Chinese raw materials. What do I mean by this? Well check out that Nitric Oxide product you are using. If you see things like creatine ethyl ester and L-arginine ethyl ester you are drinking Chinese made product.

You know that fat burner you are using, yea from China. The pro-hormone you are using, yea China. The creatine you are using, (with the exception of Creapure ONLY), yup China.

I would have to say more than 70% of the ingredients in your favorite non-protein supplements are made in China.

Ready for the scary part, protein. Yes, beware because you may have had importers of dairy ingredients bring in Chinese whey protein concentrate and isolate. If you think I’m bs'ing you better think twice. Remember what I just said before, (and I probably underestimated). MOST of the non-protein, sports supplements you are using are FROM CHINA. I just got off the phone with a company and they even said there previous company did get lot of there raw supply from china.

Listen I’m not going to write to much longer.

Here’s my warning. You better make sure you know damn well where your protein powder is coming from.

If a company can’t tell you where there protein powder is coming from, well then……Russian roulette need I say…..

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
guys , I dunno if this was already discussed here but I`m kind of concerned on the protein powders available on the market, seems like some brands were importing their raws from china and some of them were contaminated with melamine, I heard rumors that even ergopharm discontinued their gf pro line cause the raws were Chinese, I also heard that ON made a statement where they deny the use of china raws.
Well can anyone help me and tell me what brands are safe to use?????????
I`m using est stuff cause I like their flavours but I cant help thinking I`m fu**ing myself...
I wouldn't worry that much- Cargill is one of the main producers of whey for US supp. cos., and they are based in the US- whey is actually a waste product from dairy, believe it or not....and there is testing for melamine now- FT-IR will pick up peaks on it, as well as NIR and some of the other testing mediums- I learned how to test for it back in July.....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Chinese dairy may contain melamine. Melamine generally speaking is a plastic. About 2 years ago pets started getting sick and dieing across America, the culprit Melamine. Melamine was being found in major branded pet foods. The dogs and cats were eating these pet foods that contained Melamine and dieing. Why was Melamine in the food?

I don’t want to encapsulate the Chinese in general, Chinese companies could care less about morality and more about profits, even if it cost people their lives. Melamine can throw off an analysis test for protein. For example, let’s say a certain meat ingredient is supposed to contain 70% protein. The owner of the Chinese factory that sells the meat ingredient only has a 30% protein meat ingredient. This of course, costs much less than the 70% protein meat ingredient. The owner adds Melamine to the meat and when tested for protein percentage the meat ingredient now shows 70% protein. Nice huh? Thus he just made a killer profit because he just sold a 30% protein ingredient at the 70% price.

This is what the Chinese were doing with the pet food ingredients. For how long I’m not sure. But what happened was the Chinese suppliers were getting greedier, and greedier, and greedier, adding more and more melamine each time. Well guess what, finally their greed caught up to them. So MUCH melamine was added that it reached toxic, deadly levels, small dogs and cats starting dieing. Dogs not so much because dogs will stop eating when they feel they are getting sick. Cats are dumb and still ate all the heavily contained Melamine cat food, they died.

With the increase in demand for whey protein now in the Eastern part of the world, (I’m sure you noticed the increase in whey protein prices last year) the Chinese starting to make their own whey protein powder. And yes, you guessed it they started to put Melamine in the whey protein! Most companies have some form of protein that have melamine in there product endless they are manufacturing there own products with there own machines etc.
The supplement industry, especially the sports nutrition industry is made up of all Chinese raw materials. What do I mean by this? Well check out that Nitric Oxide product you are using. If you see things like creatine ethyl ester and L-arginine ethyl ester you are drinking Chinese made product.

You know that fat burner you are using, yea from China. The pro-hormone you are using, yea China. The creatine you are using, (with the exception of Creapure ONLY), yup China.

I would have to say more than 70% of the ingredients in your favorite non-protein supplements are made in China.

Ready for the scary part, protein. Yes, beware because you may have had importers of dairy ingredients bring in Chinese whey protein concentrate and isolate. If you think I’m bs'ing you better think twice. Remember what I just said before, (and I probably underestimated). MOST of the non-protein, sports supplements you are using are FROM CHINA. I just got off the phone with a company and they even said there previous company did get lot of there raw supply from china.

Here’s my warning. You better make sure you know damn well where your protein powder is coming from.

If a company can’t tell you where there protein powder is coming from, well then……Russian roulette need I say…..

protein- yes I would worry- I would buy US-made protein...not everyone tests for melamine just yet- Lipton recently had to do a recall on their Milk Tea

raw ingredients, amino acids, etc. as long as you are testing for impurities, should be ok...

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
You could always ask them in their threads here on AM. I'm sure All the Whey and others would be more than happy to answer your question.
thats an idea but I think it would be a much better idea if the reps come to this thread and post statements like the one I post here from ON.
I made some research and found that ON,ALL MAX ,LABRADA ,CYTOSPORT, PROLAB and SAN are safe , BSN never answer to peoples questions and ergo discontinued their proteins, I personally prefer to be on the safe side and go with the brands that said something about it cause silence its weird to say the least...
I wouldn't worry that much- Cargill is one of the main producers of whey for US supp. cos., and they are based in the US-.....
I understand your point rms but I don't agree with it because the costumer is (in some cases) buying less protein that he thought he was and worst the substitute of that protein is a dangerous substance

Attachments

Last edited:
pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
what about nutraplanet bulk stuff?

eaa, bcaa, creatine ethyl esther, dicreatine malate, etc?

those could potentially be sourced from china too right?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Correct. Look at what I wrote. Endless its crea pure its from china.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I believe Xtreme Formulations uses 100% American protein.
Truth. XF proteins are safe and delicious. They're one of the few that can be trusted, IMO.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what about nutraplanet bulk stuff?

eaa, bcaa, creatine ethyl esther, dicreatine malate, etc?

those could potentially be sourced from china too right?
the regular raw ingredients (like those above) you really don't have to worry about- melamine was put into the dog food and powdered milk products to increase the amount of nitrogen on the assay (to "fool" it, so to speak)- say if you are a powdered milk mfr.- and you need to have approx. 100-220 ppm of nitrogen to meet your customer specs.- but don't want to spend extra money on extra concentrate to attain that level of quality- a small (0.2% to 2.0%) amount of melamine will boost protein assay levels significantly on most tests....take a look:
EFFECT OF CALIBRATION PROCEDURES ON ACCURACY AND PRECISION OF AUTOMATED KJELDAHL NITROGEN ANALYSIS IN SOME FORMULATED FOODS
K. R. VINCENT 1 1 W. F. SHIPE 1
1 Dept. of Food Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14850

1 Beatrice Foods Co., Research Center. 1526 S. State St., Chicago, IL 60605

Copyright 1976 by the Institute of Food Technologists
ABSTRACT

The Technicon AutoAnalyzer total nitrogen system was studied to determine some of the limitations and special modifications of the method that pertain to the analysis of formulated foods with one or more high protein ingredients. Assorted instant breakfasts and meat analogs were used as test products. Specifically, the effects of composition of calibration standards, heat of continuous digestion, and nitrogen concentration on the agreement between AutoAnalyzer and manual macro-Kjeldahl were studied. Resistance of particular protein types to continuous digestion did not constitute a major limiting factor in the precision and reproducibility of the automated method, so that fixed temperatures could be used for diverse proteins. Standard deviations from 0.21–0.47% protein were obtained with the AutoAnalyzer for 5–8 replicates of several different food products compared to about 0.22–0.37% for manual Kieldahls. Of more imuortance than qualitative composition of standards was the maintenance of a narrow- range of concentration (100 ppm N) for sample solutions and calibration with dual standards corresponding to the lower and upper limits of the concentration range. Better accuracy and reproducibility were achieved with calibration standards prepared from dispersible or soluble ingredients that formed stable, homogeneous acid mixtures. Although the method is not recommended as the best means of obtaining accurate nutritional composition data for formulated foods, the automated method may be used for less demanding applications, including rough proximate analyses.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All the stuff I use is melamine free. My protein comes from new Zealand and had a COA for no melamine.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now why is that important? Well- in most raw material compounds pertinent to this discussion (herbal extracts, amino acids and derivatives, fish oil, etc.) do not spec. nitrogen levels in as part of their purchasing specs, unless something has to do with protein. Purchasing specs. are documents created by a dietary ingredient mfr. (like us) that set limits of purity, potency, and composition for DS compounds. This is how we come up with testing methods to validate whether or not a supplier is providing us with the correct product in the correct amounts. Examples for these specs. are:
Loss on Drying
Bulk Density
Tapped Density
Disintegraton Testing
Assay
ID tests- macroscopic, organoleptic, etc.
Weight Variation
Micro testing
heavy metals testing
pesticide residue
ash
solvents

Most herbals look at a standardization % of a certain ingredient, plus the results of some or all of the above tests. Most aminos, creatine, etc. also look at most of the above, not total nitrogen. This is b/c total nitrogen is not very important to the potency, purity, or composition of any of these products- so you probably don't need to worry about melamine being in any commonly used raw ingredients- outside of protein- suppliers wouldn't try to boost nitrogen in any of the above compounds simply b/c it won't be tested....

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
so can anyone contest were the board sponsors get their raws from? TP? ATW? LG?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are a significant number of US manufacturers of whey proteins, and the cost evens out when you account for shipping.

Most of the companies I am familiar with use US made proteins.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
There are a significant number of US manufacturers of whey proteins, and the cost evens out when you account for shipping.

Most of the companies I am familiar with use US made proteins.
Great to know!!! dsade seems to be the one man answer machine! always has the answer!!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LG's protein is produced in canada so no worries about chinese raws from us! Drink away bro!

xtgear

xtgear

Awards
after all this rumors I would like to see the brands showing some certified lab tests to their products , but I`ll just keep dreaming about that and trust their words:rofl:

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
after all this rumors I would like to see the brands showing some certified lab tests to their products , but I`ll just keep dreaming about that and trust their words:rofl:
you will get your wish with the new cGMP rule- they will not have a choice very soon...

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
you will get your wish with the new cGMP rule- they will not have a choice very soon...
THANK GOD, for our sake.
there's too many sh*t happening on the supp world:bow28:, mislabelled products, Chinese crap, bunk stuff and so on, man give me that gmp fast

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
just an update, my brother sent an email 2 days ago to bsn asking them from where they protein come from and if they had a certified lab test on their proteins, 2 days without answer...
bsn is over for me

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ivoa and ON which is ABB has not emailed me ether. Nor has GNC and whole foods.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established

You really should post the source of this info if it's copy/pasted.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Davis555

Awards
Wow some eye openning stuff! I use ON so will be waiting to see the results on that!

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow some eye openning stuff! I use ON so will be waiting to see the results on that!
ON is okay I guess. There was a certificate posted in one of the previous posts.

Now I'm wondering about Dymatize proteins.

xtgear

xtgear

Awards
ON is okay I guess. There was a certificate posted in one of the previous posts.

Now I'm wondering about Dymatize proteins.
reflex a uk brand made some tests on dymatize proteins and they said that their proteins don't mach what label claims, they didn't said if it was because of melamine or not but I`m off dymatize

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
reflex a uk brand made some tests on dymatize proteins and they said that their proteins don't mach what label claims, they didn't said if it was because of melamine or not but I`m off dymatize
Beneath is what the CEO of Dymatize did post on another board on May this year regarding this test.

I thought I might be able to shed some light on the subject here. This is all part of a smear campaign started by a guy in another country to hurt Dymatize. Nothing more. We filed a suit against him in Texas. After spending multiple 10's of thousands of dollars on legal fees, we learned the guy has no way of paying a suit he was going to loose (I would have to spend an additional $250k to follow through in England). So I decided to not follow through with the suit and not throw good money after bad. It was a tough decision, but I can not afford to blow $250k, for a moral victory.

Elite is and always has been a wonderful product. There is no truth in his false tests. His tests were nothing more then him filling a plastic bag with "something" and sending it to a lab and then saying it was Dymatize product. Which is exactly what he did according to the lab he sent the "dymatize product" to. He then decided to post his "results" on any web site anywhere on the world he could find. He even logs on to the web sites as random people in the thread and "prolongs" things. In addition, he faxed his "results" to just about every nutrition and health food store in England. After he did that 2x I decided I had to sue him.

Our plant (a 113,000 sq foot facility in Dallas) where we make Elite protein (in fact we make all our Dymatize powders XPand, gainers, cereal, oats, 12 hour etc. and liquids in this facility), is GMP certified by the NSF. I believe less then 2% of plants earn this designation. Our facility where we make all of our pills (we own that as well) is a fully licensed pharmaceutical plant in Florida. That is the highest license you can obtain. Both facilities are registered with the FDA and both receive FDA inspections.

This is a quick "day in the life" of how a raw material gets turned into a finished product: We test each raw material before blending in our own NIR-FT lab and our own on sight HPLC lab. Once each raw material passes both tests it is further tested in our own on sight microbiological lab. Only once it passes these tests is the product allowed into blending. Once blended, we take the product and run a chemical signature test and a live taste test. after that it is packaged on one of our 12 automated packaging lines. After if it package, we then take one more final chemical signature of each finished product before it is ever shipped. I can not think of any other company making protein who goes through all these "extra" steps to ensure the product is perfect every time. We do the same process on every product we make. We do the same process with Xpand and cereal, 12 hour all of our gainers and all of our pills (except the taste test). We test each and every raw ingredient for potency and purity right here on site in this building or the plant in Florida. We test through both NIR and HPLC methods. The amount of testing is staggering. We test and retest to make sure the product is as good as it can be, every time.

I would be happy to send each of you an email with more details on the manufacturing process of Elite if you like. I would have liked to tell you more about the lawsuit, but since the guy has "nothing to loose" he has already threatened suing me for "defamation" so I can not tell you any more. I will let you draw your own conclusion about him. As you can probably tell this entire affair has really made me angry, I think it would make anyone angry.

My lawyer will call me in a few hours to tell me I should not have posted this, but I thought you people at least deserved something from our perspective. I am very glad there are passionate users out there interested in this type of thing. I hope you don't take his "results" seriously, as they are nothing more then a mudslinging campaign.

Thanks for the continued support

Ted

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
screw the protein...........

almost all our "supplements" have raws coming from china.

steroids, pro-steroids, pro-hormones, test-boosters, fat burners, the whole nine yards........

this love/hate trade thing with china is getting out of hand.

friggin bastages, trying to kill us?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I think we should make a list/thread here strictly for answers or updates on people who email companies.

I was about to get Twinlab stuff because i always trusted them, but at $20.00 for their 2-2.5lbs (i forget) protein...i think ill wait...

But yes, we get tons of raws from china. I used Six Star awhile ago, yea i was desperate and broke...but it gave me the poops pretty bad, not solid either after about 1-2 weeks on it...hhhhmmmmm

EDIT: Cytosport anyone? I loves me my muscle milk

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Beneath is what the CEO of Dymatize did post on another board on May this year regarding this test.

I thought I might be able to shed some light on the subject here. This is all part of a smear campaign started by a guy in another country to hurt Dymatize. Nothing more. We filed a suit against him in Texas. After spending multiple 10's of thousands of dollars on legal fees, we learned the guy has no way of paying a suit he was going to loose (I would have to spend an additional $250k to follow through in England). So I decided to not follow through with the suit and not throw good money after bad. It was a tough decision, but I can not afford to blow $250k, for a moral victory.

Elite is and always has been a wonderful product. There is no truth in his false tests. His tests were nothing more then him filling a plastic bag with "something" and sending it to a lab and then saying it was Dymatize product. Which is exactly what he did according to the lab he sent the "dymatize product" to. He then decided to post his "results" on any web site anywhere on the world he could find. He even logs on to the web sites as random people in the thread and "prolongs" things. In addition, he faxed his "results" to just about every nutrition and health food store in England. After he did that 2x I decided I had to sue him.

Our plant (a 113,000 sq foot facility in Dallas) where we make Elite protein (in fact we make all our Dymatize powders XPand, gainers, cereal, oats, 12 hour etc. and liquids in this facility), is GMP certified by the NSF. I believe less then 2% of plants earn this designation. Our facility where we make all of our pills (we own that as well) is a fully licensed pharmaceutical plant in Florida. That is the highest license you can obtain. Both facilities are registered with the FDA and both receive FDA inspections.

This is a quick "day in the life" of how a raw material gets turned into a finished product: We test each raw material before blending in our own NIR-FT lab and our own on sight HPLC lab. Once each raw material passes both tests it is further tested in our own on sight microbiological lab. Only once it passes these tests is the product allowed into blending. Once blended, we take the product and run a chemical signature test and a live taste test. after that it is packaged on one of our 12 automated packaging lines. After if it package, we then take one more final chemical signature of each finished product before it is ever shipped. I can not think of any other company making protein who goes through all these "extra" steps to ensure the product is perfect every time. We do the same process on every product we make. We do the same process with Xpand and cereal, 12 hour all of our gainers and all of our pills (except the taste test). We test each and every raw ingredient for potency and purity right here on site in this building or the plant in Florida. We test through both NIR and HPLC methods. The amount of testing is staggering. We test and retest to make sure the product is as good as it can be, every time.

I would be happy to send each of you an email with more details on the manufacturing process of Elite if you like. I would have liked to tell you more about the lawsuit, but since the guy has "nothing to loose" he has already threatened suing me for "defamation" so I can not tell you any more. I will let you draw your own conclusion about him. As you can probably tell this entire affair has really made me angry, I think it would make anyone angry.

My lawyer will call me in a few hours to tell me I should not have posted this, but I thought you people at least deserved something from our perspective. I am very glad there are passionate users out there interested in this type of thing. I hope you don't take his "results" seriously, as they are nothing more then a mudslinging campaign.

Ted
ok, dymatize off the black list.
I made an e-mail to bsn and est , bsn no answer and est said this:

protein isn’t form China, nor is it contaminated. EST would challenge anyone to produce such a thing. We stand behind our brand & all purity (s)….

Let us know however we can be of help…………..

Best-

well I ask them for a lab test but no cigar, so just believe it or leave it

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
True Protein said their protein is mostly from the USA. Check their forums on their own website for the thread.

Vegking

Awards

Ted
That is terrible what that person did. I will try and support your products.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Not to be a dikc to nutra because i onyl buy from them anyway, but the CoA for Creatine mono im about to buy says Origin: China
Im still buying it though.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established

Ted
I find it hard to believe that one undisclosed individual in an undisclosed country is responsible for a smear campaign against a supplement company in the USA.

If the company has the cash to spend on a lawyer to pursue someone in another country not subject to US law, it should have the cash to just send a sample to several independent labs for analysis, and then to post the results. Just seems kind of fishy.

Unless it's a competitor breaking some sort of free trade agreement, but what are the chances of that?

noobster

noobster

Awards
I find it hard to believe that one undisclosed individual in an undisclosed country is responsible for a smear campaign against a supplement company in the USA.

If the company has the cash to spend on a lawyer to pursue someone in another country not subject to US law, it should have the cash to just send a sample to several independent labs for analysis, and then to post the results. Just seems kind of fishy.

Unless it's a competitor breaking some sort of free trade agreement, but what are the chances of that?
Agreed, the whole lawsuit looks like a PR action. Filing a lawsuit in Texas against a UK company with no ties whatsoever in Tx is futile (lack of personal jurisdiction) and they knew it.

It wasn't against an individual btw, the UK company is called Reflex Nutrition.
Link: Dymatize Enterprises Inc v. Reflex Nutrition Limited et al - 3:2007cv00907 - Justia Federal District Court Filings and Dockets

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
2 weeks passed and still no bsn answer, after the scandal with their creatine products now this, man what a shitty costumer service, I don't trust this guys not even a little bit.
BYE BYE BSN:FUfinger:

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I think we should make a list/thread here strictly for answers or updates on people who email companies.

I was about to get Twinlab stuff because i always trusted them, but at $20.00 for their 2-2.5lbs (i forget) protein...i think ill wait...

But yes, we get tons of raws from china. I used Six Star awhile ago, yea i was desperate and broke...but it gave me the poops pretty bad, not solid either after about 1-2 weeks on it...hhhhmmmmm

EDIT: Cytosport anyone? I loves me my muscle milk
EST answered me saying their protein is made in USA but they have no lab test on their purity, I would be amazed if they had...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
so ABB never emailed me back which makes the drinks and is sold at 24 hour fitness and there ON product to would be the same. I will take them off my buy list.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
so ABB never emailed me back which makes the drinks and is sold at 24 hour fitness and there ON product to would be the same. I will take them off my buy list.
hey dj , seems like you don't have many friends around here bro, do you want to tell whats going on?

Sion

Sion

Awards
2 weeks passed and still no bsn answer, after the scandal with their creatine products now this, man what a shitty costumer service, I don't trust this guys not even a little bit.
BYE BYE BSN:FUfinger:
i dont trust BSN either didn t answer to my mail so ill just go to other company

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I emailed EAS, a division of Abbott Pharmaceuticals, from who I purchase my protein from at a wholesaler ($33/6lbs :head:). They assured me that nothing comes from China, and that all of their raws are tested before each batch. I would imagine that any reputable company would do the same.

Sion

Sion

Awards
I would imagine that any reputable company would do the same.[/QUOTE]
i would like to believe it too but im not sure so wont risk it

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hey dj , seems like you don't have many friends around here bro, do you want to tell whats going on?
HUH?

All I said is I contacted ABB who also makes ON and they never got back to me.