Vitamins

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.65%

Vitamins

What vitamins are good for building muscle an protien uptake. Our just good for working out period?

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.14%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    What vitamins are good for building muscle an protien uptake. Our just good for working out period?
    Certain vitamins can help enhance the absorption of certain nutrients, but do not "build muscle", per se. As long as you're meeting the RDI/AI (or, if training heavily, on the higher end of the recommended daily dosages) for each vitamin/mineral, then you should be fine re health.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.31%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Digestive Enzymes can help you get more nutrients out of food if your body is deficient, and also to deal with the increase in protein.
    Vitamins are only needed if your diet is sub-standard, however it is a good insurance option for only $0.25/day. I would suggest you up your Vit D intake to 2000 IU's, especially if you live far from the equator. CoQ10 (Pref. Idebenone) is also worth adding.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.87%

I heard Anabolic Vitakic by Muscletech helped force massive amounts of muscle on Jay Cutler in a matter of weeks.
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I love my vitamins.

I recommend:
    Orange TRIad
    or Ecogreen
  6. True74Seneca

Animal Pak is king. Orange TRIad is also very very good.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.85%

MVP365 has been my favorite Multi yet, the profile is great and I really notice the difference in my day when I take it.
  8. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by AGGR3S10N View Post
    MVP365 has been my favorite Multi yet, the profile is great and I really notice the difference in my day when I take it.
    Couldn't agree more buddy...I have enjoyed a few others along the way as well...but i've never FELT a difference like I do with Mvp365
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Certain vitamins can help enhance the absorption of certain nutrients, but do not "build muscle", per se. As long as you're meeting the RDI/AI (or, if training heavily, on the higher end of the recommended daily dosages) for each vitamin/mineral, then you should be fine re health.
    Quite the contrary. The RDA is for NORMAL people, not athletes. Even the "higher end" as you put it.

Did you know that "The synthesis of ATP by intact respiring mitochondria requires the presence of oxygen, magnesium, substrate, ADP and inorganic phosphate."

"Significant increases in urinary excretion of Mg were observed on the day of exercise (131.5 +/- 6.8 mg/day) compared with control days (108 +/- 6.6 mg/day), with the percent increase correlating with postexercise blood lactate concentration (r = 0.68; P less than 0.01) and oxygen consumption during recovery (r = 0.84; P less than 0.001)." This is due to the stress response cause by anaerobic exercise.

And most americans aren't consuming nearly enough in the first place, even athletes:
    "The latest government study shows a staggering 68% of Americans do not consume the recommended daily intake of magnesium. Even more frightening are data from this study showing that 19% of Americans do not consume even half of the government’s recommended daily intake of magnesium."
  10. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by john99a View Post
    And most americans aren't consuming nearly enough in the first place, even athletes:
    "The latest government study shows a staggering 68% of Americans do not consume the recommended daily intake of magnesium. Even more frightening are data from this study showing that 19% of Americans do not consume even half of the government’s recommended daily intake of magnesium."
    They would be if they were supplementing with ZMK and a proper diet
    www.millenniumsport.net
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.67%

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    They would be if they were supplementing with ZMK and a proper diet
    Yeah. Thats why I supplement with a highly absorbable form of magnesium as well. It's funny though, you'd be surprised how little magnesium you get even through a "proper" diet. Especially if you consider all the factors that influence magnesium absorption and excretion.
  12. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Yeah. Thats why I supplement with a highly absorbable form of magnesium as well. It's funny though, you'd be surprised how little magnesium you get even through a "proper" diet. Especially if you consider all the factors that influence magnesium absorption and excretion.
    yes well a lot of the problem that people face without even realizing it, is that they are consuming the majority of their magnesium at the same time as their calcium...which i'm sure as you know, dramatically will effect the total intake of either.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.67%

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    yes well a lot of the problem that people face without even realizing it, is that they are consuming the majority of their magnesium at the same time as their calcium...which i'm sure as you know, dramatically will effect the total intake of either.
    Exactly. High blood calcium increases urinary magnesium excretion. And I'm pretty sure I've read some studies that state they also compete for mineral transport in the small intestine.

And another thing many athletes probably didn't know, caffeine's affect on urinary magnesium (and other mineral) excretion:

Abstract: Following a minimum 10-hour fast, urine samples from 12 female college student volunteers were analyzed at 1,2,and 3 hours for Ca-, Mg-, Na-, and K-levels after drinking non-caffeinated or caffeinated test beverages (decaffeinated coffee or tea containing 0,150, or 300 mg of added caffeine). The 3-hour urinary excretion of Ca Mg, and Na but not K significantly increased after caffeine consumption. Total urine volume correlated significantly with caffeine intake per kilogram of body weight when 300 mg of caffeine were consumed, while the effects of caffeine on mineral excretions were attributed to urinary concentration changes and increased urine volume at 1 and 2 hour urine samplings. Thee possible reasons for these observed effects are discussed. (wz).
  14. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.14%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quite the contrary. The RDA is for NORMAL people, not athletes. Even the "higher end" as you put it...
    I am well aware that athletes (and I mean SERIOUS athletes; not just someone who goes to the gym a few times a week and thinks they train hard) need higher than the average population, due to their body's needs. However there IS an upper limit on certain vitamins/minerals for safety reasons, even for athletes and those involved in heavy exercise.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    I am well aware that athletes (and I mean SERIOUS athletes; not just someone who goes to the gym a few times a week and thinks they train hard) need higher than the average population, due to their body's needs. However there IS an upper limit on certain vitamins/minerals for safety reasons, even for athletes and those involved in heavy exercise.
    A few hard training sessions a week is more than enough for most people to start going into a negative magnesium balance. Especially with the high amount of stressors that we are subjected to today, that we weren't in our evolutionary past.

Then add the fact that an exceedingly large part of the westernized diet consists of refined foods and you create an environment in your body that isn't suitable for magnesium retention. Such as excessive carbohydrates. Our biology isn't optimized for a high carbohydrate intake. Which is the reason the western society has had increased rates of morbidity as our carbohydrate intake has increased.

Then add to that the phytic acid found in many plants and seeds, such as grains most of us eat today. Phytic acid binds to minerals in the gastrointestinal tract and prevent them from being absorbed. Which then causes us to lose even more of the precious magnesium, which we do not get enough of in the first place, through feces. This may be partially avoidable if the foods are cooked enough, but consequently the destruction of other vitamins in inevitable.

Magnesium deficiency has been linked to many of the diseases of the present. Both physical and psychological.

A list of conditions linked to magnesium deficiency:

Allergies, Chemical Sensitivities
    Anxiety, Depression and other Psychiatric Disorders
    Aorta Strength
    Asthma
    Attention Deficit Disorder
    Calcification of Soft Tissue Including Heart Valve
    Diabetes
    Fibromyalgia
    Hearing Loss
    Hypercalciuria
    Keratoconus