chrysin ?

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
i have read a few studies on chrysin , and was wondering if anyone has used it , and actully had good results with it. none of the studies i read were too kind to chrysin ,but i still see it in all kinds of formulas. it is even in the new aspire 36. if it is so useless why do so many companies use it ?

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
It is not readily absorbed, but with added Bioperine it was much better : )

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i have read a few studies on chrysin , and was wondering if anyone has used it , and actully had good results with it. none of the studies i read were too kind to chrysin ,but i still see it in all kinds of formulas. it is even in the new aspire 36. if it is so useless why do so many companies use it ?
short answer?

Chrysin IS reasonably effective, just grossly underdosed in most commercial products- companies need to make their margins, and a feasible dose of this product is not cheap...

Plus, like the gentleman stated above, it does have some bioavailiability issues- but using it with Bioperine or including it in an oil-based medium so it can penetrate the lymphatic system should help absorption quite a bit....

I made a post about the Supplement Triangle of Death somewhere around here- this product def. falls into that category

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
it is much better at lowering estrogen when bioperin is added? i have read that it can not compete with the aromitaze enzme in the body ,and that the only studies saying it could were in vitro. what has it done for you ,and what about its supposed ability to downgrade thyroid production?

Manchester

Manchester

Awards
Chrysin is a complete waste of money. There are countless other anti-estrogens out there that are known to inhibit aromatase in vivo. All of the strong supportive evidence of this inhibition with chrysin is in vitro. High doses and the addition of bioperine may increase its efficacy, but it would likely be much more cost effective to just select another aromatase inhibitor that is known to work in vivo.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
short answer?

Chrysin IS reasonably effective, just grossly underdosed in most commercial products- companies need to make their margins, and a feasible dose of this product is not cheap...

Plus, like the gentleman stated above, it does have some bioavailiability issues- but using it with Bioperine or including it in an oil-based medium so it can penetrate the lymphatic system should help absorption quite a bit....

I made a post about the Supplement Triangle of Death somewhere around here- this product def. falls into that category
It is not as effective as other things on the market, or cost-effective at the correct dose- but I have mega-dosed it (3.5 grams per day) and gotten some decent results when I took it with Bioperine- but there are some better things out there, I agree

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
3.5 grams a day man thats crazy. what results did you get from that?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I think it would work in high doses. As stated above the absorbtion of it is poor, and the feedback I've heard isn't all that great.

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
so you think if i take say 6 grams it would work great. almost as well as atd at 25 mgs? what about chrysin transdermals maybe absorb better? i think i am going to give it a try at 1600 mgs and see how it goes. i will keep you posted

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
so you think if i take say 6 grams it would work great. almost as well as atd at 25 mgs? what about chrysin transdermals maybe absorb better? i think i am going to give it a try at 1600 mgs and see how it goes. i will keep you posted
Dunno about the transdermal. I think ATD would be much stronger.