chrysin ?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.93%

chrysin ?

i have read a few studies on chrysin , and was wondering if anyone has used it , and actully had good results with it. none of the studies i read were too kind to chrysin ,but i still see it in all kinds of formulas. it is even in the new aspire 36. if it is so useless why do so many companies use it ?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.72%

It is not readily absorbed, but with added Bioperine it was much better : )
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 12STEP View Post
    i have read a few studies on chrysin , and was wondering if anyone has used it , and actully had good results with it. none of the studies i read were too kind to chrysin ,but i still see it in all kinds of formulas. it is even in the new aspire 36. if it is so useless why do so many companies use it ?
    short answer?

Chrysin IS reasonably effective, just grossly underdosed in most commercial products- companies need to make their margins, and a feasible dose of this product is not cheap...

Plus, like the gentleman stated above, it does have some bioavailiability issues- but using it with Bioperine or including it in an oil-based medium so it can penetrate the lymphatic system should help absorption quite a bit....

I made a post about the Supplement Triangle of Death somewhere around here- this product def. falls into that category
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.93%

it is much better at lowering estrogen when bioperin is added? i have read that it can not compete with the aromitaze enzme in the body ,and that the only studies saying it could were in vitro. what has it done for you ,and what about its supposed ability to downgrade thyroid production?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.64%

Chrysin is a complete waste of money. There are countless other anti-estrogens out there that are known to inhibit aromatase in vivo. All of the strong supportive evidence of this inhibition with chrysin is in vitro. High doses and the addition of bioperine may increase its efficacy, but it would likely be much more cost effective to just select another aromatase inhibitor that is known to work in vivo.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    short answer?

Chrysin IS reasonably effective, just grossly underdosed in most commercial products- companies need to make their margins, and a feasible dose of this product is not cheap...

Plus, like the gentleman stated above, it does have some bioavailiability issues- but using it with Bioperine or including it in an oil-based medium so it can penetrate the lymphatic system should help absorption quite a bit....

I made a post about the Supplement Triangle of Death somewhere around here- this product def. falls into that category
    It is not as effective as other things on the market, or cost-effective at the correct dose- but I have mega-dosed it (3.5 grams per day) and gotten some decent results when I took it with Bioperine- but there are some better things out there, I agree
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.93%

3.5 grams a day man thats crazy. what results did you get from that?
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I think it would work in high doses. As stated above the absorbtion of it is poor, and the feedback I've heard isn't all that great.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.93%

so you think if i take say 6 grams it would work great. almost as well as atd at 25 mgs? what about chrysin transdermals maybe absorb better? i think i am going to give it a try at 1600 mgs and see how it goes. i will keep you posted
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by 12STEP View Post
    so you think if i take say 6 grams it would work great. almost as well as atd at 25 mgs? what about chrysin transdermals maybe absorb better? i think i am going to give it a try at 1600 mgs and see how it goes. i will keep you posted
    Dunno about the transdermal. I think ATD would be much stronger.

Similar Forum Threads

1. CHRYSIN OR ANDROSTENETRIONE???
    By magdielgte in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM
  2. chrysin while on cycle
    By mister ibn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 11:35 AM
  3. Chrysin
    By Shorinryu in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2