Creatines?

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Well time for a new stack, browsing through NP saw the amazing deal for the CEE 4.50-wow.

However, i'm not too sure if I respond to it because i had tried it in "cellmass" pft long ago and it didnt do ****..so are there some people out there that just flat out cEE does nothing?

Mono always works for me I know, I just got done with neovar recomped which is strictly mono i believe, I wonder if just straight up mono would do just the same as neovar, or is there time release issues?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
straight mono works greata for me, but I dose it kind of funny: 20g for three days in a row each week.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
here's a good summary of the differnt forms of creatine...

Creatine Monohydrate.

Creatine monohydrate was the first creatine supplement available and is still the least expensive form of creatine. Some possible side effects of creatine supplementation are cramps, diarrhea and bloating, although very few people experience and discomfort at all. This is usually caused by forms of creatine that have not been ground into a fine enough powder. Almost all brands of creatine monohydrate on the shelves today is micronized creatine, which is an easily mixed fine powder. If you decide to stick with creatine monohydrate, be sure that it is the micronized version. This is the type of creatine that I use and it works great for me, and it is cheap!

Creatine Anhydrous.

Creatine anhydrous is simply creatine with the water molecule removed. This makes the creatine powder slightly more pure, but this is a minor advantage. Creatine monohydrate and creatine anhydrous are more or less equal.

Creatine Citrate.

Creatine Citrate became available almost immediately following creatine monohydrate's popularity. The creatine citrate product is created by binding creatine molecules and citric acid molecules. Citric acid is used for energy production, and the theory is that when taken with creatine, the combination would provide more muscle energy than creatine taken by itself. Unfortunately this has yet to be proven in the lab. Creatine citrate, when compared serving for serving, supplies, about 40% less creatine than the monohydrate form, but it may dissolve more easily in water.

Creatine Phosphate

Creatine phosphate also popped up soon after creatine monohydrate first hit the supplement market. This formulation of creatine is a creatine molecule that is already bound to a phosphate molecule. The bonding of these two molecules normally takes place inside the muscle cell and is something that must take place an order for creatine to be effective at all. Creatine Phosphate was extremely well received when it first hit the market. However, most bodybuilders found out that it was somewhat less effective than creatine monohydrate.

Creatine Malate

Creatine malate is one of the newest forms of creatine. It is created by binding creatine and malic acid. Malic acid as well as citric acid, is an intermediate component of the Krebs cycle, which is the metabolic pathway that creates aerobic energy inside the muscle. This means that malic acid is important for energy creation which is believed to make creatine malate more potent than creatine monohydrate. Creatine malate also dissolves easily in water and creates less stomach discomfort. The benefits of creatine malate are somewhat in question at this time as few studies have been done on it.

Creatine Ester.

Creatine Ester is one of the more recent formulations of creatine, and is technically known as creatine ester ethyl hydrochloride. This creatine formulation is an acid mixed together with an alcohol, created in the lab at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. The theory behind this formulation is that it will allow the creatine to permeate cell membranes more easily in the intestines and muscle cells. This should allow the creatine to be absorbed and taken into muscle cells much more quickly than the other forms of creatine.

Effervescent Creatine.

This creatine formulation has been around almost as long as monohydrate and when mixed with water, creaqtes a fizz. The formulation is usually a creatine citrate or creatine monohydrate mix together with bicarbonate and citric acid, which causes the effervescent effect to separate the carrier from the creatine. The creatine left over can dissolve more easily in water, and is prevented from being destroyed by stomach acid and may be better absorbed in the intestinal tract. Some studies have confirmed that this type of creatine does indeed remain stable in water much longer than creatine monohydrate does. This would be a good formulation of creatine to use if you plan on mixing it several hours before you drink it.

Magnesium Creatine.

This is a form of creatine that is bound to a magnesium molecule. This protects the creatine from stomach acid and allows it to be absorbed more easily. Magnesium must be present in order for creatine phosphate to be converted into ATP, which is what creates energy in the muscle. At least one study has shown that this form of creatine causes the muscle to take in more fluid and creates greater strength than taking creatine and magnesium separately. If you're looking two use this type of creatine, you're better off buying the actual combination, rather than just adding magnesium as a separate supplement.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
magnesium creatine chelate is good for me.

i was on green mag, but when i ran out, i went with straight mag cre chelate- pill form.

i've also responded well to creatine-glycerol-phosphate

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Thanks hank!

I knmow alot of companys combine creatines, would it be alright If lets say to take 10gs of creatine a day, could I do 5 ester, 5 mono?

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Actually, its cheap enough to stack Ester, mono, and dicreatine malate

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Actually, its cheap enough to stack Ester, mono, and dicreatine malate
it is cheap.
although if you are going for a blend, it is sometimes easier to purchase an already mixed product out of pure convenience.
there are people who mix bulk creatines but i'd say majority just find the version that works best for them and uses it exclusivly.

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Yeah see i'm sort of OCD when it comes to stuff like this, if i were to do 15g a day 5/dimalate/ester/mono i'd be worried one isnt working and i could be having more of th eone that is working haha.

You know any good creatines on NP that have a good mixed blend Hank?

thanks negro

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Universal Storm is a great product with a good price tag.