Just saw Bigger, Stronger, Faster....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Just saw Bigger, Stronger, Faster....


    WOW! what a movie! i think this should be part of a high school education.

    what did you guys think of it?


    Thanks
    GJJ


  2. Yeah excellent movie. I just saw it today as well on megaupload i believe was the site.

    Lots of research was done and the interviews were fantastic. I learned quite a bit from it.

    I thought he worded his questions perfectly so as not to seem biased and thus put lots of people in tight spots trying to answer his questions.

  3. yea it was a great movie. at first you think it support steroids, but the bottom line is it doesn't. it actually goes deeper and tries to find out why and I really liked that theme.

    sucks cuz in the preview there was an interview with jay cutler, but that didn't make the movie apparently.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by pinchharmonic View Post
    yea it was a great movie. at first you think it support steroids, but the bottom line is it doesn't. it actually goes deeper and tries to find out why and I really liked that theme.

    sucks cuz in the preview there was an interview with jay cutler, but that didn't make the movie apparently.

    he is in the deleted cuts.

    I really got from it that the government and the media demonize steroids and that there are a lot of educated people out there that feel they are okay. They educate peopel that yes there are side effects, but they can be avoided if you educate yourself and are safe about things. The other thing i loved is they show how sup companies can really **** people over by selling people nothing but flower.

    -GJJ

  5. Quote Originally Posted by crzyyoungn View Post
    Yeah excellent movie. I just saw it today as well on megaupload i believe was the site.

    Lots of research was done and the interviews were fantastic. I learned quite a bit from it.

    I thought he worded his questions perfectly so as not to seem biased and thus put lots of people in tight spots trying to answer his questions.

    true, he really did show both sides!

    -GJJ

  6. Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    true, he really did show both sides!

    -GJJ
    Do any of you have the link for it? It showed in Charlotte- but in some theatre way on the other side of town, and only for two nights...sucks cuz I really wanted to take a look
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  7. you know, the vibe i got from Bigger, Stonger, Faster was "why do we care who uses steroids?"

    it wasn't a movie for it, it wasn't a movie against it. it simply said that the people that demonize it have no idea what they're talking about, and why should we let idiots decide what makes sense? i like the senator in it who didn't even know the age for drinking alcohol. yes, he's a sharp one who obviously has a clue.....

  8. thanks fo rthe reminder. ill download it tonight.....right after i download the latest Entourage episode

  9. The movie just made me want to take more steriods

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Essay226 View Post
    The movie just made me want to take more steriods
    Likewise

  11. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Do any of you have the link for it? It showed in Charlotte- but in some theatre way on the other side of town, and only for two nights...sucks cuz I really wanted to take a look

    let me c if i can find a link to it, I watched it on dvd through netflix.

    Thanks
    GJJ

  12. I watched this video back in August I believe, it was incredible. It was great to see how he was against taking steroids himself but did not think people who do take them as being cheaters, monsters, or liars.

    It really helped to lift the veil of taboo around the subject. It's a documentary that I would recommend to anybody, especially the witch hunters out there who think that steroids are evil (and who think that creatine is a steroid.)
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    you know, the vibe i got from Bigger, Stonger, Faster was "why do we care who uses steroids?"

    it wasn't a movie for it, it wasn't a movie against it. it simply said that the people that demonize it have no idea what they're talking about, and why should we let idiots decide what makes sense? i like the senator in it who didn't even know the age for drinking alcohol. yes, he's a sharp one who obviously has a clue.....
    I agree to a point.

    Thanks
    GJJ

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    thanks fo rthe reminder. ill download it tonight.....right after i download the latest Entourage episode

    do it son!

    -GJJ victory!!!!


  15. nice!

    Thanks
    -GJJ

  16. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I watched this video back in August I believe, it was incredible. It was great to see how he was against taking steroids himself but did not think people who do take them as being cheaters, monsters, or liars.

    It really helped to lift the veil of taboo around the subject. It's a documentary that I would recommend to anybody, especially the witch hunters out there who think that steroids are evil (and who think that creatine is a steroid.)

    You hit the nail on the head!

    Thanks
    GJJ

  17. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post

    there you go RMS80

  18. thx guys!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  19. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I watched this video back in August I believe, it was incredible. It was great to see how he was against taking steroids himself but did not think people who do take them as being cheaters, monsters, or liars.

    It really helped to lift the veil of taboo around the subject. It's a documentary that I would recommend to anybody, especially the witch hunters out there who think that steroids are evil (and who think that creatine is a steroid.)
    word

  20. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    thx guys!!

    np!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    he is in the deleted cuts.

    I really got from it that the government and the media demonize steroids and that there are a lot of educated people out there that feel they are okay. They educate peopel that yes there are side effects, but they can be avoided if you educate yourself and are safe about things. The other thing i loved is they show how sup companies can really **** people over by selling people nothing but flower.

    -GJJ

    Exactly why supplement companies should do double blinded placebo controlled studies on there product in order to sell it not just saying based on published studies or based on science. Since its not mandatory companies won't because I guarantee you if they did have to do such clinical trials there product would ether fall short on the claim, have a placebo effect via blood work, or show to not be safe or what is on the label is not 100% in the product and to go further what is in the product does not absorb due to ratios etc.

  22. is this on dvd yet?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by wrkn4bigrmusles View Post
    is this on dvd yet?
    its been out for about a month. lol

  24. Quote Originally Posted by wrkn4bigrmusles View Post
    is this on dvd yet?

    yep, you can get it almost anywhere! go get it son!

    Thanks
    GJJ

  25. i found it on amazon, may have to get pumpin iron with arnold
  26. IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post

    nice find bro!

    Its very true what he says about the sport not being accepted because of the roids, but what about other sports then? why are baseball and football and other mainstream sports accepted even though we all know juice is being used?! so hypocritical!!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    nice find bro!

    Its very true what he says about the sport not being accepted because of the roids, but what about other sports then? why are baseball and football and other mainstream sports accepted even though we all know juice is being used?! so hypocritical!!
    its reasonable doubt. its possible that the line backer doesn't use it.

    in this sport, on the olympia level, there's no doubt in anyone's mind.

    its really a pitty, because in BSF, he makes a good point in that most competitive professions use something to keep them going. and it hits home - the suburban housewife and the growing oxycontin debacle. now we're seeing police officers not only on steroids, but some on the oxy's as well - keeps them going longer so they can get overtime. bottom line is that anyone who competes at any level uses something that the "average joe" does not. steroids unfortunately are a "concern for the youth", so the media demonizes them. and i agree to the point that young people shouldn't take them. but young kids shouldn't be taking ANYTHING - that includes percocets that they hand out like candy for wisdom teeth removal.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by pinchharmonic View Post
    yea it was a great movie. at first you think it support steroids, but the bottom line is it doesn't. it actually goes deeper and tries to find out why and I really liked that theme.

    sucks cuz in the preview there was an interview with jay cutler, but that didn't make the movie apparently.

    I think it was totally pro steroid.....basically everyone on there, from coaches to doctors said that there was no proof that they were bad.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    its reasonable doubt. its possible that the line backer doesn't use it.

    in this sport, on the olympia level, there's no doubt in anyone's mind.

    its really a pitty, because in BSF, he makes a good point in that most competitive professions use something to keep them going. and it hits home - the suburban housewife and the growing oxycontin debacle. now we're seeing police officers not only on steroids, but some on the oxy's as well - keeps them going longer so they can get overtime. bottom line is that anyone who competes at any level uses something that the "average joe" does not. steroids unfortunately are a "concern for the youth", so the media demonizes them. and i agree to the point that young people shouldn't take them. but young kids shouldn't be taking ANYTHING - that includes percocets that they hand out like candy for wisdom teeth removal.

    very true! I feel you on the police, we had a few of those come out in the last 2 years.

    -GJJ

  31. Quote Originally Posted by truckdaddy View Post
    I think it was totally pro steroid.....basically everyone on there, from coaches to doctors said that there was no proof that they were bad.
    they even ask scientists who study them, and they said there is no proof. It seems like their is only one guy that is holding everything back!

    -GJJ

  32. Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    WOW! what a movie! i think this should be part of a high school education.


    lol it is for us

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Brad2131 View Post
    lol it is for us

    really! where r u from?

    -GJJ

  34. I saw this movie and here is what I think

    -I think Dr gary Wadler is a moron

    -I think Don Hooton and his anti steroid crusade is an absolute joke

    -I think it's also very disturbing how easily that guy was able to make his own supplement.

    -I find it even more disturbing that Henry Waxman, who called the steroids hearing didn't know what the legality of steroids even were when he was asked, nor was he able to recall what the legal drinking age was

  35. Quote Originally Posted by sp447 View Post
    -I think Don Hooton and his anti steroid crusade is an absolute joke
    Agreed on this point. He definitely jumped to a conclusion on that one. His son was on different meds for different problems and he automatically blames the steroids.
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!

  36. georgia

  37. that was an awesome movie.. received it in the mail yesterday and watched it that night. ima watch it tonight just because...

  38. Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    nice find bro!

    Its very true what he says about the sport not being accepted because of the roids, but what about other sports then? why are baseball and football and other mainstream sports accepted even though we all know juice is being used?! so hypocritical!!
    Im pretty certain that baseball and football are more accepted because they are more appealing to a much larger percentage of the population. Its not that bodybuilding is just less accepted because of the steroids, its that the majority of the world doesnt have any interest in it or the "freaks" that compete in it.

    A football game on TV = Entertaining prime time programing.

    A guy posing and flexing on TV = 2 am between infomercials at best.

  39. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mfQTiumsO4&feature=re lated"]YouTube - The Truth About Bodybuilding Supplements.[/ame]

    Who wants to start a supplement business with me ? j/k
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bigger, Stronger, Faster
    By cerezyn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM
  2. Bigger stronger faster
    By MTNMEDIC in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 09:10 PM
  3. Bigger Stronger Faster
    By fugative1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 10:32 AM
  4. bigger, faster, stronger dvd?
    By lennoxchi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
  5. Bigger, Stronger, Faster
    By sf9ersfan8 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Log in
Log in