Supplement Advice Please

Do Work

Awards
I am 19 and have consistently been working out for about 12 weeks now for the first time since highschool. I started out around 150-155lbs and I am 5'11". Now I have been fluxuating between 158-165. I have been using whey protien, and creatine monohydrate. I have been using the Body-for-Life workout routine- Reps 12,10,8,6,12. I am looking to reach 175lbs (not within any specific amount of time but the sooner the better lol). I have found that it is f***ing difficult to gain mass while trying to eat healthy and keep my body fat % low.

My question is, are there additional supplements that I first of all need, and second is there anything recommended for getting a more intense workout?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Sleep and rest in general, maybe you are using to many sets and reps, generally you will be what your genetics dictate. JMO

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
I am 19 and have consistently been working out for about 12 weeks now for the first time since highschool. I started out around 150-155lbs and I am 5'11". Now I have been fluxuating between 158-165. I have been using whey protien, and creatine monohydrate. I have been using the Body-for-Life workout routine- Reps 12,10,8,6,12. I am looking to reach 175lbs (not within any specific amount of time but the sooner the better lol). I have found that it is f***ing difficult to gain mass while trying to eat healthy and keep my body fat % low.

My question is, are there additional supplements that I first of all need, and second is there anything recommended for getting a more intense workout?
To tell you the truth bro all you really need is more food you should be taking in about 2gm of protein per lb of body weight, for gains. If you feel you need some more energy try some green tea. It works wonders. At 19 and at that weight I think you should stay clear of supps and just eat right and lift.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Sleep and rest in general, maybe you are using to many sets and reps, generally you will be what your genetics dictate. JMO
sounds good to me!:goodpost:

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Maxgolf is right stay away from supplements for as long as possible. Try changing your routine up, that will help a lot. It sucks but try and count your calories so you can have an idea of what your caloric intake is so its not too high or low. Good luck

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established

i see that your taking protien shakes though! but when you take it is an important factor. take just upon waking, after workout, and if possible before bed. your body will use the products full potential at these specific times! as far as trying to eat healthy right now,try to put that on the back burner for a while.theres no use trying to count calories when you need the most you can get FOR NOW! theres no need to worry,your still young and you can burn what ever fat you acummulate,like i said FOR NOW! GOOD LUCK!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah, you can get great gains at this stage without any "help'!

eat right and train hard!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As everyone else has said, no NEED for supplements at this stage, especially considering age and lack of training history.

The only other supplements that I would recommend you look into is a multivitamin and your good fats.

As for making workouts more intense, that's entirely something you can do withOUT supplements! Just push yourself harder. Change things up. Shock your body. Attempt what you think you can't.

Gaining lean muscle whilst staying lean IS hard, yes, but not impossible (you will ALWAYS gain a small amount of fat whilst attempting to build muscle; that's just the way it is, regardless of how good your diet is). Your diet has to be very carefully manipulated for this. Gains will come, in time; you just have to be prepared to stick at it and NOT expect them to happen quickly.

Good luck in achieving your goals. CONSISTENCY is the key. Get Diet and training and recovery sorted, and you're well on your way.

Do Work

Awards
thanks I'll just keep pushing myself and keep the calorie intake up as well as more protien. The hardest part for me is im not getting as fatiged as I did the first couple weeks so it feels like im not working out hard enough. I am liking the gains I've seen so far. Thanks for your help

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eat more.

That could be the response to 63% of the posts on AM.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
keep a log, it might suck to walk around the gym with a small notebook but trust me, it's worth it. right down what exercises you do and the weight used. then the next time you do that routine,(i.e. back, shoulders, chest) try on the last set to put more weight on, say 5 lbs. for iso movements and 10lbs. for compound moves. you might be surprised where you're going to be in just a couple of months.