Creatine

Fear

Fear

Awards
Hi, fairly new guy here. I have been working out completley natural (only supp has been whey protein) for about 2 years now, and have made some considerable gains. I feel as though I am slowing down on the muscle building process, so I was wondering what you guys think about one of the most popular supplements out there. I've tried researching it online, but every website seems biased. Also, I've heard mixed results from people, and heard that it can impair your liver function, which is something I really try to watch out for and the reason for staying natty up to now.

It would be nice to receive some concrete information about creatine from credible sources, I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
Hi, fairly new guy here. I have been working out completley natural (only supp has been whey protein) for about 2 years now, and have made some considerable gains. I feel as though I am slowing down on the muscle building process, so I was wondering what you guys think about one of the most popular supplements out there. I've tried researching it online, but every website seems biased. Also, I've heard mixed results from people, and heard that it can impair your liver function, which is something I really try to watch out for and the reason for staying natty up to now.

It would be nice to receive some concrete information about creatine from credible sources, I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks
creatine is probably the most highly studied supplement to date. if you want studies google it, you'll be up for awhile so tunr on the coffee pot. its track record should be credible enough and anything that been around for that long is set in stone so to speak. unless you have preexisting kidney/liver problems this is usually #2 next to protein powder for most people.

now picking one is the hard part. i say mono or akg...there is tons of threads on this btw...search and go to town

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There are so many effective forms of creatine to choose from. I would personally try a Bulk style creatine before choosing any type of creatine cocktail.

Some bulk forms to look into...
Creatine Ethyl Ester
Creatine Monohydrate
Dicreatine Malate
Magnesium Creatine Chelate

I would also consider throwing some bulk Beta-Alanine to the mix.

Once you find what style creatine you seem to like the best, then you can go on and advance to a premade up cocktail's like SMASH, NO-Shotgun, Clout, etc.

Good luck with your training.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established

not to see like a prick but since you've made a lot of progress have you began eating more? when you build more muscle your metabolism speeds up and your maintenance calories go up so you need to eat even more to make more gains.

as for you creatine question it's been out forever it's proven to work(for most people) and u can't go wrong with just plain ol bulk creatine mono, cheap and effective. if you don't like that i suggest controlled labs green mag, it's delicious

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
There are so many effective forms of creatine to choose from. I would personally try a Bulk style creatine before choosing any type of creatine cocktail.

Some bulk forms to look into...
Creatine Ethyl Ester
Creatine Monohydrate
Dicreatine Malate

I would also consider throwing some bulk Beta-Alanine to the mix.

Once you find what style creatine you seem to like the best, then you can go on and advance to a premade up cocktail's like SMASH, NO-Shotgun, Clout, etc.

Good luck with your training.
i say stay away from bulk CEE tastes like battery acid. only thing i found to kill the taste was grape juice

Fear

Fear

Awards
not to see like a prick but since you've made a lot of progress have you began eating more? when you build more muscle your metabolism speeds up and your maintenance calories go up so you need to eat even more to make more gains.

as for you creatine question it's been out forever it's proven to work(for most people) and u can't go wrong with just plain ol bulk creatine mono, cheap and effective. if you don't like that i suggest controlled labs green mag, it's delicious
I've been eating plenty, in fact I think I have been eating too much because I started storing more fat than I wanted, and now I am on a one month cut. In a few weeks I'm planning to go back to my regular lifestyle (not a bulk, but eating perhaps 500-700 extra calories then my body burns daily with tons of protein) and I want to have an effective way to gain lean mass without eating what I was eating before (probably over 1000 extra calories a day.)

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I've been eating plenty, in fact I think I have been eating too much because I started storing more fat than I wanted, and now I am on a one month cut. In a few weeks I'm planning to go back to my regular lifestyle (not a bulk, but eating perhaps 500-700 extra calories then my body burns daily with tons of protein) and I want to have an effective way to gain lean mass without eating what I was eating before (probably over 1000 extra calories a day.)
try the anabolic diet a lot of people seem to love it. if u can handle going completely without carbs for a while

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Check your bags and hang up your coat next to a brand new bottle of Cre-02 ;)

Many logs being run on it right now if you'd like to do some reading to see the results. Common effects so far are : strength increase, endurance increase, no water retention, oxygen increase, and a happy/giddy feeling.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Check your bags and hang up your coat next to a brand new bottle of Cre-02 ;)

Many logs being run on it right now if you'd like to do some reading to see the results. Common effects so far are : strength increase, endurance increase, no water retention, oxygen increase, and a happy/giddy feeling.
creatine is creatine. they only come out with new kinds so they can charge more money.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
creatine is creatine. they only come out with new kinds so they can charge more money.
a normal creatine product is absorbed in the stomach and partially destroyed by the acidity that is normal for any healthy stomach acids. Must have a carbohydrate source for delivery.

Cre-02 is enteric coated and is absorbed in the small intestine where it is much more readily available to be dispensed to the muscles. It needs absolutely no carbohydrates whatsoever for transport. it is enhanced with a quality strand of cordyceps so that your endurance and max v02 are raised dramatically. There is absolutely zero water retention and on each and every instance so far from logging, we have seen that it is actually resulting in a more leaner and muscular physique. It is also priced well for all that it does.

....creatine....is creatine?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
a normal creatine product is absorbed in the stomach and partially destroyed by the acidity that is normal for any healthy stomach acids. Must have a carbohydrate source for delivery.

Cre-02 is enteric coated and is absorbed in the small intestine where it is much more readily available to be dispensed to the muscles. It needs absolutely no carbohydrates whatsoever for transport. it is enhanced with a quality strand of cordyceps so that your endurance and max v02 are raised dramatically. There is absolutely zero water retention and on each and every instance so far from logging, we have seen that it is actually resulting in a more leaner and muscular physique. It is also priced well for all that it does.

....creatine....is creatine?
i can copy down the company advertisement for any product and say it's true too. i haven't seen one study to prove that other creatines work any more effectively than creatine monohydrate. if they worked so well regular mono wouldn't be made anymore because these vast improvements in creatine would have made it obsolete by now. and if so much creatine gets destroyed in the stomach why does it work for so many people. its all a way to just charge more for creatine to make the biggest dollar. i know it, u know it, and most poeple with common sense know it.

also for the carb source wouldn't u be taking ur creatine post workout anyway with your normal carbs you would take for post workout recovery?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
i can copy down the company advertisement for any product and say it's true too. i haven't seen one study to prove that other creatines work any more effectively than creatine monohydrate. if they worked so well regular mono wouldn't be made anymore because these vast improvements in creatine would have made it obsolete by now. and if so much creatine gets destroyed in the stomach why does it work for so many people. its all a way to just charge more for creatine to make the biggest dollar. i know it, u know it, and most poeple with common sense know it.

also for the carb source wouldn't u be taking ur creatine post workout anyway with your normal carbs you would take for post workout recovery?
Actually Cre-02 is taken 60-120 minutes pre-workout with no carb source whatsoever. It has it's own delivery mechanism that does not involve carbs at all.

I guess that there is no swaying someone who is a non believer so I will not beat your dead horse. If you'd like proof in consistancy...read any or all of the logs being run here or any other board and see if there is any discrepancy in the emotion all users are getting from it.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Actually Cre-02 is taken 60-120 minutes pre-workout with no carb source whatsoever. It has it's own delivery mechanism that does not involve carbs at all.

I guess that there is no swaying someone who is a non believer so I will not beat your dead horse. If you'd like proof in consistancy...read any or all of the logs being run here or any other board and see if there is any discrepancy in the emotion all users are getting from it.
u don't need a carb source for CEE, creatine magnesium chelate, or kre alkaline either. so right there thats a lie. hell u don't even need one for mono. u can take cinnulin PF with it like what is in cell mass. all i'm saying is i can show u studies and logs and anything u want that says cell-tech is amazing. and that's just mono and a but load of sugar.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
haha like I said....I have come to understand that some people are just not able to be won over. That's alright by me...and if your mono is working well for you, by all means go ahead and stick with it. I am here to offer my advice and assistance to anyone that is looking...sort of like the original poster..who is who I was speaking to.

For everyone who is looking for something new that will give them an edge over plain mono...there is Cre-02. For anyone that is faithful to their mono...have fun! :)

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
haha like I said....I have come to understand that some people are just not able to be won over. That's alright by me...and if your mono is working well for you, by all means go ahead and stick with it. I am here to offer my advice and assistance to anyone that is looking...sort of like the original poster..who is who I was speaking to.

For everyone who is looking for something new that will give them an edge over plain mono...there is Cre-02. For anyone that is faithful to their mono...have fun! :)
my mind can be changed, but i've tried every type of creatine and nothing is different... the only proof u have is the company description of what is going to happen. the only way to change a guys mind is to send him a free bottle:toofunny: haha j/k i might try it sometime in the future when my bulk mono runs out. i'll be lookin for logs about this stuff too. and thanks i enjoy a good argument once in a while

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well a lot of my personal results have mirrored the description i've given...plus like I have said, the logs are saying the same.

I hope you decide to give it a run...if you do, please keep in touch and let me know what you think.

Fear

Fear

Awards
Well a lot of my personal results have mirrored the description i've given...plus like I have said, the logs are saying the same.

I hope you decide to give it a run...if you do, please keep in touch and let me know what you think.
Will do, thanks for the input. When I end my cut in a few weeks I will probably go check some out. I don't plan to do that whole loading phase, and I'm probably only going to use less than half of what's recommended daily since I eat plenty of meat. Think that's good?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Will do, thanks for the input. When I end my cut in a few weeks I will probably go check some out. I don't plan to do that whole loading phase, and I'm probably only going to use less than half of what's recommended daily since I eat plenty of meat. Think that's good?
With Cre-02 there is no loading phase necessary at all...so we got that base covered right away :)

The recommended dosage is only 3 pills 60-120 mins before workout daily...so it's not really a large dose to work with anyway. I personally would try the recommended dosing first to see what you think for a week or two, and then cut it if you neel the need. With the advances in endurance, strength, and mood....you aren't going to want to cut dose ;). I start my 2nd bottle tomorrow!

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Not to cut down any company, but lately my opinion on buying supplements has been drastically changed. I bought a tub of ragnarok last year and loved it so dont make me out to be a hater, just someone who is confused at the moment.

90 EC-Tabs
Supplement Facts
Serving Size3 Enteric Coated Tabs
Servings Per Container30
Amount Per Serving % DV
CRE-XS (ATP Saturation Matrix) 2000mg †
Creatine Gluconate
Di-Sodium Creatine Phosphate
Tri-Creatine Malate
ATP-02 Catalyst 500mg †
GlycoNutrient Delivery-ATP & Oxygen Catalyst
Cordyceps Sinensis HEAA Hybrid
100% DNA Certified & Biomass Cultured Yielding Maximal Levels Of:
3-Deoxyadenosine (Cordycepin)
Adenosine
Ethyl-Adenosine
Hydroxyethyl-Adenosine
Polysaccharides
Adapt-02 Endurance Matrix 375mg †
Jiaogulan Extract
(Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Standardized To 95% Gypenosides)
Rhodiola Rosea Extract
(Standardized To 3% Rosavins & 1% Salidrosides)
Ciwujia Root Extract 4:1
Alpha Lipoic Acid 125mg

Those are the nutrition facts of cre02.
Treat me as if you want to convince me to buy cre02.
You only have 2 grams of creatine total per serving.
With a total of 4 creatines, thats roughly a half gram
of each creatine. Is that honestly sufficient?

As well with the atp catalyst; 500 mg divided by 5 ingredients is
100mg/ a tenth of a gram. Are these ingredients efficient at these small amounts?

And again, your endurance matrix.

Your ala seems sufficient with 125mg as its taken in doses of 100 to 300mg.

Wouldnt i be better off buying bulk
Creatine Gluconate
Tri-Creatine Malate
and taking 2 grams of each per serving?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Those are the nutrition facts of cre02.
Treat me as if you want to convince me to buy cre02.
You only have 2 grams of creatine total per serving.
With a total of 4 creatines, thats roughly a half gram
of each creatine. Is that honestly sufficient?

As well with the atp catalyst; 500 mg divided by 5 ingredients is
100mg/ a tenth of a gram. Are these ingredients efficient at these small amounts?

And again, your endurance matrix.

Your ala seems sufficient with 125mg as its taken in doses of 100 to 300mg.

Wouldnt i be better off buying bulk
Creatine Gluconate
Tri-Creatine Malate
and taking 2 grams of each per serving?
If you can manage to find a way to get all your bulk powders into an enteric coated pill....sure ;)

The reason lower doses can be so effective with this product is being with an enteric coated pill, the whole product is taken directly passed your stomach (the acids are not strong enough to break the pill down) into your small intestine with the acids are stronger and then dispersed from there. Everything is 2x-10x stronger when being absorbed from the small intestine than the stomach...which is why the blend is so low. It is also why there is zero water retention and many people have experienced leaning out WHILE adding muscle on Cre-02. That ALA you just spoke of that was an okay amount....is a huge amount when processed in the small intestine over the stomach.

Anything else you need to know, please feel free to ask.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
ok, makes sense.
Now for the obvious..
Is there any proof this pill is not broken down by the stomach?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
There are a vast deal of studies at your fingertips for review on Enteric coating if you have the time to research. It has been used for quite some time now even with things like a rapid formula style of aspirin or pain relief. very effective.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
ok, ill do that. Thanks for the answers.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
There are a vast deal of studies at your fingertips for review on Enteric coating if you have the time to research. It has been used for quite some time now even with things like a rapid formula style of aspirin or pain relief. very effective.
i wrote something and realized it was already answered and i can't find a way to delete this soooooo this is my message now

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
creatine, if there went already probally threads on this from the late 1990's