Whats the difference between L-Dopa and 1-carboxy?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
as the title says. im a little behind on OTC supps.

what is the difference?

ekdevil

Awards
^so really the bulk ldopa 15%=bulk carboxy?cool

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed for future reference... good question :thumbsup:

chim_chim

Awards
bulk carboxy is 50% extract
I have taken real, pharmaceutical L-Dopa, and I would say that 1 g of bulk carboxy is subjectively equivalent to 50 mg of L-Dopa. 200 mg of real L-Dopa is way, way more powerful than 1 g of bulk carboxy.

This is also not a supplement to be taken lightly, as chronic excess dopamine has health consequences. I'm not saying don't take it, but do your research. In a different way, it is as serious as taking steroids.

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
I have taken real, pharmaceutical L-Dopa, and I would say that 1 g of bulk carboxy is subjectively equivalent to 50 mg of L-Dopa. 200 mg of real L-Dopa is way, way more powerful than 1 g of bulk carboxy.

This is also not a supplement to be taken lightly, as chronic excess dopamine has health consequences. I'm not saying don't take it, but do your research. In a different way, it is as serious as taking steroids.
how dangerous is excess l-dopa?

Problem with pharmaceutical L-Dopa is that it gets absorbed in peripheral tissue before making it to the brain which causes the nasty side effects.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Problem with pharmaceutical L-Dopa is that it gets absorbed in peripheral tissue before making it to the brain which causes the nasty side effects.
Such as neuropathies? If so, are they permenant?

I'd think we were taking these supplements for relaxation/mood enhancement. I get these affects with dopamenergics but nothing peripherally. That seems to be backwards of what you are suggesting.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I suspect I have super low dopamine levels so this is a great topic!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will attempt to clear this pertinent issue up, most importantly, without abasing myself or the company to any particular individual!

In respects to Mucuna extraction and administration, there are two primary concerns: The inherent L-DOPA content, and the content of both PDCIs (peripheral decarboxylase inhibitors), as well as independent L-DOPA-enhancing adjuvents; necessarily, due to the function of L-DOPA itself, one component is as important as the other.

To address the first concern, this particular extract is 15%, while the Bulk 1-C is 50% (after extraction); herein, the difference is most ostensibly quantitative, but may be qualitative as well. This is not to necessarily devalue the quality of NP's extract - a priori of either trying it or having the necessary information on it - but rather to elucidate that the quality of the Mucuna has prominent effects on the quality of the components we are concerned with.

In accordance with the inherent PDCIs and other L-DOPA-enhancing adjuvents, I may only speak for ourselves, and not for NP; in that respect, we deliberately extract for PDCIs, which are the cornerstone of an effective L-DOPA-based product - simply put, a product without high PDCIs content is both relatively unsafe, and ineffective. Obviously, as I have no data on NP's product, this is not to insinuate one way or another that their product has 'X' or 'Y' PDCI content!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Summary of Mulletsoldier's post (see above for full details):

2 Factor to consider, 1) L-Dopa Content 2) peripheral decarboxylase inhibitors (PDCIs)

NP's bulk is 15% L-Dopa, 1-Carboxy is 50%

1-Carboxy is extracted for PDCI's, unknown if NP's does as well

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, so aside from the shop talk, I'll vouch for the current version of USP PowerFull. I have noticablely enhanced sleep patterns with PowerFull. And Powerfull has resolved "prolactin like" abnormal sensations for me on 2 seperate occasions within 3-4 days. I have not had any negative effects from PowerFull, including no peripheral symptoms.

Let's hear the feedback on NP's 1 carboxy then...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so aside from the shop talk, I'll vouch for the current version of USP PowerFull. I have noticablely enhanced sleep patterns with PowerFull. And Powerfull has resolved "prolactin like" abnormal sensations for me on 2 seperate occasions within 3-4 days. I have not had any negative effects from PowerFull, including no peripheral symptoms.

Let's hear the feedback on NP's 1 carboxy then...
I believe you mean L-Dopa, because the 1-Carboxy has been around for a while, and is actually half of PowerFULL.

I personally will be picking up some L-Dopa and will compare it to 1-Carboxy in a few weeks time, and am anticipating others feedback as well.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
NPs version..a less powerful(hehe..get it?)version of USPs...

gettingully1

gettingully1

Awards
bump - so these are pretty much the same, the biggest different being the extract ratio. 15% vs 50%. anything else im missing?

TheAmazing1

TheAmazing1

Awards
what is an effective dose of l-dopa? an excessive dose??

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
I personally will be picking up some L-Dopa and will compare it to 1-Carboxy in a few weeks time, and am anticipating others feedback as well.
i have been using l dopa at night for a week or so and couple of days ago i had the 1-carboxy for 2 nights to see any difference.
After taking it i didnt get up till the aftenoon the next day had like 10hrs sleep, i was really grogy when i got up, the sleep was heaps deeper and i didnt even get up to go to take a piss. The next night I had the same results, personaly i felt some difference between the 2 product
ive been taking 2 teaspoons of l dopa and i only had 1 of the 1-carboxy cause i knew it was stronger