What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?

Protein Flavor Vote --> More than one can be selected...

• Vanilla

Votes: 91 29.3%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 192 61.7%
  • Strawberry

Votes: 31 10.0%
  • Banana-Strawberry

Votes: 35 11.3%

• Total voters
Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Let me know guys since I'm working with a good company to blend some protein for me. Thanks for the input!

Chemo

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla mainly because it is easy to change the flavor of it to something else.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
yeah I go with vanilla also.. i like choc.. but if its gross choc its hard to cover the flavor..

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
True nothing is more impossible that changing the flavor of crappy chocolate.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
yes vanilla is my favorite, but strawberry's are always good to. my vote is for vanilla.

Bone

Awards
Vanilla is probably the best bet. Although right now I'm into Chocolate Mint!!! Its soooo damn good :D

Peace

Bone

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Strawberry-banana --> the best flavor in the world ;)

Chemo

shady

Awards
i like vinnila . and sometimes i will thow some fat free yogert into it . yummy , and i voted .

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Everyone is saying vanilla but nobody is voting it. hhmmm.... ;)

Chemo

Sean

Awards
Well I actually throw in a banana and some strawberries into the blender with the rest of my shake sometimes. :cool:

Monte Cristo

Awards
Chocolate, but vanilla is easy to change.

Bad chocolate is ass.

If you only could get one flavor to offer,
vanilla would be best.

DaddyR

Awards
If it's a good chocolate, then chocolate. If it's a bad chocolate, I'll return the crap.

I don't like vanilla by itself at all, but the points about its versatility are well made.

BrKonman

Awards
If it's a good chocolate, then chocolate. If it's a bad chocolate, I'll return the crap.

I don't like vanilla by itself at all, but the points about its versatility are well made.
Beat me to the punch. Vanilla is just barely gulpable by itself(I've got some Opt 100% Vanil right now, and it's just not good compared to chocolate.) But it can be changed easily.

If you can get good chocolate, then there's no need to change the flavor. I'd prefer chocolate any day of the week.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
chocolate..even if its a bad choc u can add some splenda or egual and some nonfat chocolate creamer

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
pretty suprised at the voting....i would have thought choc. would have ran away. put my vote down for choc but the best flavor i ever had was tropical mango....but not all manufacturer make that and aint a common.

xcreed

Awards
For MRPs, I buy STRAWBERRY - then I get VANILLA whey just to add up.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Vanilla, again for versatility. Or unflavored for even more versatility. :D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
wanted to say this sportsone whey isolate (7lb for 21.99) is the best deal ive gotten. i was expecting assness, as far as taste but its right up there with the better tasting 5lb + whey ive tried (simply, opt100, even isopure) pretty thin though....im a thick shake man man.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla, again for versatility. Or unflavored for even more versatility. :D

vanilla can bite my ass, but i can deal with unflavored cuz it's versatile...

...for me CHOCOLATE, whether it's good, shitty, half-way, I love chocolate

LG. :cool:

R.I.C.

Awards
Chocolate for sure ! A bad chocolate will always taste better than a bad vanilla, or worse still a bad strawberry... I've sampled all of the above !!

I blend a banana with my chocolate whey, and it turns into.... Coco-Banana !!! The bomb **** !

U of R Man

Awards
I'll take chocolate any day of the week...especially by Optimum :D

snakeman458

Awards
chocolate any day, always goes good, for anything.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chemo
Everyone is saying vanilla but nobody is voting it. hhmmm.... ;)

Chemo

Vanilla for it self, it is terrible, but for mixer is great, now for individual plain raw like chocolate.  Yesterday  that change, I try a MRP  from a you know who company, that I like very much by itself.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
i dunno i use muscle milk and think the chocolate is the worst of the ones ive tried i think their strawberry and vanilla are much better

Dr of Golf

Awards
Vanilla main becuase it is easy to change the flavor of it to something else.

I've got to agree with you. Vanilla is the best along with being the most versatile. I like the fact that you can ALWAYS add something else to it and change the flavor. Can't really do that with chocolate. ;)

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla as well. If I have time, I like to put it in a blender with a banana.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
im sure many people have done this before. but labrad, right on. vanilla (most of time myoplex), with 2/3 banana, 1 tbl peanutbutter (man, i put pb on and in everything)...sometimes some added honey. Amazing......

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Prior to last week I would always have said chocolate, but after having had Muscle Milk's Strawberry Milkshake flavor, I have had to alter my whole perception of flavored protein. I'm responding and voting based solely on the product itself, always mixed with skim milk, without any further addition of spices, flavors, foods (pb banana etc) or liquids, and whereas both vanilla and strawberry in the past have made me fucking spew (mostly regardless of brand), MM's sweet nectar of life actually tastes very good... can't wait to try the chocolate peanut butter flavor, ha.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I'm still going for choclate over all but Vanilla has its place.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla mainly because it is easy to change the flavor of it to something else.
This is the exact reason I always buy vanilla flavored protein. I always end up making it banana flav by adding banana pudding mix (dextrose) and bananas, add milk and you have an awsome shake. On it's own Pro Rated (vanilla) flavored powder tastes better than most I have tasted.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
I like Syntrax Nectar Caribbean Cooler for PW and any chocolate for breakfast since its the only thing to hide the taste of flax oil.

quasar

Awards
I like Syntrax Nectar Caribbean Cooler for PW and any chocolate for breakfast since its the only thing to hide the taste of flax oil.
Natty PB's the only thing that can hide the taste of flax oil for me! And as for protein, chocolate rules (optimum) b/c it's great stand-alone and great in a mix. Unless it's MM we're talking about, then there's strawberry and banana that make me think I'm off my diet.

belbs75

Awards
proteincustomizers strawberry flavoured protein powders... It is by fat the yummiest protein i have had..

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established

chocolate rules (optimum) b/c it's great stand-alone and great in a mix.
I tried optimum and thought it was very grainy and bland compared to all the others i tried - it might be that I am using water tho. Isopure dutch chocolate is great in water w/ flax just leaves these white grains on the bottom which is wierd.

Lightning

Awards
Vanilla, add a splash of OJ, tastes like a creamsicle.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
hasnt anyone tried optimum's afer max blend?

chocolate sundae is soooooooooooo good.

how else can i gulp 16oz of it with skimmmed milk in less than 30 seconds :)

Ibench800

Awards
Anyone ever try Optimum Nutrition's Pina Colada flavor of their 100% Whey?

Trapark666

Trapark666

Awards
My vote has to go with strawberry. If it tastes like crap, I can always cover it with 2% chocolate milk. Some of the chocolates out there are just too strong and vanilla on its own makes me want to spew.

BMZ

Awards
personally I think it depends on the brand, some companies will have good tasting chocolate and shitty tasting strawberry, and vice versa..........
I know people rave about Optimum 100% but their strawberry tastes like ****, but the chocolate is OK....

TwinLab tastes OK but it's shitty protein

Dr of Golf

Awards
personally I think it depends on the brand, some companies will have good tasting chocolate and shitty tasting strawberry, and vice versa..........
I know people rave about Optimum 100% but their strawberry tastes like ****, but the chocolate is OK....

TwinLab tastes OK but it's shitty protein

I agree with you about Optimum's Strawberry. Kind of hard to stomach. :(

Have you ever tried Optimum's Vanilla Ice Cream? Now, that's some damn fine tasting stuff ..... and it mixes well with any fruit for a different flavor. :D :D

farmer

Awards
im sure many people have done this before. but labrad, right on. vanilla (most of time myoplex), with 2/3 banana, 1 tbl peanutbutter (man, i put pb on and in everything)...sometimes some added honey. Amazing......
PB is the bomb with everything. Choc/PB/Bananna is good too. If you like bananna splits, try vanilla protein with a bananna, cherries, pecans, and chocolate milk. Very good.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I always stick with vanilla for my blends, so I can add different kinds of fruit and make my own flavors.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
optimum nutrition's choc.mint is really good, but I like Pro-Complex better now because of the glutamine (not for taste reasons)

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I always buy one of eatch taste and I mix the protein like this..

First I use strawberry as it is until the jar is 1/2
the next half of strawberry I mix 1/2 and 1/2 with vanilla (so i get strawberry vanilla "heaven")
when the strawberry is gone I miks the rest of vanilla with choclate (so i get chocolate vanilla "twist")
when the vanila is empty I use only the chocolate as it is...

Then I dont get bored of the same tast to long...
And also since I at eatch time have 2 jars of protein open I can miks diffrent tastes as I wich (exsample: chocolate or vanilla only or both at same time and a diffrent ratio miks of eatch when taken together (1/1 2/1 and so on))

Twinlabs super whey fuel strawberry/Banana was "supprisely" good when I got used to the taste!
But I do prefer a CFMWI as my main shake
:D
I like this idea of mixing the flavors and will give it a try. I already mix my chocolate whey with grape phosphagen and ground oats for my p/w shake. Sound awful, but tastes good. ;)