creatine and serious mass... need advice

makko

Awards
I just bought Weider Creatine Monohyrate powder and ON Serious Mass and I'm not sure on how to use them. the creatine's direction is: loading phase 1 scoop 4 times daily. 1 of the 4 serving should be taken immediately following exercise but i read in other sites that you should not drink creatine before working out! and i also read that you can mix creatine with other beverages that has no caffeine and citric acid. they said that gatorade is good when mixed with creatine especially the violet, blue and red ones but they have citric acid in their ingredients is that ok?

I am just a beginner in using this stuff so i am a little confused on how to use it but i work out for almost 3 months now. Serious mass instructions said that beginners should drink 1/2 of a serving daily for the first week but there is still another instruction that it should be taken in between meals, post work out and before bed . What should i do? and if i follow the beginner's direction when is the best time to drink it?

Thanks in advance for replying!

footster

footster

Awards
If you've only been working out for three months, you might want to wait a little before using the creatine. You should see some great gains just by eating right. Serious Mass could be used in the morning, pre/post workout, night time. IMO pre/post and night time are great times to take shakes. How is the rest of your meals through out the day?

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
Post-workout is probably the best time to drink the Serious Mass, for best results as soon as your finished lifting. Also, as soon as you wake up in the morning. Both morning and post-workout are most important time to feed your body.

Whenever I loaded my creatine I did one serving in the morning before breakfast, one serving before my workout, and two servings after workout. This worked well for me, you will find different opinions everywhere on this.

makko

Awards
oh sorry forgot to tell you that i worked out for about several months 1 year ago but i stopped due to some problems(school and work etc.) and i just started working out again now. I think i'm eating right breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner then sleep (sometimes a little snack before sleeping).

So, i should use serious mass before and after working out and before bed? should i ignore the beginner's instruction of taking 1/2 of a serving daily for the first week?

footster

footster

Awards
I'm not sure how many cals and protein are in the serious mass, but you might want to be careful how much you are injesting right away if your bodies not use to it. Start out slowly if your trying to pack those cals on, if your body hasnt been introduced to this sort of bulking diet.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
take it post workout for sure. as well as before bed. to help prevent catabolism from setting in. Make sure to eat a big breakfast. Eggs, Oatmeal, PB, Toast, ect. creatine i have found most effective pre wo & intra workout. Since it is creatine mono try taking it 30 minutes pre-wo, 15 minutes later take 60-80G complex/simple carbs for a transport system. possibly take some as well with electrolytes during your workout

makko

Awards
Ok... Tell me if this an ok setup:
1st week: loading phase of creatine
1/2 scoop before or after breakfast, 1/2 scoop before or after lunch 1/2 scoop after working out and 1/2 scoop before or after dinner.(the recommended scoop for users below 150 lbs is 1/2 scoop)

after week 1:The direction says 1 scoop daily immediately following exercise. So does that mean only 1 time per day? what are your recommendations on this?

Serious mass usage: 1st week
1/2 scoop after workout and 1/2 scoop before bed or is it better after waking up?

after week 1: change 1/2 scoop to 1 full scoop. should i also drink this in between meals like the direction say?

I think my first week is pretty good but i still want to know your opinion. after the 1st week is my problem...

BTW thank you so much for replying so quickly!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hmm I usually never load creatine so im not really sure on that part. Its debatable if its even necessary, but practicality wise it makes perfect sense. As for your weight gainer you should be good with 1 or more shakes a day.

makko

Awards
Any more comments/advice? what about my setup for supplements? is it okay? Can i mix creatine with gatorade blue even if it has citric acid?

jmillionaire

jmillionaire

Awards
Any more comments/advice? what about my setup for supplements? is it okay? Can i mix creatine with gatorade blue even if it has citric acid?
u need to drink the serious mass in the morning if u dont eat a big breakfast... also mix the creatine in whatever u want just as long as it has simple carbs (apple juice or watever)

makko

Awards
So, i should drink serious mass after waking up after work out and before sleeping? what about creatine? others say that gatorade blue red and violet are good to mix with creatine but it has citric acid is that ok? i like to drink gatorade when i work out.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Drinking creatine mixed with gatorade is fine. People worry too much about when they should take this supplement and when to take that supplement.

I've found that the best method is just to take it when you can, get the calories you need in 5-6 even meals, and lift hard.

Don't worry so much about the timing of your shakes and creatine that you forget the most important part, LIFT. Good luck

makko

Awards
OKAY! Thanks for your support guys! Now i'm ready to gain mean muscles! :thumbsup:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ya man 3 times a day for a weight gainer shake is WAY too much. maybe 1 time a day is waht you should be doing. take it after workout of before bed...not all the different times. Focus of your workout and stuff, the important stuff. not the supplements

footster

footster

Awards
ya man 3 times a day for a weight gainer shake is WAY too much. maybe 1 time a day is waht you should be doing. take it after workout of before bed...not all the different times. Focus of your workout and stuff, the important stuff. not the supplements
of course lift...lift and lift. eat and sleep. But at that weight shouldn't he try to get those extra cals in through out the day? Just thought at least 2 shakes a day if the weight is low. Maybe not the full serving. IMO what you think?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
of course lift...lift and lift. eat and sleep. But at that weight shouldn't he try to get those extra cals in through out the day? Just thought at least 2 shakes a day if the weight is low. Maybe not the full serving. IMO what you think?
2 weight gaining shakes a day is over doing. you want to stick to the whole foods. Get those cals in other ways. Coconut oil, virgin olive oil. there are other ways that are much better suited than synthetic weight gainers. You just have to be willing to eat

makko

Awards
Yeah, to you the truth I'm a hard gainer over the past few months my eating and sleeping habits sucks! I mean I sleep like 4 am and wake up like 2 pm so i don't eat breakfast and my lunch is late that's why i weigh very low.. but now i set my mind on gaining weight! i gradually changed my sleeping and eating habits for the better

I think i'll try to drink serious mass only two times a day (after workout and before sleep, i eat a lot during breakfast so i can skip drinking it after waking up right?) until my body get used to it..

Many thanks again!

jmillionaire

jmillionaire

Awards
if u eat alot for breakfast then dont drink it in the morning... dont drink the full serving of it also because i believe a full serving is 1200 cal, 50g protein and 250g carbs.. that is way to much for anyone in one serving IMO... lol just eat train and sleep

footster

footster

Awards
yeah true. I guess i usually just try to have 3 to 4 shakes a day.. But there not mass gainers. Just Whey ON. One serving is a lot...probably a good idea to split the serving up

makko

Awards
Okay, I was planning on doing this work out 4-5 times a week (a guy needs a rest right?).
work out days: drink serious mass after work out and before bed
Rest days:drink serious mass in the morning after waking and before bed.Is this ok?

And how do i drink creatine monohydrate after the 1st week? In the 1st week I need to load it for atleast 4 times a day. Is that ok?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
there's really no need to load the creatine...take it pre and post workout (can also do intra like Tex said). I like to take my creatine with WMS (kwick karb).

at your weight and height you shouldn't worry about supplements just yet...you obviously need to get your nutrition figured out!

IMO, you should be getting your calories from whole foods...not weight gainer shakes! try to limit your shakes to whey post workout (during anabolic window) with some simple carbs (again I like WMS).

Sounds like your pretty new to lifting...don't rush into it too hard with unrealistic goals! at this point I would rec training 3 days a week...pleanty of recovery time! if you're body isn't ready for what you throw at it you'll just get injured...sure fire way to avoid progress.

footster

footster

Awards
there's really no need to load the creatine...take it pre and post workout (can also do intra like Tex said). I like to take my creatine with WMS (kwick karb).

at your weight and height you shouldn't worry about supplements just yet...you obviously need to get your nutrition figured out!

IMO, you should be getting your calories from whole foods...not weight gainer shakes! try to limit your shakes to whey post workout (during anabolic window) with some simple carbs (again I like WMS).

Sounds like your pretty new to lifting...don't rush into it too hard with unrealistic goals! at this point I would rec training 3 days a week...pleanty of recovery time! if you're body isn't ready for what you throw at it you'll just get injured...sure fire way to avoid progress.
bingo.:thumbsup:

thats what i recommened in the begginning

makko

Awards
Ok thanks! BTW whats WMS? I am from Philippines so we usually eat rice from breakfast till dinner (I eat with with boiled eggs) and in snacks I eat sandwiches (w/ 3 boiled eggs before work out). And what can I substitute with milk? I'm lactosentolerant(spelling?) my stomach can't stand milk (weird thing is it's only milk i am not affected with other dairy products like cheese) so i have no choice but to remove milk from my diet but don't know what to replace it with. Thanks!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

makko

Awards
Yeah its always white rice... So WMS is another supplement. Maybe I'll try that one when I get some $$$... So what do you substitute with milk?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you tried lactose free milk?

I don't eat cereal and when I have a little bit of milk in something it's not a problem...I just can't have a glass of milk or it'll give me stomach cramps and give me gas.

If you're eating a lot of simple carbs (rice) already then I wouldn't add in WMS.

makko

Awards
That's exactly just like my problem with milk! Thanks.. I'll find some of that and hope that I don't go to the toilet 3 times in an hour!:toilet: