Extend or Purple Wrath?

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
I've been using extend for the past few months, but just got a free sample of purple wrath and i have to say it's pretty tasty. just curious which product you guys think is better or a better deal. Thanks!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have always been a Scivation Xtend fan and advocate. Nothing against Purple Wraath but i have no experience with it. AM member 'MrChristian' was gracious enough to mail me some various Controlled Labs product samples and i cannot wait to get them in the mail. I may write a quick comparison of the two.

Xtend is, has and will be a staple of mine for intra-workout supplementation as well as pre-cardio sipping.

Good luck with your goals.

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
I really love all the scivation products too and mark and derek are awesome. I'll have to wrestle this one out myself i guess haha thanks for your help

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really love all the scivation products too and mark and derek are awesome. I'll have to wrestle this one out myself i guess haha thanks for your help
Mark is a great guy. He is one of the few guys that put back into our sport. That is one of the reasons that i do not mind purchasing his [effective] products.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've used both & enjoy both products. Can't go wrong either way..

Wraath has the EAA complex going on, to it's advantage. Also has beta alanine. Plusses..

Xtend is higher in BCAA content, without additional EAA's. Also has a decent dose of glutamine..

They both taste good. Essentially, these products are interchangeable - in fact, since I keep both in stock, sometimes I'll alternate them daily depending on what taste I want for that particular day.

If you can get a substantially better price on one over the other, that would be the one I'd go with.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
If you can get a substantially better price on one over the other, that would be the one I'd go with.
That's been my reason for repeatedly purchasing Xtend. If the price of Purple Wraath comes down a little @ Nutra I'll probably give it a shot.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
I personally have never tried xtend, so it's not really fair, but I have used PW and can tell you I think it's awesome. Since you've tried both, however, I'd go with your gut feeling. Hope this helps. :)

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
yeah cost is probably the only reason i haven't ordered any purple wrath yet, i'm a poor college kid so i try and save wherever i can haha

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been using extend for the past few months, but just got a free sample of purple wrath and i have to say it's pretty tasty. just curious which product you guys think is better or a better deal. Thanks!
xtend - is an amzing product, ive been using it for a month .. i didnt believe the hype .. but once i tried it, i cant get off it .. xtend just has the ingredients to get you more endurance, while PW have way more ingredients .. i personally dont like the taste of PW, its an amazing product and works better then xtend in the gym .. but cost wise, i would choose Xtend over PW .. heck you can get 90servings tub w/ vasocharge for $50 .. thats an amazing deal. plus xtend tastes so good, even if you mix in your own EAA's or other cretine products .. the taste still remains the same.

if $$ isnt the option for you ..then go with PW, for me it is so i choose xtend lol:thumbsup:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Can't go wrong with either.

Xtend is a basic BCAA product that tastes good as well.
PW is an EAA product with a pre workout complex that tastes good as well.

I say try both and stick with whichever one you like

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
as a long time user of extend, i think it is very good. but after a long time of using extend i went back on purple wraath. i honestly feel more of a bump up with pw, will be sticking with the wraath. imo the beta alanine and cit mal make a huge difference, you can actually feel the effects. btw taking pw with swell and incarnate will give a nice ba tingle.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
as a long time user of extend, i think it is very good. but after a long time of using extend i went back on purple wraath. i honestly feel more of a bump up with pw, will be sticking with the wraath. imo the beta alanine and cit mal make a huge difference, you can actually feel the effects. btw taking pw with swell and incarnate will give a nice ba tingle.
agreed. the pre workout matrix of PW is not given enough credit. while the amount is small, it works synergistically with the EAA complex to make it a very effective product.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
agreed. the pre workout matrix of PW is not given enough credit. while the amount is small, it works synergistically with the EAA complex to make it a very effective product.
I can't wait to try this product. Not to do a comparison but to treat it as a stand alone opportunity.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I love Xtend, I always have some on hand and I think the taste is great.
I tried Purple Wraath when it first came out and the taste was the WORST!!!!! I gave my tub away to someone on this site cause I could not choke it down. The new Purple Wraath is better tasting not perfect but you don't gag like you used to when you drink it.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
yeah cost is probably the only reason i haven't ordered any purple wrath yet, i'm a poor college kid so i try and save wherever i can haha
it costs money to produce in a GMP certified facility for sport. that means, not only is it GMP, but there are no hormones in the facility so no cross contamination that will make you fail drug tests.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it costs money to produce in a GMP certified facility for sport. that means, not only is it GMP, but there are no hormones in the facility so no cross contamination that will make you fail drug tests.
And this is a huge deal.

I am a 'poor' college kid too, and i buy what works.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I think you guys should offer a $10 coupon so that I try it out, get hooked, and stop buying Xtend. :thumbsup:

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
This is a question for the ages....I believe since they both are STELLAR products, it all just has to do with personal preference. I know myself, I tend to rotate Xtend & PW. They both are so good and really should be a staple of everyones arsenal.

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
I said screw it and just bought a tub of both extend and purple wrath

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I said screw it and just bought a tub of both extend and purple wrath

Definetley a good idea. Now you can rotate the flavors...bearing you got 2 different flavors. Good deal!

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
Definetley a good idea. Now you can rotate the flavors...bearing you got 2 different flavors. Good deal!
Oh fo sho, i got the purple lemonade wraath and the watermelon extend. haven't tried the watermelon yet so we'll see how i like it. Green apple was the shiz

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh fo sho, i got the purple lemonade wraath and the watermelon extend. haven't tried the watermelon yet so we'll see how i like it. Green apple was the shiz
watermelon is real good .. i havent tried the green apple yet .. i think that will be my next and then i can also mix it in w/ green magnitude also :)

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
watermelon is real good .. i havent tried the green apple yet .. i think that will be my next and then i can also mix it in w/ green magnitude also :)
i guess i've been missing out with watermelon, but you've been missing out with green apple! that's not a bad idea mixing those two together, i'm sure it would taste about the same

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Watermelon Xtend is the sh_t.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I like Apple better also, but Watermellon is def a close 2nd.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn now im craving for apple .. cant wait till my watermelon tub gets done now :)