Better transport for Creatine: WMS vs. Dextros

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.82%

Better transport for Creatine: WMS vs. Dextros

What would be a better carb source to take creatine mono with both pre & post workout?
    Last edited by mdgrwl; 08-07-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: miss spelled creatine

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

WMS gets my vote but I use both WMS and Dex post workout.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

WMS by far
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My vote goes to WMS.
    I switch them up every month or two regardless.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%

I would be interested to see a study comparing the two.

I've tried both for transport and I feel less bloated with the WMS.

When using maltodextrin as a transport I get stomach cramps.
    When using dextrose I get something of a sugar high.
    When using WMS, I get VERY hungry about an hour afterwards. There is some truth in advertising here, the WMS definitely clears my stomach the fastest.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity GodPosting ProPosting Authority

i am thinking to try supercarb by avant.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

im trying to find studies to link in here, but am having trouble. personal results are that WMS has proven better in my case
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    im trying to find studies to link in here, but am having trouble. personal results are that WMS has proven better in my case
    You're going to have a REALLY hard time cause there are none

Lol other than less bloating / ease on digestion, WMS is not superior in any way.
  9. UniversalUSA.com
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In the big picture and where it matters most, it's not going to make a whole lot of difference in the real world. However, depending on when you take your creatine, that could help you shape your CHO use.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.79%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Lol other than less bloating / ease on digestion, WMS is not superior in any way.
    Isn't WMS suppose to have a lesser effect on Insulin output? It's suppose to transport via is molecular weight and not GI rating?

This would make it far superior IMO. Ecscpecially for someone like myself who is carb sensative and malto/dex mix make me a gassy, blaoted, fat mess.

I'm not saying your wrong in any way shape or form. Im more asking a question. These are things I've heard about WMS but never seen any hard evidence on it.

It seemed to work better for me (WMS) then my dex/malto drinks.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%

The "starch" in waxy maize starch is amylopectin. I don't know why they don't just call the stuff what it is.

From what I gather, amylopectin has a GI that is fairly similar to dextrose and maltodextrin. It may be a little lower, but it certainly isn't a low GI food. (I can't find a study where they actually come out with the damn GI... they just keep comparing it to amylose)

As far as the supplement claim that the molecular weight is responsible for WMS's superiority, I would say from observation that:

WMS falls right out of solution in my shaker bottle, so it probably does the same thing in my stomach. Thus it settles out and rests right on top of the pyloric sphincter. The moment the pyloric sphincter opens to let anything through, the WMS will fall through it like a trap door - it cannot do otherwise. Other carbohydrate powders like maltodextrin and dextrose remain (more or less)in solution, so every time the pyloric sphincter relaxes to allow the passage of stomach fluids, less flows through in comparison to a similar dosing of WMS.

So, WMS probably gets to the small intestine more quickly. When it gets there, it is set upon by the digestive enzymes.

The time saved in stomach to intestine transfer may be offset by a lower GI - if, infact WMS has a lower GI than other supplement carbohydrates. EX:

WMS: Time of stomach clearance + time of digestion = total time to ergogenic effect (10 min to clear the stomach + 10 minutes to digest = 20 minutes to effect).

Other Carbs: 15 minutes to clear stomach + 5 minutes to digest = 20 minutes to effect
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Isn't WMS suppose to have a lesser effect on Insulin output? It's suppose to transport via is molecular weight and not GI rating?

This would make it far superior IMO. Ecscpecially for someone like myself who is carb sensative and malto/dex mix make me a gassy, blaoted, fat mess.

I'm not saying your wrong in any way shape or form. Im more asking a question. These are things I've heard about WMS but never seen any hard evidence on it.

It seemed to work better for me (WMS) then my dex/malto drinks.
    From Alan Aragon himself :

WMS is actually more insulinemic & glycemic than your standard glucose polymer solution. Earlier research showed no difference in glycemia and insulinemia between WMS & the glucose polymer, but there are at least a couple major things to consider: a total of 300g was consumed in 30-minute intervals over a 6-hr period. The significance here is that this dosing scheme may have caused a highly efficient delivery of glucose to the intestine. Since this happened alongside a faster glucose uptake by the muscles, major increases in blood glucose were neutralized.

Now stick with me here. In the latest WMS study, a more realistic 100g was used, and better blood sampling methodology was used. Guess what? As a result of its quicker gastric emptying, WMS caused a 17.3% higher peak insulin level and a 10.9% higher blood glucose peak. Given this, any glucose intolerance or insulin sensitivity issues will definitely be amplfied with WMS. Keep in mind that when taking any CHO with protein or AA, the insulin response will synergistically elevate, and this can counteract and drive down the expected elevation in blood glucose.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%

Well that's some handy knowledge! If it empties faster, and has a higher GI - then shouldn't it promote a better insulin spike for creatine transport?
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LSU Gladiator View Post
    Well that's some handy knowledge! If it empties faster, and has a higher GI - then shouldn't it promote a better insulin spike for creatine transport?
    Conceptually, yes. However, I'm not sure you should WANT an insulin spike as much as you do.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.99%

WMS is the shyt!! 5.95 lbs will last you a long time if only taken as as part of your preworkout regiment. It will boost your workout and add to your pumps, also you won't get the sugar crash as with dextrose. I've taken them both and you can't even compare the two, it's like comparing Dave Chapelle and Polly Shore
  16. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

What if you didn't need either
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

Similar Forum Threads

1. GMO in dextros/maltrodextros/WMS ?
    By rabican in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
  2. CE Transport by GAT
    By bigpetefox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 02:53 PM
  3. Transport for m1,4add
    By Kachinsky in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 03:17 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 03:54 PM
  5. ala to decreas dextrose in creatine transport?
    By cookmic5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 08:24 PM