High Blood Pressure

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am getting painful HEADACHES in the gym.. so i took my BP and it was 142 over 82.

what else can i take other than 2 scoops cycle support to lower my BP

age-25
bw-230
h-5'11

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Seriously Brolic, please try and use some proper grammar. Half of your posts on this site are really difficult to read and interpret.

You said something about pain in the gym? What the hell is that supposed to mean to us? Try a little harder and you're likely to get more help.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Incorporate more fresh garlic into your diet and consider supplementing with hawthorn berry and celery seed. From what I have read, the celery seed has a more immediate effect whereas hawthorn has a cumulative effect.

I can tell you from personal experience that fresh garlic will do wonders for your BP, just keep it in moderation.

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
dude try some celery seed extract. I had some issues with high bp the past few weeks and i got some cel seed extr from the local health food shop and this stuff works very fast. I also started taking 4 stalks a day of celery and with this combo my bp has gone down. I feel very relaxed as well so i know its working

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I would try the cheapest stuff first, and going from there. Work with some garlic and see how you react. 140/80 isn't that bad at all. In fact, just a few years ago that was considered normal. Only recently has it been considered elevated. Your blood pressure will also obviously be higher during and after you work out. Try taking it right when you wake up in the morning for a more accurate reading.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
I would try the cheapest stuff first, and going from there. Work with some garlic and see how you react. 140/80 isn't that bad at all. In fact, just a few years ago that was considered normal. Only recently has it been considered elevated. Your blood pressure will also obviously be higher during and after you work out. Try taking it right when you wake up in the morning for a more accurate reading.
i just had mine taken yesterday...132/72...doc said that was perfect.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my BP isnt really high, but these headaches are killing me

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my BP isnt really high, but these headaches are killing me
If this is a new onset of severe headaches, you really need to get in and be examined by your primary medical physician. I also agree that your b/p isn't anywhere near significant enough to warrant the severe headaches that you're describing.

Have you had, or been diagnosed with cluster, tension, or migraine headaches before? Do you have a significant family history of hypertension (High Blood Pressure)? Do you take in a lot of caffeine daily?

You've already been given some good suggestions with the hawthorne berry, celery seed, and garlic supplementation to help control b/p issuses. Limiting salt intake is always vastly overlooked in b/p control. Excessive sodium can wreak "Havoc" (A little pun :) ) on your b/p.

jman3967

Awards
ive had the same problem the last two days after my workouts. the headaches havent been severe but definitely noticeable. i took it today and it was 127/72 taken several hours after my workout, which isnt high but its up from my normal 110-115 range. maybe its cause its its higher than nomal which is causing the headaches

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Lose some fat. Last I remember, your bf% was somewhat high.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would go to the doctor to make sure it is not something else causing the headaches. I wish you well bro:thumbsup:
If you're not on anything and your BP is still high you need to go get it checked out. It could be the sign of something more serious.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If this is a new onset of severe headaches, you really need to get in and be examined by your primary medical physician. I also agree that your b/p isn't anywhere near significant enough to warrant the severe headaches that you're describing.

Have you had, or been diagnosed with cluster, tension, or migraine headaches before? Do you have a significant family history of hypertension (High Blood Pressure)? Do you take in a lot of caffeine daily?

You've already been given some good suggestions with the hawthorne berry, celery seed, and garlic supplementation to help control b/p issuses. Limiting salt intake is always vastly overlooked in b/p control. Excessive sodium can wreak "Havoc" (A little pun :) ) on your b/p.
i will calling my Dr tomorrow... this is going to suck bci have no insurance coverage..

i have been taking 400-600mg of caff pre workout... but i not taking anything since my first headache

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of caffeine. How much water do you drink a day?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i will calling my Dr tomorrow... this is going to suck bci have no insurance coverage..

i have been taking 400-600mg of caff pre workout... but i not taking anything since my first headache
Hmmm.....that may indeed be the culprit. So you only take that dose on workout days only?

Caffeine withdrawl effects can occur when cessation of daily use is noted. This can cause a rebound effect of cerebral vascular vasodilation triggering "Migrain-like" headaches as a result. Not to mention potential dehydration issues from caffeines diuretic-like effects. One of the first symptoms of dehydration is "headache."

I still very much suggest that you follow up with your doctor for a thorough medical evaluation. Make sure you bring the caffeine intake to his/her attention as well.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine does terrible things to my bp, and, if I take it before a workout, I tend to get lots of heart palps, and the occasional unsettlingly rapid heartbeat..

Yeah, that caffeine may not be such a great idea.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have used caff before and was fine,, i most take 400 prework out and another 200 right before cardio....

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1- should start taking caff again to fix this
2- i when to my Dr. and he told me no gym for 2weeks. and he have me a scrpit for tylonel 3 (sp) and I go back and see him in 10 days and if im not better , i got get a MRI (2k dollars)

Bp is norm

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Holy **** that's a lot of money. Wish you the best man! Tylenol and an MRI in 10 days with no insurance, damn looks like your doctor is looking out for something other than your health (his wallet) :think:

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1- should start taking caff again to fix this
2- i when to my Dr. and he told me no gym for 2weeks. and he have me a scrpit for tylonel 3 (sp) and I go back and see him in 10 days and if im not better , i got get a MRI (2k dollars)

Bp is norm
Absolutely do not start taking caffeine again. 400-600 mgs of caffeine is an insane dose. I used to take 200 mgs and that was enough for me and when I quit taking it I got headaches as well. I'd avoid the caffeine all together. There are plenty of caffeine free stims out there you can try. Caffeine is a drug and your body adapted to the dose so you needed more. When you quit you went thru withdrawals.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Holy **** that's a lot of money. Wish you the best man! Tylenol and an MRI in 10 days with no insurance, damn looks like your doctor is looking out for something other than your health (his wallet) :think:
He won't need the MRI. I'm sure a couple weeks off caffeine will fix his problem. His doc probably mentioned the MRI to cover himself in case there was something going on inside his head.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He won't need the MRI. I'm sure a couple weeks off caffeine will fix his problem. His doc probably mentioned the MRI to cover himself in case there was something going on inside his head.
so i shoudlnt take caff any more??? or just not at these high doses??

i was taking caff bc its a CHEAP ass stim... do yall have anything else in mind???

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Absolutely do not start taking caffeine again. 400-600 mgs of caffeine is an insane dose. I used to take 200 mgs and that was enough for me and when I quit taking it I got headaches as well. I'd avoid the caffeine all together. There are plenty of caffeine free stims out there you can try. Caffeine is a drug and your body adapted to the dose so you needed more. When you quit you went thru withdrawals.
whats a cheap stim to take?... my headaches are bad in the gym only

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
The only effective legal cheap stims that i use are caffeine, ephedrine, and 1,3-dimethylamylamine. I would strongly suggest trying the last one, as you only really need one tab for long clean energy (but some experience mild dry mouth, so have water handy!). I was weary at trying it at first, but it seems almost as clean a focus as a low prescribed dose of dexedrine (the dextrorotary stereoisomer of amphetamine). Just a suggestion, i've enjoyed it when needed.

Have you considered supplementing celery seed extract + HB to try lowering your blood pressure?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

Is it kind of a pressure headache where you can feel your heartbeat and hear it in your head. Kinda like bip,bip,bip. Do your inner ears burn? I had that issues when I first started my new fitness routine back in january. I was consuming a good amount of caffeine. Though probably not as much as 600mg. It went away with time.

My BP will usually get up to 140/7? at some point during the day. btw test both your arms. See if there is a diff by more than 10.

On a side note, if you are taking stuff that increases vascularity, when you stop, would your blood pressure increase as the effects wear off? like a temporary high blood pressure for a couple weeks?

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is it kind of a pressure headache where you can feel your heartbeat and hear it in your head. Kinda like bip,bip,bip. Do your inner ears burn? I had that issues when I first started my new fitness routine back in january. I was consuming a good amount of caffeine. Though probably not as much as 600mg. It went away with time.

My BP will usually get up to 140/7? at some point during the day. btw test both your arms. See if there is a diff by more than 10.

On a side note, if you are taking stuff that increases vascularity, when you stop, would your blood pressure increase as the effects wear off? like a temporary high blood pressure for a couple weeks?
ur correct

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only effective legal cheap stims that i use are caffeine, ephedrine, and 1,3-dimethylamylamine. I would strongly suggest trying the last one, as you only really need one tab for long clean energy (but some experience mild dry mouth, so have water handy!). I was weary at trying it at first, but it seems almost as clean a focus as a low prescribed dose of dexedrine (the dextrorotary stereoisomer of amphetamine). Just a suggestion, i've enjoyed it when needed.

Have you considered supplementing celery seed extract + HB to try lowering your blood pressure?
who sells ephedrine in bulk... i was lovin my caff pills from NP for like 6$shipped...

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
who sells ephedrine in bulk... i was lovin my caff pills from NP for like 6$shipped...
if you have asthma you can go to any store and get it. Bronkaid makes wonderful asthma medication in the form of ephedrine sulfate/hcl and guaifenesin.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If I were you I'd lay off the stims for a couple months. Buy some Reset AD and give your receptors some time to get back to normal. Do some research here on stims and you'll fine some great products out there that don't rely on caffeine to get you charged up for a workout.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
If I were you I'd lay off the stims for a couple months. Buy some Reset AD and give your receptors some time to get back to normal. Do some research here on stims and you'll fine some great products out there that don't rely on caffeine to get you charged up for a workout.
x10. :goodpost:

lector606

lector606

Awards
If I were you I'd drink a cup or two of green tea and see how it affects the headache. The little bit of caffeine might make it go away, in which case you know you're basically just experiencing withdrawal (so taper off). If it doesn't, then you know you're probably looking at a more serious issue.

Hawthorne seems pretty effective as others said. I work with an older lady who swears by it.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
define couple of weeks? 2? 3? 4?

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well im goin to try to do pull ups and see what happens today?

then tomorrow im do pull with with 100mg of caff

TonyMoFo

Awards
That's nothing my blood pressure was 182 over 130 something then I got to the hospital it stay at 192 over 120. That was because I was taking 3 heaping scoops of NO-Explode, Nitrix, smoking too many cigarettes and stressing out with my girl. They kept overnight to make sure I wasn't going to have a heart attack, since then I have quit smoking cold turkey (smoked for 15 years and I just turned 30). I only take 2 scoops of NO Explode and stopped arguing with my girl so much. I constantly monitor it and is now 130 over 75 which is where I should be at. Just cut down on the caffine and you should be OK!!!

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
yea those are some high numbers man....i tried celery seed extract and it cut mine down alot. Also the celery sticks work very good too. Try eating a few a day with some pb for better taste

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
How to come off Caffeine to avoid a withdraw??
Yeah, once you stop dosing the caffiene for the end of the day, take lots of benzos(diazepam, or better yet go for the longer half life, flurazepam!!!) in order to sleep through the withdraws!!! :icon_lol: