SAM e advice?

C

clint3612

Awards
Does anybody have any advice on how to properly take SAMe? I mean do you take it before a cycle, during, after, or all three? I'm looking to take some 3-ad and I saw hank's lipid profile after a 3 week course and his liver enzymes were slightly up. I want to minimize any potential liver damage. I know about milk thistleand NAC, but i heard the SAMe is a tremendous product and I want to know how to use it right.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody have any advice on how to properly take SAMe? I mean do you take it before a cycle, during, after, or all three? I'm looking to take some 3-ad and I saw hank's lipid profile after a 3 week course and his liver enzymes were slightly up. I want to minimize any potential liver damage. I know about milk thistleand NAC, but i heard the SAMe is a tremendous product and I want to know how to use it right.
Take it first thing in the morning, upon waking, on an empty stomach. A B-Complex taken at the same time will help with absorption. Make sure the SAM-e is enteric coated and comes in a blister pack instead of a bottle. From my experience, non-enteric coated SAM-e and the bottled versions, don't seem to positively impact my mood as much.

C

clint3612

Awards
Take it first thing in the morning, upon waking, on an empty stomach. A B-Complex taken at the same time will help with absorption. Make sure the SAM-e is enteric coated and comes in a blister pack instead of a bottle. From my experience, non-enteric coated SAM-e and the bottled versions, don't seem to positively impact my mood as much.
Thank You. One thing though, when should i start it;before, during, or after the cycle. It's way to expensive to take forever, so, when is the opitimal time duration to take it? Thanks again!

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Thank You. One thing though, when should i start it;before, during, or after the cycle. It's way to expensive to take forever, so, when is the opitimal time duration to take it? Thanks again!
Post cycle usage is fine if cost is an issue. In all honesty, I use it year round, so I couldn't give you a minimum time recommendation.