Ostarine and Multiple Sclerosis (MS)?

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
So, the thing is my dad is diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) since 10 years back. And I just did a cycle of Ostarine and have read some about it's "healing" properties and positive effects on muscle waste. I started thinking about my dad and his diagnose, if this drug could be beneficial for him or others alike.
My question to you guys is, have you heard anything about the effect of Ostarine on MS? And/or what are your personal thoughts of this?
Thanks! :)

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
No brother no. Just no. I know how you feel but no. Only what his doctor prescribes.

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
I'm very familiar with MS and I completely agree with GreekTheBrick on this one.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
i always wondered the same thing if ostarine is so amazing at preserving muscle is there any merit to it being used to help slow muscle wasting diseases.(MS. ALS)
I'm no doctor but i think thats what it was created for originally?

Not telling you to do it, but id like to hear what smarter minds have to say on this subject

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
GreekTheBrick PharmAnalyst Agree with you guys even though I'm very curious about how/if it would have any positive effect.
Like ericool007 said, I believe it was created originally to treat muscle waste in cancer (?) patients. Maybe we will know more when the drug is official and studies has been made. Thanks

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
GreekTheBrick PharmAnalyst Agree with you guys even though I'm very curious about how/if it would have any positive effect.
Like ericool007 said, I believe it was created originally to treat muscle waste in cancer (?) patients. Maybe we will know more when the drug is official and studies has been made. Thanks
Exactly. If there is a study that I missed I would love to read and make some conclusions. Although long term is what worries me most

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm really sorry that your dad is having to go through that, but another vote for please not going that route. It's not so much that the muscle is wasting away, but the CNS innervation is being compromised. I've done consulting for an MS pharma company and written all of their content for two international presentations now, so I'm pretty familiar with the field if you ever want to discuss what your dad is taking and how it might rank against what options are out there. Feel free to send me a PM anytime.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i always wondered the same thing if ostarine is so amazing at preserving muscle is there any merit to it being used to help slow muscle wasting diseases.(MS. ALS)
I'm no doctor but i think thats what it was created for originally?

Not telling you to do it, but id like to hear what smarter minds have to say on this subject
No way it was created for that; it will have no effect here. ALS and MS are not muscle-wasting diseases. They are neuronal diseases that can disable the motor unit of the NMJ. This will cause a form of atrophy known as denervation atrophy that cannot really be helped by anything...nor is there any point in preserving that muscle, as it lacks any function.

ALS has no effective treatment (riluzole is relatively worthless). MS has numerous effective treatments, especially in the age of targeted therapy and monoclonal antibodies. Indeed, the future is pretty bright for those with MS who have not undergone significant neuronal insult to date.

Behold, the age of biologics is upon us: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3002635/

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
The biologics can be helpful in slowing disease progression (up until possible JCV seroconversion), but I'm more excited about some of the newer treatments with stem cells.

GeneralManage

GeneralManage

Awards
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic relapsing demyelinating disease involving the central nervous system.
Ostarine will help in muscle wasting if a person is 52 years old then it will allow his body to uptake his testosterone that already has in body at such a high rate that it will encourage a high amount of muscle growth.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic relapsing demyelinating disease involving the central nervous system.
Ostarine will help in muscle wasting if a person is 52 years old then it will allow his body to uptake his testosterone that already has in body at such a high rate that it will encourage a high amount of muscle growth.
Close, but nope