ok so explain this to me like i am 21...

chipmunk

Awards
hi

No expert here at all. Lift heavy weights 3 x week, try to eat clean, etc...

From what i have read, and i might be 100% wrong, is this right?

1) Testosterone/steroids: best for effectiveness by a long shot. But can be very harsh/ have to know what you are doing. (something i would NOT even think about. I have no desire to be freaksihly big/cut etc. That's a young man's game if he wants it)

2) Pro-hormones: Varies massively but basically a watered down version of test and steroids? if it was safe and gave me an edge i might consider this route. But i'd be wary.

3) Supplements: Maybe a little help..maybe?

So can any of the experts add to this or correct me?

I have kind of lost faith in the supplements department. I hardlyt think they are worth taking.

thx

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Mate just focus on training hard and eating right. You have enough to learn right there.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mate just focus on training hard and eating right. You have enough to learn right there.
It's true right here. I ate everything in sight and lifted as heavy as possible for 10 years before even thinking about adding in anything else. In general, supplements will do nothing if your diet, routine, and rest is poor.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Training and nutrition are your foundation. What you want to add in extra depends on what your goals are. Too many people start taking supplements, PHs, and steroids without goals or a plan.

chipmunk

Awards
yeah...i have been lifting weights since 1991....so maybe you want to think about that. I am asking about the supplements side of things as i get older.

I know many here are kids but sadly, i am not one of them.
thx

chipmunk

Awards
yeah i agree Aleksandar37....my goal is to basically have a better metabolism. i.e keep Nat T levels at optimum levels. Nothing artficial though.

I have a goal of getting my deadlifts to 200kg max 1 rep....but it's taking time and not sure i am going to get there now (177kg max 1 rep)

Figure if i get dl's, squats. military press to a certain level that will do.

chipmunk

Awards
i wouldn't be posting if i didn't want the info. I never even looked into this stuff until last year. (supplements that is)

"enough to learn"? 24 years of lifting and i still have much to learn?

Thx

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i wouldn't be posting if i didn't want the info. I never even looked into this stuff until last year. (supplements that is)

"enough to learn"? 24 years of lifting and i still have much to learn?

Thx
Well in regards to your OP, 1 and 2 should be pretty much interchangeable. Depending on the compound be it a old school steroid or a PH/Designer Steroid both can have lesser or greater potential effects/side effects so treat them on an individual basis. If you are yet to use any supplements then I reckon its a great place to dip your feet in to get the progressive overload continuing in your workouts.

What part of your workout regimen do you feel could use a boost at this stage? ie Strength, recovery, endurance etc.

chipmunk

Awards
Strength...i have always focused on compound lifts with fairly heavy weights.

Whilst i did start lifting in 1991 for the 1st ten years i wasted my time with light weights/endurance type of stuff. Then it was on/off for about 5 years whilst we had children (anyone been there knows how hard those years are..)

So basically, I am looking to get my strength upto my maximum potential before i get too old..:-( It's kind of stalled now....

i am not after looking like a 21 year old beach/fitness model...:) That was 15+ years back.

Thank you

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Strength...i have always focused on compound lifts with fairly heavy weights.

Whilst i did start lifting in 1991 for the 1st ten years i wasted my time with light weights/endurance type of stuff. Then it was on/off for about 5 years whilst we had children (anyone been there knows how hard those years are..)

So basically, I am looking to get my strength upto my maximum potential before i get too old..:-( It's kind of stalled now....

i am not after looking like a 21 year old beach/fitness model...:) That was 15+ years back.

Thank you
Cool.

Simply adding in Creatine and Trimethylglycine can aid in strengths.

If you are looking at getting a bit more
Fancy, a Few good ones that i have had success with
Athletix Sports - Ergonine
PES - Anabeta Elite
Olympus Labs - EP1C Unleashed

Give those products a bit of a read up and come back with any questions.

chipmunk

Awards
ok..thank you

so if you had to pick one..which?

i am in no rush..and consider safety my priority here.

What about 1 ANDRO?

Any comments on that?

Thank you

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the confusion in here is about your age. The advice being given is for a 21 year old. You're in your 40s right?

chipmunk

Awards
yep...45

"advise me LIKE i was a 21 year old" i.e dumb as f***

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Well its quite simple. Steroids and Prohormones need to be researched properly before you even bother following what some guy on the net says. Supplements are MOSTLY a waste of time. For better strength maybe look at creatine, for work capacity maybe look at beta-alanine, for protein synthesis maybe look at leuicne. All are very mild though so don't expect big effects.