Dairy - this stuff the devil?

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
High fat dairy has its place for anti-inflammatory properties and energy. Think ghee, double cream, grass-fed butter etc

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. I hear ya but there are soooo many people that think dairy is the devil and I figured it was time to look into why.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Before I learned that many hormones / peptides get digested and destroyed I thought it was the devil too. Now I'll happily drink milk

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Look at who the author is - webmaster of notmilk.com

Also his use of correlation = causation is absurd. Fat and cholesterol = heart disease, so because milk contains both, it is a leading contributor to heart disease. I would argue these are not the primary faults.

Correlating that dairy causes cancer...

Diabetes and so on.

Then yes, polypeptides are broken down before absorption, rendering them useless in their original form.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look at who the author is - webmaster of notmilk.com

Also his use of correlation = causation is absurd. Fat and cholesterol = heart disease, so because milk contains both, it is a leading contributor to heart disease. I would argue these are not the primary faults.

Correlating that dairy causes cancer...

Diabetes and so on.

Then yes, polypeptides are broken down before absorption, rendering them useless in their original form.
How dare you bring science into this discussion ;)

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I use Raw milk as my fat intake for 1 meal a day.

They are not bad. Butter is even good but if you can take in 10g of fat per meal only have 10g of fat worth of butter for one meal, a lot of people start using them at every meal which mess things up.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use Raw milk as my fat intake for 1 meal a day.

They are not bad. Butter is even good but if you can take in 10g of fat per meal only have 10g of fat worth of butter for one meal, a lot of people start using them at every meal which mess things up.
Did you help write the article?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milk is a slippery slope indeed. I started with just a cup of milk once in a while and next thing I know I'm selling my body for the hard stuff... Ben & Jerrys. Be careful guys, milk is a gateway food

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Milk is a slippery slope indeed. I started with just a cup of milk once in a while and next thing I know I'm selling my body for the hard stuff... Ben & Jerrys. Be careful guys, milk is a gateway food
Really no coming back for you now, IGF-1 is coming for you, RIP...

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Did you help write the article?
Nope! I live in texas and farms are close to me and raw milk is as cheap or cheaper than organic milk in the store. So in morning for my 10g of fat I put 10g of fat worth in my huge mug of coffee. I only do this if I'm lean bulking and things are going good. I usually just use oils as my fat source.

Edit: You probably were talking about this part:
a lot of people start using them at every meal which mess things up.
by that I meant as in extra calorie intake thus causing weight gain. So for example if you are cutting or even lean bulking and use milk as your fat source you'll need about 1.2 servings or so to get it to 10g of fat. Well the carbs, and the proteins in it also have Calories so those number add up over time, especially if you have 6 meals a day. Wasn't meaning that if you drink them for every meal you'll get cancer or your dick will fall off or whatever else that dumb article said. Sorry about the confusion.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nope! I live in texas and farms are close to me and raw milk is as cheap or cheaper than organic milk in the store. So in morning for my 10g of fat I put 10g of fat worth in my huge mug of coffee. I only do this if I'm lean bulking and things are going good. I usually just use oils as my fat source.

Edit: You probably were talking about this part:

by that I meant as in extra calorie intake thus causing weight gain. So for example if you are cutting or even lean bulking and use milk as your fat source you'll need about 1.2 servings or so to get it to 10g of fat. Well the carbs, and the proteins in it also have Calories so those number add up over time, especially if you have 6 meals a day. Wasn't meaning that if you drink them for every meal you'll get cancer or your dick will fall off or whatever else that dumb article said. Sorry about the confusion.
The fat in milk has the same amount of calories as fat in other sources, people are capable of fitting the macros of milk into their dietary budget as well as with any other food sources. You are pretty much making points with no actual relevance.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The fat in milk has the same amount of calories as fat in other sources, people are capable of fitting the macros of milk into their dietary budget as well as with any other food sources. You are pretty much making points with no actual relevance.
This. whole cream milk is awesome woh protein btw. Tastes like heaven

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This. whole cream milk is awesome woh protein btw. Tastes like heaven
I periodically write thankyou letters to Liddels (not really) for getting lactose free full cream milk to the market. That was a rough few years when it wasn't available.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Low-fat ice cream isn't ice cream.
this is the only one i get here that's good. cookies and cream is my favorite. pretty good volume if your in a deficit. but obviously not as good

838649.JPG

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
brb going on no food diet. Everything kills me, therefore I must eat nothing.