Glut4 Transcription supplements

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am having a difficult time locating any evidence whereby glut4 is preferentially activated in muscle vs adipose tissue.

If all the popular glut4 supps also agonize/increase expression in fat cells, to uptake glucose then what's the appeal?

Thanks

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To my knowledge, none specifically target only muscle.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Judo.

So help me out here. What's the appealing attribute?

Less insulin release? Therefore one can curtail insulinogenic-related response and the correlating sides (lethargy, etc)? Still though; where is the evidence these products have any distinct lipolytic advantage when someone ingests carbs?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Insulin is obviously lipogenic and anti-lipolytic so is this perhaps the appeal as well? To quell insulin response thus not allowing insulin to thwart lipolysis?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think most approach it thinking the body has a hierarchy for storage. So up to a point, all nutrients are going to go to other places first (brain, organs, muscles, etc) with adipose tissue being the last place. So if you are in a slight caloric surplus then the extra nutrients are going to be shuttled to your muscles but if you are in a huge surplus, like taking a GDA and them binge eating, then after everything else gets their fill those nutrients are going to be shuttled to adipose.

Some GDAs, such as recompadrol, add compounds in to try and prevent adipose differentiation so to limit this. RecompMan will prolly be able to shed some light on this far better than I. I am kinda just thinking out loud here.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Don't taurine and agmatine increase glut-4 translocation and expression in skeletal muscle only?

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The GDA product I use has fenugreek which is a popular glut4 supplement.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Can't post links so

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20522594

Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid may improve liver and muscle but not adipose tissue insulin sensitivity in obese men and women.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't post links so

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20522594

Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid may improve liver and muscle but not adipose tissue insulin sensitivity in obese men and women.
TUDCA is one of the only ones I know of but you need an extremely high dose (1750mg I believe was used in the study) and that would be very very expensive.