Best foundation supplement combo

1merRep

1merRep

Awards
New to the forum, and just wanted to see opinions on essentials. Over the years I have tried a lot of different sups and learned the hard way that nothing beats a good diet. But I have kept a few things in my bag. Protein usually a whey isolate one with least amountnif fillers. My multivitamin has been animal stack, and a Bcaa brands vary butni llok for a certain amount of each amino depending on what I am doing. Fof pre work out honesty best thingninhave found is a cup of black coffee with honey. That's what I consider as my basic foundation sups. Just want to hear others opinions.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
For me:

PES Amino IV for Amino's
PES Select for Protonz
Creatine Mono at 3g Daily
Multi, and gonna try a greens soon
Amentoflavone is becoming a favorite of mine

High Branched Cyclic Dextrin for Intra-workout is on the cusp of becoming an essential for me as it's helped tremendously.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100% whey protein, isolate if money isn't an issue
creatine
multi vitamin
Compete with bcaa, i ususally go with recoverpro because of price

thats what i take basically everyday and have been taking year round

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
testabolan for ALC and divinil
fish oil for over all health
protein

that's it for the daily staples right meow.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'm the weirdo for considering BCAAs the gravy and not the potatoes.

Fish Oil for joints
Multi for paranoia
ECA for fatness
Digestive Enzymes for eatmoar
Probiotic for feelsgoodman

1merRep

1merRep

Awards
Thanks for all the input. Has anyone be following the recent BCAA discussions and research? Utilizing Leucine 3gs intra and post workout, as well as between meals show better protein synthesis. Allowing u to eat ever 4-6 hrs vs every 2-4hrs.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Hmm for me it would be the following (which aid health as well as muscle)

- Modern BCAA's (which is a blend of the best muscle constitutes aminos not just bcaa's with some electrolytes thrown in)
- Injectable L-carnitine (super endurance, liver protection, heart health, brain health, AR up-regulator, and more)
- NAC (glutathione, liver protection, protein breakdown, immune system, and more)
- Magnesium (many benefits)
- Curcumin (anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, insulin sensitivity, and more)
- Melatonin (anti-aging, sleep aid, and more)

I'm going to be trying out blue green algae shortly as that looks good to me.

If i need a pre-WO I'll go with simple OTC drink such as redbull. I still have good sensitivity to stims so a little goes a long way for me but probs not for stim junkies.

Fish oil is also good but get high quality! And vitamin D3 in the winter months is g2g.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I guess I'm the weirdo for considering BCAAs the gravy and not the potatoes.

Fish Oil for joints
Multi for paranoia
ECA for fatness
Digestive Enzymes for eatmoar
Probiotic for feelsgoodman
If you look in here, most of the responses have included BCAAs actually. I am a bit surprised, but I am also in the BCAA camp. Essentials for me are:

Multi
Fish oil
Whey
BCAAs

Other things which I invariably always have on hand, but consider extras are creatine, a slow digesting protein, joint supps, and pre's.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Forgot about Gut Health by Evomuse. Absolute game changer for a healthy tummy lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
DC_Pump

DC_Pump

Awards
Fish oil (Nordic Naturals): post-work out and with starchy meals
Whey Protein Isolate (Dymatize): pre and post and evening
Glycofuse: post usually, sometimes intra on long leg workouts
BCAAs (MetRx): pre and post and evening
Glutamine (MetRx): pre and post and evening
ZMA: evening
Green Superfoods: pre and evening in shakes

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Fish oil (Nordic Naturals): post-work out and with starchy meals Whey Protein Isolate (Dymatize): pre and post and evening Glycofuse: post usually, sometimes intra on long leg workouts BCAAs (MetRx): pre and post and evening Glutamine (MetRx): pre and post and evening ZMA: evening Green Superfoods: pre and evening in shakes
I would advise taking that fish oil away from your workout time.

Inflammation is desired at this time and is part of the muscle hypertrophy process

DC_Pump

DC_Pump

Awards
Noted. I will mix it up and see how it effects me. I was mainly doing it for the enhanced insulin sensitivity. However, that makes sense about the inflammation because I never understood why people take NSAIDS for DOMS. Anyways, thanks for the tip man!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whey protein isolate or concentrate (not much difference between the two and some logical minds would argue a quality concentrate is better) shouldn't be a staple but a luxury as a protein source as its fast digestion benefits its also its crutch as it loses critical Amino Acids to the gut. If a protein powder is a staple it should be a blend.

1merRep

1merRep

Awards
I have to agree. When looking at whey I have been told by some that the purity is most important. Also that having shakes in your diet is not ideal but sometime necessary. Best way to grow muscle be it, shear mass or for over all fitness is 100% Food.
I started juicing fruits, Veggies to add all the good micro and macro nutrients to my diet. Get new recipes offline and make some of my own. I am a big fan. And I swear juice heavy in beats and radishes, and jalapeños make the best pre work out drink of all time.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A decent protein (pro nom, select)
Multi/greens (OT & Greens)
I also take Align for some stomach issues. Does a great job on bloat.

1merRep

1merRep

Awards
Just out of curiosity dose anyone have input on selecting a high quality protein.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
If protein quality is the goal, TrueNutrition's probably the way to go. Their flavors vary from mediocre to bad.
Outside of that, the best balance of quality, flavor, and price I've found is USP Labs OxyElite.

1merRep

1merRep

Awards
Looking for thoughts on BCAAs and
aminos. Been reading a lot about ratios of 3:1:1 the. You see 2:1:1. Just looking for sound advice.

MuscleReview

MuscleReview

Awards
Whey, Creatine Monohydrate, Multivitamin, and Fish Oil. That's all you need as far as the basics go.