Study on Musclepharm Assault - AnabolicMinds.com

Study on Musclepharm Assault

1. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Study on Musclepharm Assault

"The SUP, marketed as Assault, (Denver, CO, USA) contained BCAAs (6 g), creatine (5 g), β-alanine (4 g), citrulline malate (1.5 g), and caffeine (300 mg). "

Ingesting a preworkout supplement containing caffeine, creatine, β-alanine, amino acids, and B vitamins for 28 days is both safe and efficacious in recreationally active men.

Nutr Res. 2014 May;34(5):442-9

Authors: Kendall KL, Moon JR, Fairman CM, Spradley BD, Tai CY, Falcone PH, Carson LR, Mosman MM, Joy JM, Kim MP, Serrano ER, Esposito EN

Abstract
    The purpose of this study was to determine the safety and efficacy of consuming a preworkout supplement (SUP) containing caffeine, creatine, β-alanine, amino acids, and B vitamins for 28 days. We hypothesized that little to no changes in kidney and liver clinical blood markers or resting heart rate and blood pressure (BP) would be observed. In addition, we hypothesized that body composition and performance would improve in recreationally active males after 28 days of supplementation. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, participants were randomly assigned to ingest one scoop of either the SUP or placebo every day for 28 days, either 20 minutes before exercise or ad libitum on nonexercise days. Resting heart rate and BP, body composition, and fasting blood samples were collected before and after supplementation. Aerobic capacity as well as muscular strength and endurance were also measured. Significant (P < .05) main effects for time were observed for resting heart rate (presupplementation, 67.59 7.90 beats per minute; postsupplementation, 66.18 7.63 beats per minute), systolic BP (presupplementation, 122.41 11.25 mm Hg; postsupplementation, 118.35 11.58 mm Hg), blood urea nitrogen (presupplementation, 13.12 2.55 mg/dL; postsupplementation, 15.24 4.47 mg/dL), aspartate aminotransferase (presupplementation, 34.29 16.48 IU/L; postsupplementation, 24.76 4.71 IU/L), and alanine aminotransferase (presupplementation, 32.76 19.72 IU/L; postsupplementation, 24.88 9.68 IU/L). Significant main effects for time were observed for body fat percentage (presupplementation, 15.55% 5.79%; postsupplementation, 14.21% 5.38%; P = .004) and fat-free mass (presupplementation, 70.80 9.21 kg; postsupplementation, 71.98 9.27 kg; P = .006). A significant decrease in maximal oxygen consumption (presupplementation, 47.28 2.69 mL/kg per minute; postsupplementation, 45.60 2.81 mL/kg per minute) and a significant increase in percentage of oxygen consumption per unit time at which ventilatory threshold occurred (presupplementation, 64.38% 6.63%; postsupplementation, 70.63% 6.39%) and leg press one-repetition maximum (presupplementation, 218.75 38.43 kg; postsupplementation, 228.75 44.79 kg) were observed in the SUP only. No adverse effects were noted for renal and hepatic clinical blood markers, resting heart rate, or BP. Supplements containing similar ingredients and doses should be safe for ingestion periods lasting up to 28 days in healthy, recreationally trained, college-aged men.
    PMID: 24916558 [PubMed - in process]
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

2. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Almost everyone I've personally talked to, in person at the gym, have all said that assault did absolutely nothing for them in terms of energy and focus. The only good things I hear about it are over the internet.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyaus33 View Post
    Almost everyone I've personally talked to, in person at the gym, have all said that assault did absolutely nothing for them in terms of energy and focus. The only good things I hear about it are over the internet.

Works well enough for me when I actually use a pre workout which is rare. Good pump, increase in vascularity, and increase in focus and intensity during my workout.
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think anyone would expect a month of creatine and beta alanine to benefit performance. These product studies never offer anything new
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I think anyone would expect a month of creatine and beta alanine to benefit performance. These product studies never offer anything new
    Safety data.
    ForeRunner Labs

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I'm assuming they were using 2 servings? It says one scoop but I thought there was only 2g of beta alanine per serving
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Is that formula the one currently available? I didn't think it was. Kinda makes it even worth less if so.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Safety data.
    You love commenting on studies
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  9. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    You love commenting on studies
    U love nitrate infused uggs
    ForeRunner Labs

10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    U love nitrate infused uggs
    Jealous of the pedal vasodilation.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 12:35 PM
  2. finaly study on Lipostabil
    By mass_builder in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 12:22 AM