Creatinine test

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Why would an employer test for creatinine levels? I understand 4.5 mg - 8.9 dl is considered normal. How much creatine could one take to stay in the normal range?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
If it's for a piss test, low creatinine will show up as a diluted sample. It can be from trying to flush drugs out of your system or if you drink a lot of water. I don't think they can test a diluted sample for drugs/metabolites so they would make you do it over again. Not sure about the amount of creatine needed to get levels into the normal range

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
If it's for a piss test, low creatinine will show up as a diluted sample. It can be from trying to flush drugs out of your system or if you drink a lot of water. I don't think they can test a diluted sample for drugs/metabolites so they would make you do it over again. Not sure about the amount of creatine needed to get levels into the normal range
Got it. So taking creatine is not going to cause a failed test... They actually want to see higher creatinine levels because it would indicate your not trying to dilute your urine

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Got it. So taking creatine is not going to cause a failed test... They actually want to see higher creatinine levels because it would indicate your not trying to dilute your urine
Exactly

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
Why would an employer test for creatinine levels? I understand 4.5 mg - 8.9 dl is considered normal. How much creatine could one take to stay in the normal range?
Serum or urine creatinine?
Urine creatinine is used, as stated above, in urine drug tests to see if the sample has been diluted in order to mask possible drug presence.

Serum creatinine is tested for to measure kidney function. Ie if blood creatinine levels are elevated it may be a sign of kidney disease due to insufficient filtering and excretion of creatinine by the kidneys

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Serum or urine creatinine? Urine creatinine is used, as stated above, in urine drug tests to see if the sample has been diluted in order to mask possible drug presence. Serum creatinine is tested for to measure kidney function. Ie if blood creatinine levels are elevated it may be a sign of kidney disease due to insufficient filtering and excretion of creatinine by the kidneys
Lol my creatinine came back high when I used a substance to mask the presence of THC but the judge accepted it

Wiznoski96

Wiznoski96

Awards
Right, high creatinine levels would indicate you are trying to flush toxins. There is a equation which a clinician can use in order to determine if there is a "new" marijuanna use within that individual. THC obviously diminishes if there is no new use, so if they have a base test from you they can compare it. The THC/Creatinine ratio should decrease over time if there is no new use. In other words get ready for a series of tests. Thats the only way the creatinine levels really come into play, THC levels should drop by roughly 50% within about a week, if there is not any new use. So they would need about 3, 4 test to get an accurate answer whether or not you are trying to hide something. Good times, summer internship with a couple pediatric physicians.