Stim cleanse?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I'm using Caffein 2-3 times a day and using Adderall 1-2 times a week.

I'm taking 1 day off everything.

My question is, is there anything I can take during that day to "cleanse" myself?
I heard that Benadryl can help clean your receptors but don't know if it's any truth in that?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Have a look into Revamp by SouthLand Performance.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
is there anything I can take during that day to "cleanse" myself?
A nap.

Why are you taking a single day off caffiene? I imagine tolerance wouldn't decrease without a 10-day break, as withdrawl can take 2-9 days.

Amphetamine withdrawl lasts 3-4 weeks, and the half life appears to be up to something like 31 hours... I can't imagine a single day off helps at all

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
A nap.

Why are you taking a single day off caffiene? I imagine tolerance wouldn't decrease without a 10-day break, as withdrawl can take 2-9 days.

Amphetamine withdrawl lasts 3-4 weeks, and the half life appears to be up to something like 31 hours... I can't imagine a single day off helps at all
Why I taking one day off is for my self so I don't feel like a totally junky, lol!
I don't really feel any withdrawals though and I never get a headache or anything like that during that day.

So it's nothing I can do that would help my tolerance?

Sucks, because it's no way I will stay off for weeks to do a real cleanse... It's just not gonna happen at this time

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
There's some smarter and better-informed guys here than me. Might be that someone knows something, though it will likely take a few days to get a reply since this is a less-frequented forum. I'd be interested to know myself.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
There's some smarter and better-informed guys here than me. Might be that someone knows something, though it will likely take a few days to get a reply since this is a less-frequented forum. I'd be interested to know myself.
Ok, thanks, hopefully Cooper or somebody else of that caliber will fill in soon :)

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Have a look into Revamp by SouthLand Performance.
Revamp:
Pantothenic Acid (as D-Calcium Pantothenate) 400 mg
Rhodiola rosea extract 3% rosavins, Schizandra, Licorice 150mg
Bovine Adrenal extract, Pregnenolone 150mg

Claim: "Reduces Tolerance of Caffeine and Other Stimulants. Cleanses the Adrenergic Receptors. Alleviates Dependence of Stimulants. Improves Stress Response."
==========================

Pantothenic Acid: Vitamin B5. Daily requirement can be met by 8 scoops of whey or 10oz of cheese... in most foods. Supplementation value: ???

Rhodiola rosea: Possible fatigue reduction, mood enhancer.

Schizandra: Phytoadaptogen that the Russians say helps with darn near everything.

Licorice: Um... used in traditional Chinese medicine to reduce stress?

Bovine Adrenal extract: Supposedly useless and/or harmful

Pregnenolone: Potential to improve cognitive and memory functioning. Prevents THC from causing intoxication.

This sounds like junk to me. If anything, the rhodiola and maybe schizandra might help with the couple weeks of withdrawl symptoms, but I'm not seeing a supplement that actually fixes anything.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I get it from my Dr, I need it to focus sometimes, try not to take to often though..
For focus trying taking 2g of ALCAR first thing in the morning a half hour before eating. Also make sure you get a good amount of Choline in so that you can take advantage of the extra Acetyl groups. CDP-Choline would be the best source for cognitive purposes.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a caffeine problem. I drink upwards of a 1/2-1 pot a day during the semester. It will take a lot longer than one day for CNS adenosine receptor downregulation to occur and for adrenergic receptor upregulation to occur.

Here is my suggestion - choose a period of time where you know you will need minimal stimulation. As a college professor for me those times are summer break and winter break, and to a lesser extent thanksgiving and spring break weeks. Discontinue caffeine use during those times, and then when you resume use try to drink it between times of normal cortisol spike - such as 9:30-11:30am and 2:30-4:30pm.

Br

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
PES Section -> Anabeta Elite on CBL -> Page 2 and beyond. You can repost it here if you want. I'm too tired

Natty22

Banned
Awards
Look into ndma antagonist. They reduce and with stronger ones reverse stim damage. Strong ndma could be bad for you though, so stick to magnesium (good quality like chelated not junk form thatll give you the runs)
You can take dxm for a couple days which helps a lot, taurine and agmatine also help bc both are ndma antagonist. Magnesium is the first thing to give a try. I take adderall 5 days a week and still feel it strongly.

I am prescribed and wanted to keep dosage down as low as possible so I did my research

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are prescribed Adderal,you should be taking it everyday.

No breaks,a day or 2 weeks,whatever.No breaks at all.The drug does not work that way,taking "breaks" will be detrimental to neuronal reprogramming.

I am prescribed Dexedrine myself (Adderal is a derivative of dexedrine) and I've looked into this thoroughly.

What you should be doing is dosing Adderal on a daily basis and greatly decreasing your caffeine intake to the point where you do not consume any caffeine.In short,caffeiene + adderal=bad business.

I'm using Caffein 2-3 times a day and using Adderall 1-2 times a week.

I'm taking 1 day off everything.

My question is, is there anything I can take during that day to "cleanse" myself?
I heard that Benadryl can help clean your receptors but don't know if it's any truth in that?

Natty22

Banned
Awards
F that. I know some doctors will say everyday no breaks is best, but why? Its a stim regardless and taking breaks makes it stay effective. Sorry but the whole changing brain part doesnt sound appealing when you consider how many complain about the persom they become on adderall. Breaks are good. They help your brain not forget itself. If you never take breaks you basically wanna stay on adderall for the rest of youe life.

No thanks.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Look into ndma antagonist. They reduce and with stronger ones reverse stim damage. Strong ndma could be bad for you though, so stick to magnesium (good quality like chelated not junk form thatll give you the runs)
You can take dxm for a couple days which helps a lot, taurine and agmatine also help bc both are ndma antagonist. Magnesium is the first thing to give a try. I take adderall 5 days a week and still feel it strongly.

I am prescribed and wanted to keep dosage down as low as possible so I did my research
Interesting, so I should do magnesium, taurine and agmatine everyday? With my doses of stim or some other time?

Natty22

Banned
Awards
Interesting, so I should do magnesium, taurine and agmatine everyday? With my doses of stim or some other time?
Yes that would be ideal. All will help workouts too. Magnesium is best though if you just wanna get one sup. Take everyday even on off days.

Dxm isnt really good for you but every now and then wont hurt if ur tolerance every gets crazy bad. Its found in cough meds

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Yes that would be ideal. All will help workouts too. Magnesium is best though if you just wanna get one sup. Take everyday even on off days.

Dxm isnt really good for you but every now and then wont hurt if ur tolerance every gets crazy bad. Its found in cough meds
Ok cool, I get some magnesium then since I already have the other stuff.

I gonna look in to Dxm also.

Thanks!

Btw how much Adderall do you take?
I used to get a "Matrix" effect from 20mg but not really anymore, I don't really want to go higher but I miss that effect... ;)

Natty22

Banned
Awards
Ok cool, I get some magnesium then since I already have the other stuff.

I gonna look in to Dxm also.

Thanks!

Btw how much Adderall do you take?
I used to get a "Matrix" effect from 20mg but not really anymore, I don't really want to go higher but I miss that effect... ;)
Get doctors best magnesium. It doesnt effect my stomach at all and is supposed to absorb well.

Deff try dxm cheap at walmart

20mg a day 5 days a week. Monday I still get that matrix effect. So yeah man. If u really only take 2 day a week you should significantly help toleeance. Keep in mind pre workouts use stims similar to amphetamines, so cross tolerance is possible. Like that one stim they just banned(originally found in jacked) was structurally similar to amphetamines. That deff effected my tolerance.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Deff try dxm cheap at walmart
Is that same as in Benadryl?
The reason I ask about Benadryl is because it was recommended to take that with Clen to "clean" the receptors, don't now if it would work for this?

Btw I found some Dxm in some cough medicine we had, how do I use it?

Natty22

Banned
Awards
The reason I ask about Benadryl is because it was recommended to take that with Clen to "clean" the receptors, don't now if it would work for this?

Yeah dxm is in benadryle I believe which is the only reason I would think someone would tell u to take that.

And honestly just take according to directions of the bottle..the maxium dosage..you could excede the max dosage as far as dxm content, but all the other stuff in the meds isnt the best for you. And just do that for like 3 days while not consuming any stims...should help tolerance a lot! Especially when u add in magnesium

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I really do not understand how benadryl which antagonizes histamine receptors (and as a result also makes you sleepy, since histamine is stimulating) has much to do directly with preventing the downregulation of beta-adrenergic receptors which is agonizes (activated) by clen and other bronchodialator type stimulants (ephdrine).

I am pretty sure dxm is something totally different from pure benadryl.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ismt DXM the active in cold medicine that kids were abusing a while back?

Natty22

Banned
Awards
Yeah benadryl has other crap in it u dont want. Its hard to just find dxm bc kids were abusing it. I am not talking about downing a whole bottle though.

It reduces tolerance bc its an antagonist if ndma receptors while adderall is an agonist. Adderall lets excess calcium ions enter your brain and basically an antagonist prevents that. Now stronger antagonist such as dxm will even reverse damage that agonist have done.

..basically something like that.

Natty22

Banned
Awards
And magnesium is slight ndma antagonist, but it prevents tolerance just by preventing excess calcium in the first place.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah benadryl has other crap in it u dont want. Its hard to just find dxm bc kids were abusing it. I am not talking about downing a whole bottle though.

It reduces tolerance bc its an antagonist if ndma receptors while adderall is an agonist. Adderall lets excess calcium ions enter your brain and basically an antagonist prevents that. Now stronger antagonist such as dxm will even reverse damage that agonist have done.

..basically something like that.
I am still not sure how that would result in receptor upregulation and preventing a tolerance effect to amphetamines such as Adderall? I am curious, do you have more information, or is this simply a brotail?

Natty22

Banned
Awards
I could find the articles I read up on, but I really dont feel like it. You dont have to believe me. All I know id that my tolerance stays low and I take my addy 5 days out of the week.

If you want, do a google search on nmda antagonist and amphetamines. If it doesnt reverse damage it sure has cept damage low. This is my personal expirience.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I could find the articles I read up on, but I really dont feel like it. You dont have to believe me. All I know id that my tolerance stays low and I take my addy 5 days out of the week.

If you want, do a google search on nmda antagonist and amphetamines. If it doesnt reverse damage it sure has cept damage low. This is my personal expirience.
Hey, I did dose Argenine, Taurine with 10mg of Adderall today and I did get better effect than I usually get from that amount!
I got Magnesium also (500mg) but I been dosing that before bed, that should be alright right?

Natty22

Banned
Awards
Awesomw to hear that!
I take the magnesium before bed myself. Sometimes I do morning and night if I do more addy (im prescribed 30mg usually only take 20)

Keep on it with the magnesium bro and yull keep that tolerance in check!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Awesomw to hear that!
I take the magnesium before bed myself. Sometimes I do morning and night if I do more addy (im prescribed 30mg usually only take 20)

Keep on it with the magnesium bro and yull keep that tolerance in check!
Cool, thanks!

Btw if I take 20mg in the morning a crash midday, do you feel the same or are you good the whole day? You taking the regular right, not XR?

Natty22

Banned
Awards
No I seem to crash too, bc I instant release. Thats why I am technically supposed to take multiple doses. Only fix is vyvanse or extended release addy.

I really dont crash though I just loose the effects. Eating before taking nay help..like making sure you have carbs throughout the day also.

Technically the half life of addy isnt that long so it shouldnt last he whole day

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
What you're looking for is something to rebuild your adrenal glands, which get depleted with long term use of stims.

Licorice, he shoue wu, rhodilia, shizandra, cordyceps...more sea salt, good fats

It's not going to rebuild rome in a day, but it's better in the long run.