I have a few questions. - AnabolicMinds.com

I have a few questions.

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have a few questions.

I've learned alot these last few years and I have some questions.

Why does insulin get the blame for fat storage? Why do people still use the glycemic index considering your body will have the same insulin response from oatmeal as icecream?

What is a good reason for a natural athlete to take an ai Especally due to low estrogen meaning low igf1 levels which is one major pathway of muscle growth?
    Also note it takes about 1.5 to 2x the normal e2 to see water retention.

Why spike protein with additional amino acids?
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

the gainz bro.. the gainz
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

What is a good reason for a natural athlete to take an ai Especally due to low estrogen meaning low igf1 levels which is one major pathway of muscle growth?
    Interesting.. Hopefully someone can answer that
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarchib View Post

Interesting.. Hopefully someone can answer that
    Probably not. Im also interested in what are the negative effects of lowering shbg
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Probably not. Im also interested in what are the negative effects of lowering shbg
    Are there for sure negative effects? Hopefully the pros outweigh the cons. I've been trying to supplement to lower shbg to free up some T so I'd be interested in hearing someone's take on that as well.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Are there for sure negative effects? Hopefully the pros outweigh the cons. I've been trying to supplement to lower shbg to free up some T so I'd be interested in hearing someone's take on that as well.
    What have you been supplementing with in attempt to lower SHBG?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVitamin View Post
    What have you been supplementing with in attempt to lower SHBG?
    As of right now, nothing out of the ordinary, just Vitamin D. I've been meaning to do more research into it but I keep getting side-tracked. However, I'm the type of person that is rarely in the sun, even in the summer. So Vitamin D supplementation is significant for me considering I'm not nearly where my natural production levels should be. I'm sure you know vitamin D's effects considering your name is "MultiVitamin" but here's a decent study that I found...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712348/
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

As of right now, nothing out of the ordinary, just Vitamin D. I've been meaning to do more research into it but I keep getting side-tracked. However, I'm the type of person that is rarely in the sun, even in the summer. So Vitamin D supplementation is significant for me considering I'm not nearly where my natural production levels should be. I'm sure you know vitamin D's effects considering your name is "MultiVitamin" but here's a decent study that I found...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712348/
    Thanks man. You should give either nettle root, boron, or avena stativa a look
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVitamin View Post

Thanks man. You should give either nettle root, boron, or avena stativa a look
    Cool, ill check them out. Thanks
  10. New Member

I've learned alot these last few years and I have some questions. Why does insulin get the blame for fat storage? Why do people still use the glycemic index considering your body will have the same insulin response from oatmeal as icecream? What is a good reason for a natural athlete to take an ai Especally due to low estrogen meaning low igf1 levels which is one major pathway of muscle growth? Also note it takes about 1.5 to 2x the normal e2 to see water retention. Why spike protein with additional amino acids?
    I addressed this in another thread. Everything I have ever read and so called "learned" was that simple carbs (sugar and such) releases insulin and complex carbs keep it at bay? Definitely need to do some more research on this topic.. You got me thinking the other day!!
  11. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've learned alot these last few years and I have some questions.

Why does insulin get the blame for fat storage?
    Could be because of several things such as lack of understanding, following what everyone else says, etc. Most likely is because people want a bad guy and insulin is a easy thing to demonize

Why do people still use the glycemic index considering your body will have the same insulin response from oatmeal as icecream?
    No clue. Old habits die hard? In the fitness/health lifestyle most decisions are made based on belief-emotional-based instead of evidence based

Cuz all the bros say estrogen is bad and makes you fat. This is similar to insulin, an easy target for people to lay the blame upon

Why spike protein with additional amino acids?
    Profits brah!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Cuz all the bros say estrogen is bad and makes you fat. This is similar to insulin, an easy target for people to lay the blame upon
    Yes, the only real reason I could see a natural wanting to decrease estrogen, is in attempt to also lower SHBG (or because it was pimped on them.) Aside from using a product like Erase for the likes simply or a hardening effect.

Estrogen is beneficial in many ways. Low E levels can actually be a bad thing (for both muscle growth & libido).
    BPS Rep
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to ketogenic diet - have a few questions
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 09:36 PM
  2. New, and Have a Few Questions
    By TonyB84 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 04:08 PM
  3. blood work, i have a few questions about it
    By Uncle Luke in forum Post Cycle Therapy