I have a few questions.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've learned alot these last few years and I have some questions.

Why does insulin get the blame for fat storage? Why do people still use the glycemic index considering your body will have the same insulin response from oatmeal as icecream?

What is a good reason for a natural athlete to take an ai Especally due to low estrogen meaning low igf1 levels which is one major pathway of muscle growth?
Also note it takes about 1.5 to 2x the normal e2 to see water retention.

Why spike protein with additional amino acids?

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
What is a good reason for a natural athlete to take an ai Especally due to low estrogen meaning low igf1 levels which is one major pathway of muscle growth?
Interesting.. Hopefully someone can answer that

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting.. Hopefully someone can answer that
Probably not. Im also interested in what are the negative effects of lowering shbg

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Probably not. Im also interested in what are the negative effects of lowering shbg
Are there for sure negative effects? Hopefully the pros outweigh the cons. I've been trying to supplement to lower shbg to free up some T so I'd be interested in hearing someone's take on that as well.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Are there for sure negative effects? Hopefully the pros outweigh the cons. I've been trying to supplement to lower shbg to free up some T so I'd be interested in hearing someone's take on that as well.
What have you been supplementing with in attempt to lower SHBG?

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
What have you been supplementing with in attempt to lower SHBG?
As of right now, nothing out of the ordinary, just Vitamin D. I've been meaning to do more research into it but I keep getting side-tracked. However, I'm the type of person that is rarely in the sun, even in the summer. So Vitamin D supplementation is significant for me considering I'm not nearly where my natural production levels should be. I'm sure you know vitamin D's effects considering your name is "MultiVitamin" but here's a decent study that I found...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712348/

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
As of right now, nothing out of the ordinary, just Vitamin D. I've been meaning to do more research into it but I keep getting side-tracked. However, I'm the type of person that is rarely in the sun, even in the summer. So Vitamin D supplementation is significant for me considering I'm not nearly where my natural production levels should be. I'm sure you know vitamin D's effects considering your name is "MultiVitamin" but here's a decent study that I found...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712348/
Thanks man. You should give either nettle root, boron, or avena stativa a look

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
I've learned alot these last few years and I have some questions. Why does insulin get the blame for fat storage? Why do people still use the glycemic index considering your body will have the same insulin response from oatmeal as icecream? What is a good reason for a natural athlete to take an ai Especally due to low estrogen meaning low igf1 levels which is one major pathway of muscle growth? Also note it takes about 1.5 to 2x the normal e2 to see water retention. Why spike protein with additional amino acids?
I addressed this in another thread. Everything I have ever read and so called "learned" was that simple carbs (sugar and such) releases insulin and complex carbs keep it at bay? Definitely need to do some more research on this topic.. You got me thinking the other day!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've learned alot these last few years and I have some questions.

Why does insulin get the blame for fat storage?
Could be because of several things such as lack of understanding, following what everyone else says, etc. Most likely is because people want a bad guy and insulin is a easy thing to demonize

Why do people still use the glycemic index considering your body will have the same insulin response from oatmeal as icecream?
No clue. Old habits die hard? In the fitness/health lifestyle most decisions are made based on belief-emotional-based instead of evidence based

Cuz all the bros say estrogen is bad and makes you fat. This is similar to insulin, an easy target for people to lay the blame upon

Why spike protein with additional amino acids?
Profits brah!

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Cuz all the bros say estrogen is bad and makes you fat. This is similar to insulin, an easy target for people to lay the blame upon
Yes, the only real reason I could see a natural wanting to decrease estrogen, is in attempt to also lower SHBG (or because it was pimped on them.) Aside from using a product like Erase for the likes simply or a hardening effect.

Estrogen is beneficial in many ways. Low E levels can actually be a bad thing (for both muscle growth & libido).