Agmatine , NO enhancer or???

milkman4d4

Awards
I was pretty sure agmatine, a product of arginine decarboxylation, increases nitric oxide production.. am I mistranslating something here?Regulation of inducible nitric oxide syntha... [Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI[/url][h=3]Abstract[/h]Agmatine is a novel endogenous guanido amine synthesized from arginine by arginine decarboxylase. Among several biologic effects, the ability of agmatine to protect against ischemic injury and chronic neuropathic pain is particularly interesting. Because inflammation is a common contributor to these conditions, we sought to determine if agmatine acts by decreasing the production of proinflammatory molecules such as nitric oxide and if agmatine synthesis is regulated by inflammatory stimuli. We tested whether agmatine affects astroglial and macrophage (RAW 264.7 cell line) nitric oxide synthase-2 (NOS-2) expression. NOS-2 was induced in these cells by incubation with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) plus three cytokines for astrocytes and LPS alone for RAW 264.7 cells in the presence and absence of varying concentrations of agmatine. NOS-2 activity was assessed after 24 hours by nitrite accumulation in the culture media. Agmatine dose-dependently inhibited nitrite accumulation, and shorter incubation with agmatine (1 and 4 hours) also caused significant reduction. Agmatine decreased the expression of NOS-2 activity and NOS-2 protein as determined by immunoblot analysis. Incubation of astrocytes and RAW 264.7 cells with LPS/cytokines for 2 hours resulted in an increase in arginine decarboxylase (ADC) activity, whereas longer-term incubation (12-17 hours) lowered ADC activity. Agmatine levels in these cells are increased after 6-hour incubation with LPS/cytokines. These results show that agmatine inhibits the production of nitric oxide by decreasing the activity of NOS-2 in macrophages and astroglial cells by decreasing the levels of NOS-2 protein. These findings provide a molecular basis for the neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory actions of agmatine.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
NO has a multitude of roles in the body and is produced by a multitude of NOS isoforms. You are specifically citing iNOS, which is a great thing to lower for most purposes.

Agmatine, btw, is a vasodilator, not an NO booster

davidmma

Awards
  • Established
peso erase cycle

I just finished my 2 erase pro bottle. My question for you is can I start an xgels cycle right after

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
googlealchemi

googlealchemi

Awards
NO has a multitude of roles in the body and is produced by a multitude of NOS isoforms. You are specifically citing iNOS, which is a great thing to lower for most purposes.

Agmatine, btw, is a vasodilator, not an NO booster

So this is yet another case of supplement companies putting out bs information either due to ignorance or on purpose? As all the supp descriptions harp on about it boosting NO.

if that's that case, do we need to take something else for NO boost or is that irrelevant as long as vasodilation occurs? thinking in terms of benefits from strength, muscle, health, sex, etc

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So this is yet another case of supplement companies putting out bs information either due to ignorance or on purpose? As all the supp descriptions harp on about it boosting NO.

if that's that case, do we need to take something else for NO boost or is that irrelevant as long as vasodilation occurs? thinking in terms of benefits from strength, muscle, health, sex, etc
Vasodilation is the endpoint you want. I don't think any company is trying to BS you. AGmatine is fairly new and highly pleiotropic

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I think it has more to do with the assumption that pump ='s only NO boost.

googlealchemi

googlealchemi

Awards
Vasodilation is the endpoint you want. I don't think any company is trying to BS you. AGmatine is fairly new and highly pleiotropic
cool, thanks for that.

is there separate benefit from boosting NO specifically?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
cool, thanks for that.

is there separate benefit from boosting NO specifically?
Not really. It's a free radical and has some neurological properties if released in proper proximity (short halflife)

unzarida

Awards
Not really. It's a free radical and has some neurological properties if released in proper proximity (short halflife)
Agmatine has baffled me in it's mechanisms of action. Do you think someone suffering from Raynaud's phenomenon would benefit from Agmatine supplementation? Older studies show that L-arginine is helpful, which we now know is not responsible for increases in nitric oxide production, but whether or not agmatine would help is out of my reading comprehension. :think:

googlealchemi

googlealchemi

Awards
Is that good or bad neuro props?

This whole time I was under the impression it wad directly responsible for vasodilation as well as positive benefits to the vessel walls. I'm going to start catching up on all your coops corners which I just learned about. Thanks