DMAA reversly affect pump

  1. DMAA reversly affect pump


    I Remember in one of the threads Cooper mentioned taking ephedrine with pre workout pump supplements will not diminish the pump effect. What about DMAA? Is it the same story? Or should DMAA Be avoided with pump products or pre workout?


  2. I'd say that *most* people who have used, or currently use DMAA, do so in conjunction with some type of "pump product" / pre-workout.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post
    I Remember in one of the threads Cooper mentioned taking ephedrine with pre workout pump supplements will not diminish the pump effect. What about DMAA? Is it the same story? Or should DMAA Be avoided with pump products or pre workout?
    You should be fine..I believe they both work via the b2 receptor and thus induce peripheral skeletal vasodilation. Also it stimulates the a1 receptor, but to a much lesser degree.

    edit: It's worth mentioning that ephedrine and DMAA should not be used together.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    You should be fine..I believe they both work via the b2 receptor and thus induce peripheral skeletal vasodilation. Also it stimulates the a1 receptor, but to a much lesser degree.

    edit: It's worth mentioning that ephedrine and DMAA should not be used together.
    This is quite incorrect.

    Ephedrine is a b2 agonist (vasodilator). DMAA is a NE reuptake inhibitor, and NE chiefly agonizes a1. Thus, it is a vasoconstrictor.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This is quite incorrect. Ephedrine is a b2 agonist (vasodilator). DMAA is a NE reuptake inhibitor, and NE chiefly agonizes a1. Thus, it is a vasoconstrictor.
    Then it sounds like taking DMAA with NO/pump products is not a good idea. However Jack 3-D and other products containing DMAA used to be very popular and people seems feeling the benefit of both product when used together (I never used these together so I can't bring up any personal experience). Is there any explanation to that or is this just placebo effect? Is it better not be used in conjunction?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post
    Then it sounds like taking DMAA with NO/pump products is not a good idea. However Jack 3-D and other products containing DMAA used to be very popular and people seems feeling the benefit of both product when used together (I never used these together so I can't bring up any personal experience). Is there any explanation to that or is this just placebo effect? Is it better not be used in conjunction?
    You have it backwards. Taking it with something like, say, nitrates, would alleviate symptoms of elevated total peripheral resistance
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This is quite incorrect.

    Ephedrine is a b2 agonist (vasodilator). DMAA is a NE reuptake inhibitor, and NE chiefly agonizes a1. Thus, it is a vasoconstrictor.
    I stand corrected. So NE (a1 cells) is primarily a vasoconstrictor, and the beta2 agonism of Ephedrine release Epi (vaso-dilator)

    Quick question: Would stimulation of the b2 increase renin secretion from the kidney?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. tumeric's affects on muscle pumps if any
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 11:26 AM
  2. Funny ninja story to get you super pumped/pissed
    By ex_banana-eater in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 01:29 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2002, 09:39 PM
  4. Pumping Iron Special
    By deaconbill in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-19-2002, 08:25 PM
  5. full pumps
    By sage in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2002, 06:57 PM
Log in
Log in