Top 5 performance supps?

  1. Registered User
    alwaysfirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    181482

    Top 5 performance supps?


    What would the top supplements be for pure performance, pre contest or any type of race be?

  2. Registered User
    liftandeat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    111439

    Creatine to name one
  3. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9,086
    Rep Power
    629304

    Creatine monohydrate
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Well you need to pick one specific event. Pre-race will differ from pre-contest
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Registered User
    alwaysfirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    181482

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Well you need to pick one specific event. Pre-race will differ from pre-contest
    Not pre contest as in BB but maybe as in power lifting, any explosive competetion like martial arts, wrestling, football, running etc.
  6. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Not pre contest as in BB but maybe as in power lifting, any explosive competetion like martial arts, wrestling, football, running etc.
    Ok, pre-explosive movement: creatine, betaine, arachidonic acid, amentoflavone, caffeine
    Pre-endurance: beta-alanine, nitrates, citrulline, rhodiola rosea, caffeine
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. mw1
    mw1 is online now
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,681
    Rep Power
    3211220

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ok, pre-explosive movement: creatine, betaine, arachidonic acid, amentoflavone, caffeine
    Pre-endurance: beta-alanine, nitrates, citrulline, rhodiola rosea, caffeine
    Funny I have never felt much from Rhodiola except some heart burn~~ though I was never able to narrow it down that that being the culprit

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  8. Registered User
    The Engineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    156808

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ok, pre-explosive movement: creatine, betaine, arachidonic acid, amentoflavone, caffeine
    Pre-endurance: beta-alanine, nitrates, citrulline, rhodiola rosea, caffeine
    I've seen it in App Nut's Beta Test. It looks interesting. Are there any other products or just a standalone where we can find it?
  9. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    I've seen it in App Nut's Beta Test. It looks interesting. Are there any other products or just a standalone where we can find it?
    "it" being?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Registered User
    The Engineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    156808

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    "it" being?
    Crap. I got finals on the brain.

    I was referring to amentoflavone.
  11. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    Crap. I got finals on the brain.

    I was referring to amentoflavone.
    Betatest or uncut
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Registered User
    AppJeff's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    292492

    I'd add COP into the mix as well
  13. Registered User
    alwaysfirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    181482

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ok, pre-explosive movement: creatine, betaine, arachidonic acid, amentoflavone, caffeine
    Pre-endurance: beta-alanine, nitrates, citrulline, rhodiola rosea, caffeine
    Very cool, thanks!
  14. Registered User
    alwaysfirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    181482

    Quote Originally Posted by AppJeff View Post
    I'd add COP into the mix as well
    Sorry but what is COP?
  15. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,156
    Rep Power
    6628015

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post

    Sorry but what is COP?
    creatinol-o-phosphate
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  16. Registered User
    alwaysfirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    181482

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    creatinol-o-phosphate
    Of cause, silly me
  17. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,133
    Rep Power
    1131956

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Not pre contest as in BB but maybe as in power lifting, any explosive competetion like martial arts, wrestling, football, running etc.
    I train MMA and used to powerlift. For me, the staples are creatine mono, agmatine, rhodiola, vit D, and fish oil.
  18. Registered User
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    brb, buffet
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,268
    Rep Power
    234822

    creatine and caffeine IMO
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  19. Registered User
    jerseyswol's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    82249

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    creatine and caffeine IMO
    If we're talking straight ingredients and not a product then I second this
  20. Registered User
    alwaysfirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    181482

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I train MMA and used to powerlift. For me, the staples are creatine mono, agmatine, rhodiola, vit D, and fish oil.
    I never really got anything from Rhodiola, what do you "feel" from it?

    Everybody seems to like creatine, how should I dose it? Never been a fan before but willing to give it another try
  21. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,133
    Rep Power
    1131956

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    I never really got anything from Rhodiola, what do you "feel" from it?

    Everybody seems to like creatine, how should I dose it? Never been a fan before but willing to give it another try
    This question seems to come up a lot lately now that rhodiola is gaining popularity. Initially the "feel" will be a boost of energy. If too much is consumed, then that can turn into real lethargy because there is a bell curve. You need to assess the right dose for you (I like 200-250 2x a day). After a couple weeks, the energy boost feeling subsides and then there isn't much "feel", but rather a sustained energy level throughout the day. It also helps your body adapt and combat stress as it is a powerful adaptogen. In turn, you get more out of sleep, fight cortisol, and don't get the lulls that many people do throughout the day.

    I added it in about 8 years ago and I used to suffer from what I call "drag ass" because I was in a very hard training mode and I'd just drag ass all the time because my body always needed more rest no matter how much I gave it. Rhodiola was recommended by a guy I was training with and within 2-3 weeks, I found that I was getting more energy throughout the day and sleeping better. Then I realized I was able to deal with stress better and not get bogged down.

    Hope that helps. It is a great supplement that I highly recommend.
  22. Registered User
    TooNatty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    9

    Creatine and caffeine are my top two.
  23. Registered User
    mike0589's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    3437

    Creatine, Ubiquinol and Quercetin.
  24. Registered User
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toy Town
    Posts
    5,315
    Rep Power
    954753

    caffeine, potassium nitrate, creatine.....really tons of stuff out there
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  25. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,133
    Rep Power
    1131956

    Citrulline, Follidrone, potassium nitrate
    Black Lion Research Representative
  26. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513130

    Forskohlin 125 mg per day with Rhodiola or ginseng(s). PeptoPro/EAA combo is also the bomb for endurance.
  27. Registered User
    jarrellt67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    15707

    Cordyceps, American Ginseng and Rhodiola
  28. Registered User
    johnnybeegood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    72231

    dmaa and agmatine
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    I'm feelin the love.
  29. Registered User
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    canada, ontario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,860
    Rep Power
    3378681

    Creatine Monohydrate
    Creatinol-o-phosphate
    Beta-Alanine
    L-Citrulline
    Caffeine
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  30. Registered User
    TheMovement's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,435
    Rep Power
    1447812

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Creatine Monohydrate
    Creatinol-o-phosphate
    Beta-Alanine
    L-Citrulline
    Caffeine
    Why no Betaine?
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
  31. Registered User
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    canada, ontario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,860
    Rep Power
    3378681

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Why no Betaine?
    Well thats my top 5, I personally notice better effects with the 5 I mentioned compared to Betaine.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  32. Registered User
    GQNemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,967
    Rep Power
    510994

    Beatine + cOp + xgels
    S.n.S team member
  33. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    goose creek, sc
    Posts
    9,340
    Rep Power
    2533509

    Anything from herbalife or shakeology
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  34. Registered User
    TheMovement's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,435
    Rep Power
    1447812

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Well thats my top 5, I personally notice better effects with the 5 I mentioned compared to Betaine.
    Oh gotcha

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Anything from herbalife or shakeology
    You Sir have to have bumped your noggin lol
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
  35. Registered User
    ELROCK's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    625
    Rep Power
    333626

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    What would the top supplements be for pure performance, pre contest or any type of race be?
    Follidrone, Citrulline malate, creatine, agmatine & amentoflavone
  36. Registered User
    GreenMachineX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  267 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    457
    Rep Power
    173865

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    This question seems to come up a lot lately now that rhodiola is gaining popularity. Initially the "feel" will be a boost of energy. If too much is consumed, then that can turn into real lethargy because there is a bell curve. You need to assess the right dose for you (I like 200-250 2x a day). After a couple weeks, the energy boost feeling subsides and then there isn't much "feel", but rather a sustained energy level throughout the day. It also helps your body adapt and combat stress as it is a powerful adaptogen. In turn, you get more out of sleep, fight cortisol, and don't get the lulls that many people do throughout the day.

    I added it in about 8 years ago and I used to suffer from what I call "drag ass" because I was in a very hard training mode and I'd just drag ass all the time because my body always needed more rest no matter how much I gave it. Rhodiola was recommended by a guy I was training with and within 2-3 weeks, I found that I was getting more energy throughout the day and sleeping better. Then I realized I was able to deal with stress better and not get bogged down.

    Hope that helps. It is a great supplement that I highly recommend.
    Any particular brands you prefer?
  37. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,090
    Rep Power
    932047

    Creatine mono, HMB-FA, Arachidonic Acid, Betaine Anhydrous and 5th would have to be either beta alanine or COP.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Top 5 supps youd LIKE TO SEE IN FUTURE
    By JN230 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 06:28 PM
  2. Primordial Performance Supps
    By bigCountry000 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
  3. Everyone's Top 3 Supps/Stacks for Fall/Winter
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 11:55 PM
  4. Top 5 supps
    By ranel2220 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
  5. Saw Carrot top perform in vegas...
    By andro69 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in