Sulforaphane Inhibits Myostatin?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Sulforaphane Inhibits Myostatin?


    From ergo-log:
    Cauliflower, broccoli & bodybuilders

    If we were to do some anecdotal testing of our own using Swanson's Sulforaphane (Swanson GreenFoods Formulas Sulforaphane from Broccoli - 100% Natural 400 mcg 60 Veg Caps - Swanson Health Products) what would be the necessary dose required to recreate the tests?


  2. gonna start downing pounds of both now
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site
    •   
       


  3. Molecular Weight 177.25 - Therapeutic dose of 0.25-1ul so you'd need about 10mg but no more than 25mg daily else you start ruin stem cells.
    400mcg * 60 capsules = 24mg .. so you'd need to take one bottle daily. I'd look for another supplement between 10-25mg NOT mcg.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by aLinux View Post
    Molecular Weight 177.25 - Therapeutic dose of 0.25-1ul so you'd need about 10mg but no more than 25mg daily else you start ruin stem cells.
    400mcg * 60 capsules = 24mg .. so you'd need to take one bottle daily. I'd look for another supplement between 10-25mg NOT mcg.
    Seems like our only sources then are pharma research companies.

  5. This one here (30mg a capsule) should be good-to-go: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/jarro...mg-60-veg-caps I read somewhere else that we can use up to 75mg daily but I'd still
    stick to around 30-60mg if that's true. I think I'll try that brand - give it a shot as well. Anything that helps lower Mystoatin plus all the other benefits of sulforaphane
    is worth a try.
    •   
       


  6. This was a test tube study...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    This was a test tube study...
    just because it was in vitro doesnt mean it should be totally written off
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  8. There seems to be some evidence that there is some health gains, and the product is cheep enough it's worth a try. I think I will pick up a bottle and try a pill pre and post workout.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    From ergo-log:
    Cauliflower, broccoli & bodybuilders

    If we were to do some anecdotal testing of our own using Swanson's Sulforaphane (Swanson GreenFoods Formulas Sulforaphane from Broccoli - 100% Natural 400 mcg 60 Veg Caps - Swanson Health Products) what would be the necessary dose required to recreate the tests?
    these supps are not very good since they contain the sulforaphane in a form which cannot be absorbed well

    Its better to buy broccoli sprouts and eat them

    the tests were done in-vitro so extrapolation to human in vivo dose is too difficult to predict without information regarding bioavalabilty, disposition in tissues, half life etc
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  10. Quote Originally Posted by aLinux View Post
    Molecular Weight 177.25 - Therapeutic dose of 0.25-1ul so you'd need about 10mg but no more than 25mg daily else you start ruin stem cells.
    .
    explain how you made that calculation

    how is a unit of volume a dosage to begin with
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  11. I have researched this way more than any of you guys so trust me when i say the way to go is to buy this from the store and try to eat a package a day

    http://www.broccosprouts.com/
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  12. where can you find those^
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  13. i will look at hyvee
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  14. you should be able to find them at most supermarkets. broccoli seed or sprout suppleemnts dont work because the sulforaphane is stuck in an unusuable form. live broccoli sprouts release the enzyme myrosinase which then frees up the sulforaphane
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  15. they have to be pretty expensive no?
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  16. I bought myo x for $70 but i dont know if it worked for me.. maybe it was placebo, my joints definitely started hurting after two weeks of taking this as a side effect.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    I have researched this way more than any of you guys so trust me when i say the way to go is to buy this from the store and try to eat a package a day

    http://www.broccosprouts.com/
    Hey this seems pretty legit,i wonder how much are they for..

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post
    I bought myo x for $70 but i dont know if it worked for me.. maybe it was placebo, my joints definitely started hurting after two weeks of taking this as a side effect.
    placebo for sure, there is no supplement that will lower myostatin. they dont even have pharmaceutical drugs that will do that yet
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  19. Mountain Rose Herbs, a website I buy many bulk powders from, carries Broccoli sprouting Seeds.

    I bought them and am soaking them now, and they should start sprouting in a couple of days.

    More to follow.

    FWIW - my experience with Jarrow supplements has been very, very good, and I see them as a provider of high quality/cost effective products.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    placebo for sure, there is no supplement that will lower myostatin. they dont even have pharmaceutical drugs that will do that yet
    thats not true, many drugs have been shown to do that (clen, AAS) as welll as creatine and just recently the active isomer of the beta blocker pindolol

    none of these are target specific for myostatin though
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Mountain Rose Herbs, a website I buy many bulk powders from, carries Broccoli sprouting Seeds.

    I bought them and am soaking them now, and they should start sprouting in a couple of days.

    More to follow.

    FWIW - my experience with Jarrow supplements has been very, very good, and I see them as a provider of high quality/cost effective products.
    you need the johns hopkins seeds from Caudill Sprouting. They were engineered to be high in sulforaphane precursor
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post

    thats not true, many drugs have been shown to do that (clen, AAS) as welll as creatine and just recently the active isomer of the beta blocker pindolol

    none of these are target specific for myostatin though
    Creatine decreases myostatin?? I don't believe it..

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post
    Creatine decreases myostatin?? I don't believe it..
    REsistance exercise decreases myostatin and resistance exercise combined with creatine reduces it even more. you need to take myostatin into perspective - many things which help promote muscle mass effect a variety of signalling molecules to some extent. Its different than dramatic pharmaceutical reduction or induction of one of those molecules though


    Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010 Apr 12;317(1-2):25-30. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2009.12.019. Epub 2009 Dec 22.
    Effects of oral creatine and resistance training on serum myostatin and GASP-1.
    Saremi A, Gharakhanloo R, Sharghi S, Gharaati MR, Larijani B, Omidfar K.
    Source
    Department of Sport Science, Arak University, Arak, Iran.
    Abstract
    Myostatin is a catabolic regulator of skeletal muscle mass. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of resistance training for 8 weeks in conjunction with creatine supplementation on muscle strength, lean body mass, and serum levels of myostatin and growth and differentiation factor-associated serum protein-1 (GASP-1). In a double-blinded design 27 healthy male subjects (23.42+/-2.2 years) were assigned to control (CON), resistance training+placebo (RT+PL) and resistance training+creatine supplementation (RT+CR) groups. The protocol consisted of 3 days per week of training for 8 weeks, each session including three sets of 8-10 repetitions at 60-70% of 1 RM for whole-body exercise. Blood sampling, muscular strength testing and body composition analysis (full body DEXA) were performed at 0, 4th and 8th weeks. Myostatin and GASP-1 was measured. Resistance training caused significant decrease in serum levels of myostatin and increase in that of GASP-1. Creatine supplementation in conjunction with resistance training lead to greater decreases in serum myostatin (p<0.05), but had not additional effect on GASP-1 (p>0.05). The effects of resistance training on serum levels of myostatin and GASP-1, may explain the increased muscle mass that is amplified by creatine supplementation.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  24. Glad to see your pretty face here again PA. How is the new new Clearshot coming along?
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post

    REsistance exercise decreases myostatin and resistance exercise combined with creatine reduces it even more. you need to take myostatin into perspective - many things which help promote muscle mass effect a variety of signalling molecules to some extent. Its different than dramatic pharmaceutical reduction or induction of one of those molecules though

    Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010 Apr 12;317(1-2):25-30. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2009.12.019. Epub 2009 Dec 22.
    Effects of oral creatine and resistance training on serum myostatin and GASP-1.
    Saremi A, Gharakhanloo R, Sharghi S, Gharaati MR, Larijani B, Omidfar K.
    Source
    Department of Sport Science, Arak University, Arak, Iran.
    Abstract
    Myostatin is a catabolic regulator of skeletal muscle mass. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of resistance training for 8 weeks in conjunction with creatine supplementation on muscle strength, lean body mass, and serum levels of myostatin and growth and differentiation factor-associated serum protein-1 (GASP-1). In a double-blinded design 27 healthy male subjects (23.42+/-2.2 years) were assigned to control (CON), resistance training+placebo (RT+PL) and resistance training+creatine supplementation (RT+CR) groups. The protocol consisted of 3 days per week of training for 8 weeks, each session including three sets of 8-10 repetitions at 60-70% of 1 RM for whole-body exercise. Blood sampling, muscular strength testing and body composition analysis (full body DEXA) were performed at 0, 4th and 8th weeks. Myostatin and GASP-1 was measured. Resistance training caused significant decrease in serum levels of myostatin and increase in that of GASP-1. Creatine supplementation in conjunction with resistance training lead to greater decreases in serum myostatin (p<0.05), but had not additional effect on GASP-1 (p>0.05). The effects of resistance training on serum levels of myostatin and GASP-1, may explain the increased muscle mass that is amplified by creatine supplementation.
    What about stat3 Inhibitors?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    thats not true, many drugs have been shown to do that (clen, AAS) as welll as creatine and just recently the active isomer of the beta blocker pindolol

    none of these are target specific for myostatin though
    exactly my point, nothing that targets it specifically
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  27. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    What about stat3 Inhibitors?

    apparently they have that ability
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  28. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    exactly my point, nothing that targets it specifically
    most anabolic drugs effect a variety of systems so it makes me wonder if a drug that just targets myostatin would be so great. Unless it just really knocked it out
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  29. ...
    Last edited by Vj63; 12-14-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: missed quotation

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    I have researched this way more than any of you guys so trust me when i say the way to go is to buy this from the store and try to eat a package a day
    I take offense to this this statement.
    I have spent at least 10 minutes, if not 15 scouring the research on this matter bro.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Myostatin inhibition
    By jimbuick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 10:36 PM
  2. Myostatin Inhibition - again!
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 09:56 AM
  3. Sulforaphane Inhibits Lung Metastasis
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 02:48 AM
  4. Myostatin Binders/Blockers---Next Scam!
    By Blindfaith in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 04:19 PM
Log in
Log in