Best form of Choline?

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
For use with carnitine, and with science to back it up, what is the best form of choline? Choline citrate, Alpha GPC or CDP-Choline?

BlackWinging

Awards
Choline Maximizes Carnitine Retention + Effects. Together, These Supplements May Promote Fat Loss + Lean Mass Gains and Promote Metabolic & Brain Health - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

They used choline bitartrate in the studies in the link, and considering that's the cheapest option I'd just go with that or choline citrate. Alpha-GPC and Citicoline are definitely better forms, but if you're using choline only to increase carnitine retention then they are unnecessary.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
CDP-Choline is the best for cognitive purposes, but for carnitine recomposition, go with bitartrate/citrate

envythahustla

Awards
Coop, would Alpha GPC be a 1b type of thing? I know a lot of people swear by Alpha GPC, but I've stuck with CDP Choline for the longest time now.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried them all and nothing touches Alpha GPC for cognitive purposes, imo. I actually notice it and the others I am guessing.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I really like CDP and Alpha-GPC. If you have the cash go with one of those.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha and CDP. Bitartrate can sometimes give me some GI issues (but it does work).

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a huge fan of Alpha-GPC.

Interesting side note, Consumption of Choline bitartrate is a great source of betaine via metabolism. So that's a great source of choline too.

domore

Awards
I'm a huge fan of Alpha-GPC. Interesting side note, Consumption of Choline bitartrate is a great source of betaine via metabolism. So that's a great source of choline too.
I think six of one, half dozen of another. But, what is your take on citicoline vs Alpha-GPC?

Here is an old quote from NO HYPE for the sake of discussion:

" I prefer CDP due to it's effects on uridine & CTP.

Alpha GPC effectively raises plasma choline levels and is ultimately converted to phosphatidylcholine following oral administration.

In contrast, CDP-choline not only raises plasma choline, uridine, and cellular cytidine triphosphate levels, but it's cytidine moiety effectively stimulates phosphatidylcholine synthesis as well. --> Plus it's cheaper."

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried CDP and found that GPC was superior and no matter how many times I get sick of paying the AGPC prices, I always come back because it is that much better IMO. I actually feel it work and recognize quicker recall and concentration levels once I start taking it again.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Soooo are Lecithin Granules a total waste of time these days?
Yes, serious question
Go easy please - Thank you :p

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lil help?

Soooo are Lecithin Granules a total waste of time these days? Yes, serious question Go easy please - Thank you :p

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For use with carnitine, and with science to back it up, what is the best form of choline? Choline citrate, Alpha GPC or CDP-Choline?
I like bitartrate which is why I use it in aav2 and have no plans on switching

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think lecithin is fine..you're getting a variety of cholines, albeit at a lower dose.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established