ATP supplementation

1. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

ATP supplementation

Effects of oral adenosine-5[prime]-triphosphate supplementation on athletic performance, skeletal muscle hypertrophy and recovery in resistance-trained men

Background
    Currently, there is a lack of studies examining the effects of adenosine-5[prime]-triphosphate (ATP) supplementation utilizing a long-term, periodized resistance-training program (RT) in resistance-trained populations. Therefore, we investigated the effects of 12 weeks of 400 mg per day of oral ATP on muscular adaptations in trained individuals. We also sought to determine the effects of ATP on muscle protein breakdown, cortisol, and performance during an overreaching cycle.

Methods
    The study was a 3-phase randomized, double-blind, and placebo- and diet-controlled intervention. Phase 1 was a periodized resistance-training program. Phase 2 consisted of a two week overreaching cycle in which volume and frequency were increased followed by a 2-week taper (Phase 3). Muscle mass, strength, and power were examined at weeks 0, 4, 8, and 12 to assess the chronic effects of ATP; assessment performance variables also occurred at the end of weeks 9 and 10, corresponding to the mid and endpoints of the overreaching cycle.

Results
    There were time (p < 0.001), and group x time effects for increased total body strength (+55.3 +/- 6.0 kg ATP vs. + 22.4 +/- 7.1 kg placebo, p < 0.001); increased vertical jump power (+ 796 +/- 75 ATP vs. 614 +/- 52 watts placebo, p < 0.001); and greater ultrasound determined muscle thickness (+4.9 +/- 1.0 ATP vs. (2.5 +/- 0.6 mm placebo, p < 0.02) with ATP supplementation. During the overreaching cycle, there were group x time effects for strength and power, which decreased to a greater extent in the placebo group. Protein breakdown was also lower in the ATP group.

Conclusions
    Our results suggest oral ATP supplementation may enhance muscular adaptations following 12-weeks of resistance training, and prevent decrements in performance following overreaching. No statistically or clinically significant changes in blood chemistry or hematology were observed.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.43%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Recent eh. Looks like Peak ATP is at it again. The trial seems well-conducted but the results are...dubious. Double the strength gains in elite weight training individuals. This is comparable to illegal drugs!
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Dubious is a fun word.
    EvoMuse
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.68%

I just started Creatine HCL. The increase in energy is very noticeable. I was stubborn in using this supp because I had a bad experience 12 years ago using very primitive mono hydrate. Me Likey....
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.3%

6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.3%

This is surprising. I cant find the last study on oral ATP, but didnt it show no benefits pretty conclusively?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.5%

i use methylene blue and pqq daily. they are dramatic effects on the mitochondria
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.6%

Interesting. Isn't there a reason why most of the science has gone with creatine as a way to increase ATP stores? What would be the benefit/drawbacks to oral ATP compared to creatine supplementation? Seems like I have read something along the lines of it not being able to be stored well in the body... dunno.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.65%

Prototype Nutrition (TAA)Triacetyladenosine

That is all!
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.43%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by megadeth View Post
    Prototype Nutrition (TAA)Triacetyladenosine

That is all!
    This does not seek to increase ATP. It uses adenosine as a local metabolite/vasodilator (extracellular)
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_b View Post
    Interesting. Isn't there a reason why most of the science has gone with creatine as a way to increase ATP stores? What would be the benefit/drawbacks to oral ATP compared to creatine supplementation? Seems like I have read something along the lines of it not being able to be stored well in the body... dunno.
    Very little ATP exists in free form in the cell, as the ADP/ATP ratio is a sensitive marker of cell status. That's not stopping peak atp though
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.6%

Hmm only way to make it work would be some form of time release or just have a short lived effect I guess.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%

Magnesium Chloride.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any point taking an ATP supplement?
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 03:52 PM