New Drug to target fat loss in chin...

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I was going through the news this morning and came across an interesting article claiming that a drug known as AXT-101 has passed its second phase of testing. This drug is being injected into the neck region in hopes of eliminating the dreaded "double chin". This drug apparently destroys fat cells while leaving other tissue unaffected with generally mild side effects. If this passes all clinical testing and is allowed to be distributed to the masses do have a true fat burner on our hands here? What do you Sciencey guys and gals think?
Kythera climbs as 'double chin' drug meets goals: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
seems to good to be true. Liposuction in a vial...

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
seems to good to be true. Liposuction in a vial...
Thats what I was thinking or at least it may be deadly with continued use. Stuff that kills cell like that probably isnt good to put in your body

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting, but kinda scary. Although I wouldn't mind an injection in each love handle area!! ;)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
id take a couple in da lower chesticles, lower abs for sure!

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
If it worked a lot of people would just end up with loose skin under their neck anyway.

Drenaline31

Awards
I really really hope this doesn't work, as amazing as the science is. It would undermine everyone's legit hard work, and make the whole instant gratification mindset even worse. But most likely you would need a prescription and then there would be a black market for it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This has actually been investigated for several years now, especially for cancer...not new by any means.