"Stimulant Break" Necessary, Science or BroScience?

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

  1. I see a ton of people on here and ask for medical advice instead of going to the doctor. What's even worse is people reply to them, telling them to self-medicate with supplements. I don't understand that. When I have a medical issue, the last place I want to ask questions is an internet message board.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post



    Addisons disease was mentioned in this thread as a vary rare autoimmune disease that causes the adrenal gland to not function properly... So addisons disease does not corelate with the multitude of claims of people who say they have experienced adrenal fatigue... what I'm trying to ascertain is are there any other factors that are responasable for the symptoms thst people have labeled as adrenal fatigue... because Addison's is defitnalty not adrenal fatigue... People have claimed to have recovered from adrenal fatigue swiftly through the use of adaptogens, licorce extract, adrenal bovine etc... None of that sh*t could help treat addisons... So what are the proponents of the adrenal fatigue diagnosis, actually diagnosing? What are people who claimed to have suffered from adrenal fatigue actually experiencing?
    The only thing I can think of is the acute stress/increased anxiety stimulants can cause to those who are stim sensitive is what people refer to as "adrenal fatigue". Doing a full .2mg/kg dose of yohimbine will give a good amount of people high anxiety, this combined with ordinary daily stress will surely give them a feeling of lethargy and irritability, and over a week would cause a significant amount of stress. I assume the help from adaptogens comes from lowering the perceived amount of stress they feel (which is generally heightened by the stims) and also the physical response to stress. This leads to people feeling normal, energized, happy, etc...
    •   
       


  3. The .2mg/kg dose of yohimbine...Shouldn't that be spread out throughout the day instead of taken all at one time?.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    The .2mg/kg dose of yohimbine...Shouldn't that be spread out throughout the day instead of taken all at one time?.
    I've always used that as 1 dose. I'm about 100kg so I do 20mg along with 200mg of caffeine when I use it. I may do that 2-3 times a day if I know I'll be fasted, otherwise 1 morning dose.. Yohimbine loses its effect on me pretty fast, so I don't feel stimmed out after the first few days.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    You believe people on the internet who self diagnose themselves with adrenal fatigue and then cure it with adaptogens. That is neat
    On the contrary... I do not believe the adrenal fatigue diagnosis... I am just relaying other peoples thoughts and experiences in order to get a deeper understanding of this matter

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I see a ton of people on here and ask for medical advice instead of going to the doctor. What's even worse is people reply to them, telling them to self-medicate with supplement s. I don't understand that. When I have a medical issue, the last place I want to ask questions is an internet message board.
    Couldn't agree more... but technically adrenal fatigue is not recognised by the medial community so this issue does not present itself in this case

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWinging View Post
    The only thing I can think of is the acute stress/increased anxiety stimulants can cause to those who are stim sensitive is what people refer to as "adrenal fatigue". Doing a full .2mg/kg dose of yohimbine will give a good amount of people high anxiety, this combined with ordinary daily stress will surely give them a feeling of lethargy and irritability, and over a week would cause a significant amount of stress. I assume the help from adaptogens comes from lowering the perceived amount of stress they feel (which is generally heightened by the stims) and also the physical response to stress. This leads to people feeling normal, energized, happy, etc...
    Thanks for your input... So again you would say it boils down to an issue of tolerance but in this case individuals who are sensitive to stims... who probably would be better off without them
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by lronFist View Post
    ^this post just blew out my adrenal glands
    This is the real mechanism of adrenal fatigue. The adrenal glands get blown out of your body like an ejector seat.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    This is the real mechanism of adrenal fatigue. The adrenal glands get blown out of your body like an ejector seat.
    Nah, its caused by the extreme stress of cooking shellfish.



  8. Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    Nah, its caused by the extreme stress of cooking shellfish.
    LOL

  9. If adrenal fatigue is as bad or as common as some people pan it out to be here on AM then I should be the poster boy for it ( for the record it's being blown totally out of proportion ) and with that being said there are way way more stressors in life than just putting stimulants in your body that can cause these so called symptoms of adrenal fatigue.

    T-bone nailed it with the first post.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    IExisting blood tests, according to this theory, aren't sensitive enough to detect such a small decline in adrenal function — but your body is.
    That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'll listen to Synapsin and Mr.Cooper69, thanks. They have brains. I don't know about Joe Rogan.....I just never thought of that guy as "Smart".
    Can't really believe everything Joe Rogan says, some of his guests and some of the things Rogan says clearly demonstrate that they are off their rockers.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Can't really believe everything Joe Rogan says, some of his guests and some of the things Rogan says clearly demonstrate that they are off their rockers.
    Wait wut? are you saying Joe Rogan is not the go to guy for science backed radio.....my world will never be the same.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  13. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    Wait wut? are you saying Joe Rogan is not the go to guy for science backed radio.....my world will never be the same.
    Bwah ha ha ha. I consider him a pseudo-science-hippie tbh.

  14. If I was making a list of terms that get misused the most on exercise forums, "adrenal fatigue" would probably only be topped by "synergy" and "overtraining"
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    If I was making a list of terms that get misused the most on exercise forums, "adrenal fatigue" would probably only be topped by "synergy" and "overtraining"

    "Compound"

  16. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    "Compound"
    "Novel"

  17. Quote Originally Posted by john A. View Post
    Hello Horizons, The answer to your question is yes taking 1 week off a month from taking a break from stimulants. What happens is the body becomes so immune to the stimulants from caffeine or caffeine containing pre-workouts that they essentially stop working due to the adrenal glands working overtime & the fact it can damage your adrenal glands by literally blowing them out. Also, if you need a product to get your adrenal glands back to normal a must look into product from CTDLABS is Adrenal Reset this will help your adrenal glands back to normal as well as build your immune system, cheers
    Thanks for clearing everything up literally?

  18. Cool thread, except the adrenal fatigue rubbish.

  19. I didn't think adrenal fatigue was real until I started napping 2 hours after taking 2 scoops of alphamine, or 1 hour after 25mg ephedrine recently on my 5 month non-stop use of stims

    Have a hard time coming to terms with napping after such powerful stims to just be 'tolerance' related

  20. Quote Originally Posted by suthernmuscle View Post

    Same here. I thought it was BS until I experienced it. Couple months of stims and I'm back in business.
    Are those the only symptoms you had?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by suthernmuscle View Post
    Symptoms were exhaustion at end of day, sleeplessness, hangover like headaches in the morning. I would drink a Monster and feel tired 30 minutes later. I simply felt awful. So I stared weaning off the caffeine, and voila, I started feeling better.

    So adrenal fatigue is a hoax? Well tell me how someone can drink two Monsters in 15 minutes and be taking a nap an hour later.
    By upregulation of CYP enzymes and depletion of various NTs plus downregulation of DA receptors. Not because of adrenal fatigue, which is known as Addison's disease. Read the whole thread

  22. isnt there some long term negative effects of long term stimulant use?



    also anyone feel like mentaly slow once the preworkout wears off?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    isnt there some long term negative effects of long term stimulant use? also anyone feel like mentaly slow once the preworkout wears off?
    I think it depends on what we call the "stimulant". If talking caffeine then I think the answer is really no. People have been drinking coffee forever. But couple in the other ingredients and sweeteners and then the answer gets a little more complicated.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

  24. Mr. Cooper, Would taking tyrosine or anything else help prevent any of those things you first mentioned?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    Mr. Cooper, Would taking tyrosine or anything else help prevent any of those things you first mentioned?
    Only in the case of chronic use of a releasing agent, i.e.amphetamine. Not caffeine

  26. Gotcha, thanks.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by suthernmuscle View Post
    Symptoms were exhaustion at end of day, sleeplessness, hangover like headaches in the morning. I would drink a Monster and feel tired 30 minutes later. I simply felt awful. So I stared weaning off the caffeine, and voila, I started feeling better. So adrenal fatigue is a hoax? Well tell me how someone can drink two Monsters in 15 minutes and be taking a nap an hour later.
    Lol oh well that must be adrenal fatigue... No other explanation..

    Not srs

  28. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I repeatedly see threads talking about "Stim Breaks". People in these threads are always saying how your adrenal glands can be burned out if you stay on stimulants too long. Is this actually true?. What is the point of a stimulant break besides to lower tolerance so you can lower your dosage and save money by getting the effect from a lower dosage?. Why not just switch products or stimulant types?. Wouldn't this accomplish the same thing?. I mean I'm a lifelong coffee drinker. I don't cycle my coffee or take a break and start drinking decaf. Really I don't know any lifelong coffee drinker that does such a thing. The thought of it is absolutely ludicrous. Please put this "Stimulant Break" THEORY to bed, or prove that it absolutely without a doubt is necessary for continued health. Somehow I doubt that your adrenal glands can actually be "burned out".
    Everything too much can harm you man
    Doesn't take science to know that just
    Good ol common sense

    If too much water in one day can kill you
    You thinks it's completely safe to drink
    2 cups of coffee a day and NO Explode
    Preworkout long term ??

  29. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    By upregulation of CYP enzymes and depletion of various NTs plus downregulation of DA receptors. Not because of adrenal fatigue, which is known as Addison's disease. Read the whole thread
    This is the best answer. So people are not feeling symptoms that are not there they are simply due to reasons other then the supposed "adrenal fatigue."

  30. Quote Originally Posted by sprintsss View Post

    Everything too much can harm you man
    Doesn't take science to know that just
    Good ol common sense

    If too much water in one day can kill you
    You thinks it's completely safe to drink
    2 cups of coffee a day and NO Explode
    Preworkout long term ??
    It wouldnt if you have adapted to that level of use
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
  2. Time On = Time Off: Science or Broscience?
    By DavidG in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 09:15 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 11:36 PM
  4. For Sale: NP "Super Phenibut" (Miscellaneous Products)
    By Rustysballs in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 08:03 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Log in
Log in