"Stimulant Break" Necessary, Science or BroScience?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    Well that is disappointing that Joe promotes that crap still. Though I guess I shouldnt expect much more from Joe than entertainment anyways.

Dave Asprey just irks me. Here is an excerpt from his website - "You don’t like the taste of bad coffee for the same reason you don’t like the taste of gasoline: your body is telling you it’s toxic." I guess this is the extent of scientific method for Dave. Taste good = good for you , taste bad = bad for you. I picture Dave in a cave wielding a club as he says that. I wonder what Dave's theory is on stim breaks.
    thats too bad...i think joe rogan is awesome and one of the only ppl who says it like it is, and dave asprey are some of my favorite podcasts that he's done
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    Well that is disappointing that Joe promotes that crap still. Though I guess I shouldnt expect much more from Joe than entertainment anyways.

Dave Asprey just irks me. Here is an excerpt from his website - "You donít like the taste of bad coffee for the same reason you donít like the taste of gasoline: your body is telling you itís toxic." I guess this is the extent of scientific method for Dave. Taste good = good for you , taste bad = bad for you. I picture Dave in a cave wielding a club as he says that. I wonder what Dave's theory is on stim breaks.
    thats too bad...i think joe rogan is awesome and one of the only ppl who says it like it is, and dave asprey are some of my favorite podcasts that he's done
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  3. Registered User
    Answers

And boom goes the pseudoscience
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Yeah!
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

That's the best kind of science. Like bleach to cure autism! Pseudoscience is kewl!
  6. Registered User
    Answers

What an absolute joke.
    PES
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://facebook.com/pescience
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Subbed for coops info
    Please like my bands page!
    https://www.facebook.com/PerspectivesOfficial
    Influences of Periphery, Animals as Leaders, Intervals, ADTR, etc...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bryancap77 View Post
    Subbed for coops info
    Why? He's already spoken on this topic so many times. He like the rest of us is a stim junkie
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I'm relatively new :/ sorry.. Just pertains to a situation I'm currently in, and as he said himself, science Is subject to change, and nothing is ironclad. Just wondering if there are any new ideas on the subject!
    Please like my bands page!
    https://www.facebook.com/PerspectivesOfficial
    Influences of Periphery, Animals as Leaders, Intervals, ADTR, etc...
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Why? He's already spoken on this topic so many times. He like the rest of us is a stim junkie
    If you keep a watchful eye, I "liked" a post in this thread . The issue is quite complex, but stimulants in the sense that we know and use (e.g. caffeine, ephedrine, etc) are not an issue.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Answers

Does anyone know how the adrenals thing started? JC
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Well perhaps this book had something to do with it: Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome it is available on that rain forest site that sells everything. I would link but they sell supps and that is bad form.

Personally I wonder if the "adrenal fatigue" people seem to suffer, and I personally feel burnt out over time myself on stims, has something to do with sleep quality. Taking stimulants has been theorized to effect sleep in some individuals. Even if sleeping the normal amount of time one sleeps perhaps getting lower quality ie less deep sleep for a month ends up wearing us out and we jump to the conclusion that our adrenals are fatigued.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigflex0 View Post
    Well perhaps this book had something to do with it: Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome it is available on that rain forest site that sells everything. I would link but they sell supps and that is bad form.

Personally I wonder if the "adrenal fatigue" people seem to suffer, and I personally feel burnt out over time myself on stims, has something to do with sleep quality. Taking stimulants has been theorized to effect sleep in some individuals. Even if sleeping the normal amount of time one sleeps perhaps getting lower quality ie less deep sleep for a month ends up wearing us out and we jump to the conclusion that our adrenals are fatigued.
    That's causation. If you don't get sleep due to stims then there's your issue, not your adrenals. You're just tired.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I understand that what I am saying is that perhaps people are getting less restful sleep and when then get burnt out are attributing it to "adrenal fatigue."
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Or 'adrenal fatigue' could be a significant change the hormonal profile due to stimulants and an excessive calorie deficit for a prolonged period that takes several weeks or months to normalise. I went through this last year and I also attributed to Adrenal Fatigue until Coop and others schooled me. But what I can say is that I felt awful for a number of weeks and couldn't return to the gym for a good four months. So there was something at play even if not the adrenals.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Answers

Subbed for more info!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

So...
    I don't have to take 4 weeks off from alphamine!?!?
    <3333
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Answers

Is one week off stims enough for a "break"

My friends never have a break just stop taking pre workouts and just cut down to a coffee in the morning for a week or two.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Hello Horizons, The answer to your question is yes taking 1 week off a month from taking a break from stimulants. What happens is the body becomes so immune to the stimulants from caffeine or caffeine containing pre-workouts that they essentially stop working due to the adrenal glands working overtime & the fact it can damage your adrenal glands by literally blowing them out. Also, if you need a product to get your adrenal glands back to normal a must look into product from CTDLABS is Adrenal Reset this will help your adrenal glands back to normal as well as build your immune system, cheers
    CTDLABS Product Ambassador & Board Rep
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by john A. View Post
    Hello Horizons, The answer to your question is yes taking 1 week off a month from taking a break from stimulants. What happens is the body becomes so immune to the stimulants from caffeine or caffeine containing pre-workouts that they essentially stop working due to the adrenal glands working overtime & the fact it can damage your adrenal glands by literally blowing them out. Also, if you need a product to get your adrenal glands back to normal a must look into product from CTDLABS is Adrenal Reset this will help your adrenal glands back to normal as well as build your immune system, cheers

LMAO!!!.
    S.N.S. Rep

21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Answers

Didn't we confirm that adrenal blow out is bs?

These guys take stims for like up to 3 months of so then just take a week off
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

hey REP get the **** out of here pushing your BS product. you dont need a ****ing adrenal rest supplement, if anything thats COUNTER productive. it takes two weeks for your tolerance (on average) to g back to normal and reset.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Answers

No one is attempting to push a product out for him. It was a kind recommendation for him & tip for future reference. By the way my name isn't REP EatMoar so if you could as in I did for you I addressed you by your name.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Adrenal Blowout is bs? Well, let me tell you that when the adrenal glands don't function properly it's called Addison disease. Thus, although your mates take stim for up to 3 months what they don't realize is the fact that if they continue is that it leads to high cortisol levels. I myself personally can't do the constant intake of caffeine & pre-workouts for that long of a time period as your mates have. I usually take a break from the stims. But, I as well use to take take pre-workouts 3-4 days at a time a week (range from 200mg-300mg). It had gotten to a point where the pwo wern't working for me at all & I would drink a high carb protein shake 45 min before taking my pre-workout just to give me that extra perk of energy in the gym. I've taken an assortment of various one's, also it depends on how much caffeine and other stims are contained in a pre-workout. For instance I once had a sample of Razor8 which contains 400mg of caffeine & it didn't do squat for me at all.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

Getting an adrenal blowout when Im going 65 on the highway is one of my biggest fears.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Adrenal Blowout is bs? Well, let me tell you that when the adrenal glands don't function properly it's called Addison disease. Thus, although your mates take stim for up to 3 months what they don't realize is the fact that if they continue is that it leads to high cortisol levels. I myself personally can't do the constant intake of caffeine & pre-workouts for that long of a time period as your mates have. I usually take a break from the stims. But, I as well use to take take pre-workouts 3-4 days at a time a week (range from 200mg-300mg). It had gotten to a point where the pwo wern't working for me at all & I would drink a high carb protein shake 45 min before taking my pre-workout just to give me that extra perk of energy in the gym. I've taken an assortment of various one's, also it depends on how much caffeine and other stims are contained in a pre-workout. For instance I once had a sample of Razor8 which contains 400mg of caffeine & it didn't do squat for me at all.
    Im confused, is Addisons caused by taking too many stims or not taking enough CTDLABS Adrenal Fix-A-Flat?
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Answers

Have you got any studies or any scientific back up of adrenal blowout existing? Wouldn't the whole world be under this? I work in the office and nearly every single person drink copious cups of coffee a day and not once or even heard of having a break.

I understand the need to have a break to not develop a dependency or a tolerance.

So is everyone saying NO caffeine at all for a week or two or just cutting out all pre workouts and maybe keeping a morning coffee is ok to do here and there
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Did I just read that taking stims causes addison's disease? Hmm, you have rewritten the medical textbooks sir
  29. Registered User
    Answers

I'll address this awful post. Addison's disease is caused by genetic or autoimmune causes.

If you don't feel stims, it is due to peripheral receptor downregulation.

Cortisol increases from stims is transient and actually decreases with continuous use, not increases.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

I used to believe stimulants could cause adrenal fatigue.

I also used to believe in Santa Claus.
    PES Representative
    http://selectprotein.com
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Answers

Hahahaha

All I asked was a question of how long is enough for a break and can you have one coffee a day
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I used to believe stimulants could cause adrenal fatigue.

I also used to believe in Santa Claus.

....What...No Santa?. Who will bring me my PES Protein?.
    S.N.S. Rep

33. Registered User
    Answers

What happens is the body becomes so immune to the stimulants from caffeine or caffeine containing pre-workouts that they essentially stop working due to the adrenal glands working overtime & the fact it can damage your adrenal glands by literally blowing them out.
    Ahh I see, Addisons is caused by literally blowing your adrenal gland out of your head. That makes more sense.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Answers

You build a tolerance to stims.
    Take a stim break.
    A cup of coffee ed will not destroy your stim break.
    Easy enough right?

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    You build a tolerance to stims.
    Take a stim break.
    A cup of coffee ed will not destroy your stim break.
    Easy enough right?
    Sounds easy as
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

ADDISONS DISEASE IS RARE. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! You just dont devlop addisons disease, it is a deficiency in your endocrine system where it can not produce hormones such as glucocorticodes. dude you need to read into things more before posting. addisons is VERY rare.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    ADDISONS DISEASE IS RARE. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! You just dont devlop addisons disease, it is a deficiency in your endocrine system where it can not produce hormones such as glucocorticodes. dude you need to read into things more before posting. addisons is VERY rare.
    Being ADHD I can confirm that you won't get Addison's from long term stim use... 2 years is my longest with out any break from methylphenidate...it still works but I do take breaks from it more often now...

And before some says cool I can take stims for years based on my post the answer is no, you simply can't its not healthy...
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    Being ADHD I can confirm that you won't get Addison's from long term stim use... 2 years is my longest with out any break from methylphenidate...it still works but I do take breaks from it more often now...

And before some says cool I can take stims for years based on my post the answer is no, you simply can't its not healthy...
    Probably not healthy but my parents have drunken cups of coffee every single day for over 30 years with no adverse effects
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by horizons View Post
    Probably not healthy but my parents have drunken cups of coffee every single day for over 30 years with no adverse effects
    There are many health benefits from coffee so I doubt they would have anything to worry about at all.

Nice to see another Aussie on the boards.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Get out of here with your junk. Adrenal fatigue is not real.
    PES
    http://facebook.com/pescience
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM
  2. Time On = Time Off: Science or Broscience?
    By DavidG in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 08:15 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 10:36 PM
  4. For Sale: NP &quot;Super Phenibut&quot; (Miscellaneous Products)
    By Rustysballs in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 01:06 PM