"Stimulant Break" Necessary, Science or BroScience?

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    Stim breaks are virtually pointless to me and my lifestyle. The benefits of stimulants (like caffeine) largely outweigh the negatives when used at reasonable doses and there should be no reason for someone to stop using them unless they are experiencing adverse effects.

    Yep!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Adrenal fatigue is not real. Stim breaks don't make sense, people drink multiple cups of coffee a day and they're fine. I think its pointless. However I take a day off of caffeine here and there but I see no point.

    Agreed.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Do we have any idea how long a break we need to return to baseline? I essentially hit heavy stims during the week and try to stay relatively stim free during the weekend when I'm not working.
    Actually, I just read that adenosine receptors may not be the cause for tolerance.. I was basing it off these: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6298543; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3003486 however this study found that adenosine receptors were not the culprit for tolerance: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1846425

    It is possible to prevent tolerance by keeping the dosage low, however (i.e. a cup of coffee a day can continue to elicit its effects indefinitely).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Actually, I just read that adenosine receptors may not be the cause for tolerance.. I was basing it off these: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6298543; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3003486 however this study found that adenosine receptors were not the culprit for tolerance: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1846425

    It is possible to prevent tolerance by keeping the dosage low, however (i.e. a cup of coffee a day can continue to elicit its effects indefinitely).
    Doesn't work for me as well as my weekday doses (depending on what I'm running) may be pretty high. I frequently run E/C stack with some breaks, but even on those breaks from E/C I'll use something like Dexaprine, Alphamine, Thermogum, etc Pretty much take weekends off as I said.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  5. have to listen to the joe rogan experience podcast w/ dave asprey....the first time he was on, he says adrenal fatigue does happen from coffee, but it's not from the stimulants in the coffee, it's the way it's processed and shipped, the coffee gets mold on it which is actually the factor for the adrenal fatigue and few other things

    he actually sells a coffee that he claims is processed and never had the mold on it.....if thats true for all stimulants or for the caffeine in most supplements, i'm not sure but i tend to buy into what the guy is saying, my friend bought his coffee and described it as a different type of "high"
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    have to listen to the joe rogan experience podcast w/ dave asprey....the first time he was on, he says adrenal fatigue does happen from coffee, but it's not from the stimulants in the coffee, it's the way it's processed and shipped, the coffee gets mold on it which is actually the factor for the adrenal fatigue and few other things

    he actually sells a coffee that he claims is processed and never had the mold on it.....if thats true for all stimulants or for the caffeine in most supplements, i'm not sure but i tend to buy into what the guy is saying, my friend bought his coffee and described it as a different type of "high"

    I'll listen to Synapsin and Mr.Cooper69, thanks. They have brains. I don't know about Joe Rogan.....I just never thought of that guy as "Smart".

  7. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'll listen to Synapsin and Mr.Cooper69, thanks. They have brains. I don't know about Joe Rogan.....I just never thought of that guy as "Smart".
    ehh suite yourself....but it's not joe rogan making the claims, it's dave asprey
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    have to listen to the joe rogan experience podcast w/ dave asprey....the first time he was on, he says adrenal fatigue does happen from coffee, but it's not from the stimulants in the coffee, it's the way it's processed and shipped, the coffee gets mold on it which is actually the factor for the adrenal fatigue and few other things

    he actually sells a coffee that he claims is processed and never had the mold on it.....if thats true for all stimulants or for the caffeine in most supplements, i'm not sure but i tend to buy into what the guy is saying, my friend bought his coffee and described it as a different type of "high"
    Dave Asprey is a ****ing fool Im sorry to inform you. His coffee mold theory is utterly retarded. Even Rogan was very skeptical of him in later JRE podcasts (after he had time to do research and not just take Asprey at his word).

    The guy is an IT professional turned salesperson. He has many claims and most are without supporting evidence.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    Dave Asprey is a ****ing fool Im sorry to inform you. His coffee mold theory is utterly retarded. Even Rogan was very skeptical of him in later JRE podcasts (after he had time to do research and not just take Asprey at his word).
    Joe Rogan questions everything (see what i did there?) but at the end of the day joe still sells dave's coffee on his site. Most of the second podcast was questioning dave about other things dave talked about and not about the coffee though. Either way Dave isn't the only one who talked about mold on coffee beans, its just the easiest way for someone to access some of the information
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    Joe Rogan questions everything (see what i did there?) but at the end of the day joe still sells dave's coffee on his site. Most of the second podcast was questioning dave about other things dave talked about and not about the coffee though. Either way Dave isn't the only one who talked about mold on coffee beans, its just the easiest way for someone to access some of the information
    Well that is disappointing that Joe promotes that crap still. Though I guess I shouldnt expect much more from Joe than entertainment anyways.

    Dave Asprey just irks me. Here is an excerpt from his website - "You don’t like the taste of bad coffee for the same reason you don’t like the taste of gasoline: your body is telling you it’s toxic." I guess this is the extent of scientific method for Dave. Taste good = good for you , taste bad = bad for you. I picture Dave in a cave wielding a club as he says that. I wonder what Dave's theory is on stim breaks.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    Well that is disappointing that Joe promotes that crap still. Though I guess I shouldnt expect much more from Joe than entertainment anyways.

    Dave Asprey just irks me. Here is an excerpt from his website - "You don’t like the taste of bad coffee for the same reason you don’t like the taste of gasoline: your body is telling you it’s toxic." I guess this is the extent of scientific method for Dave. Taste good = good for you , taste bad = bad for you. I picture Dave in a cave wielding a club as he says that. I wonder what Dave's theory is on stim breaks.
    thats too bad...i think joe rogan is awesome and one of the only ppl who says it like it is, and dave asprey are some of my favorite podcasts that he's done
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    Well that is disappointing that Joe promotes that crap still. Though I guess I shouldnt expect much more from Joe than entertainment anyways.

    Dave Asprey just irks me. Here is an excerpt from his website - "You donít like the taste of bad coffee for the same reason you donít like the taste of gasoline: your body is telling you itís toxic." I guess this is the extent of scientific method for Dave. Taste good = good for you , taste bad = bad for you. I picture Dave in a cave wielding a club as he says that. I wonder what Dave's theory is on stim breaks.
    thats too bad...i think joe rogan is awesome and one of the only ppl who says it like it is, and dave asprey are some of my favorite podcasts that he's done
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt

  13. And boom goes the pseudoscience

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    And boom goes the pseudoscience

    Yeah!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    And boom goes the pseudoscience
    That's the best kind of science. Like bleach to cure autism! Pseudoscience is kewl!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    And boom goes the pseudoscience
    What an absolute joke.

  17. Subbed for coops info
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Bryancap77 View Post
    Subbed for coops info
    Why? He's already spoken on this topic so many times. He like the rest of us is a stim junkie

  19. I'm relatively new :/ sorry.. Just pertains to a situation I'm currently in, and as he said himself, science Is subject to change, and nothing is ironclad. Just wondering if there are any new ideas on the subject!
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

  20. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Why? He's already spoken on this topic so many times. He like the rest of us is a stim junkie
    If you keep a watchful eye, I "liked" a post in this thread . The issue is quite complex, but stimulants in the sense that we know and use (e.g. caffeine, ephedrine, etc) are not an issue.

  21. Does anyone know how the adrenals thing started? JC
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  22. Well perhaps this book had something to do with it: Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome it is available on that rain forest site that sells everything. I would link but they sell supps and that is bad form.

    Personally I wonder if the "adrenal fatigue" people seem to suffer, and I personally feel burnt out over time myself on stims, has something to do with sleep quality. Taking stimulants has been theorized to effect sleep in some individuals. Even if sleeping the normal amount of time one sleeps perhaps getting lower quality ie less deep sleep for a month ends up wearing us out and we jump to the conclusion that our adrenals are fatigued.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bigflex0 View Post
    Well perhaps this book had something to do with it: Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome it is available on that rain forest site that sells everything. I would link but they sell supps and that is bad form.

    Personally I wonder if the "adrenal fatigue" people seem to suffer, and I personally feel burnt out over time myself on stims, has something to do with sleep quality. Taking stimulants has been theorized to effect sleep in some individuals. Even if sleeping the normal amount of time one sleeps perhaps getting lower quality ie less deep sleep for a month ends up wearing us out and we jump to the conclusion that our adrenals are fatigued.
    That's causation. If you don't get sleep due to stims then there's your issue, not your adrenals. You're just tired.

  24. I understand that what I am saying is that perhaps people are getting less restful sleep and when then get burnt out are attributing it to "adrenal fatigue."

  25. Or 'adrenal fatigue' could be a significant change the hormonal profile due to stimulants and an excessive calorie deficit for a prolonged period that takes several weeks or months to normalise. I went through this last year and I also attributed to Adrenal Fatigue until Coop and others schooled me. But what I can say is that I felt awful for a number of weeks and couldn't return to the gym for a good four months. So there was something at play even if not the adrenals.

  26. Subbed for more info!

  27. So...
    I don't have to take 4 weeks off from alphamine!?!?
    <3333

  28. Is one week off stims enough for a "break"

    My friends never have a break just stop taking pre workouts and just cut down to a coffee in the morning for a week or two.

  29. Hello Horizons, The answer to your question is yes taking 1 week off a month from taking a break from stimulants. What happens is the body becomes so immune to the stimulants from caffeine or caffeine containing pre-workouts that they essentially stop working due to the adrenal glands working overtime & the fact it can damage your adrenal glands by literally blowing them out. Also, if you need a product to get your adrenal glands back to normal a must look into product from CTDLABS is Adrenal Reset this will help your adrenal glands back to normal as well as build your immune system, cheers
    CTDLABS Product Ambassador & Board Rep

  30. Quote Originally Posted by john A. View Post
    Hello Horizons, The answer to your question is yes taking 1 week off a month from taking a break from stimulants. What happens is the body becomes so immune to the stimulants from caffeine or caffeine containing pre-workouts that they essentially stop working due to the adrenal glands working overtime & the fact it can damage your adrenal glands by literally blowing them out. Also, if you need a product to get your adrenal glands back to normal a must look into product from CTDLABS is Adrenal Reset this will help your adrenal glands back to normal as well as build your immune system, cheers

    LMAO!!!.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
  2. Time On = Time Off: Science or Broscience?
    By DavidG in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 09:15 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 11:36 PM
  4. For Sale: NP &quot;Super Phenibut&quot; (Miscellaneous Products)
    By Rustysballs in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 08:03 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Log in
Log in