Protein intake

lee1092

Awards
what are you guys opinions on protein intake?

And how much of an increase on cycle??

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 210 and sitting about 10% and eat 125-150 grams a day (in addition to ~40 grams of BCAA's)

Eating very clean, using SENSIBLE macro's, macro-timing/manipulation, consistent training are the name of the game.

Daily for me:
125-150 P
150 F
50-100 C (mainly greens and fibrous varieties)

NOT TRYING TO PREACH or STIR THE POT but I stopped listening and subscribing to the scams, overhyped advertising tricks, solicited bro-science and lies of the supplement industry (especially related to protein consumption)

I have never been leaner, thicker and just aesthetically "better" - not to mention the lack of bloat and overall feeling of tightness in my midsection from moving past the bro-gospel of protein over-abundance.

Just my spin

lee1092

Awards
ya Ive got a friend who owns a vitamin shoope and is huge and goes by the same principals as you stated basically. And ya a lot of bro science behind the protein sales. Ever since I switched to biology it has helped a lot, all this 6 meals a day bs etc is dumb....its sad everyone doesnt realize it....

I have been doing the IF leangains protocol I love it so far.....there is some research behind the benefits of protein, I think higher protein helps with some things and also an easy way to fill daily calories

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I have not noticed a differenc when consuming protein in mass amounts, besides a lighter wallet. I DO look leaner and feel better getting about 100-150 grams daily from whole foods though.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
agreed to all...if i get 150 from whole foods im good to go, i do have whey for days where im lacking but i usually aim for 1g per lean muscle mass which means 150 is where i wanna be...

aMz64

Awards
I have had the same question. I am big guy 6'4'' hover around 260. My dreams of ever becoming "huge" are shot with the price 390 grams of protein ED would cost a month. Are there more reasonable formulas than 1.5 per lbs that will produce results? I am currently getting around 200 grams, terrible I know..Would the benefits outweigh the cost of the additional protein?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I have had the same question. I am big guy 6'4'' hover around 260. My dreams of ever becoming "huge" are shot with the price 390 grams of protein ED would cost a month. Are there more reasonable formulas than 1.5 per lbs that will produce results? I am currently getting around 200 grams, terrible I know..Would the benefits outweigh the cost of the additional protein?
why is 200g terrible? whats your bf?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree with dropping protein powders or at least limiting them and adding whole foods. I experience bad stomach bloat on the powders (even using lactose free WPI for years!) and have switched to BCAA and whole food use.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Optimal protein intake is going to partly depend on daily carb intake (more carbs then less pro, less carbs then more protein (unless keto dieting) but the general rule of thumb for resistance training is 1.8g-2g/kg

aMz64

Awards
why is 200g terrible? whats your bf?
I guess I have always considered the "Rule of 1.5/lb" to be gold.There for 200 is a whopping 190 grams short! Maybe I just bought into the hype, over researching on forums and magazine stands? My bf is around 18%.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Optimal protein intake is going to partly depend on daily carb intake (more carbs then less pro, less carbs then more protein (unless keto dieting) but the general rule of thumb for resistance training is 1.8g-2g/kg
So your saying 1.8-2g per kg's not pounds?

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
what are you guys opinions on protein intake?

And how much of an increase on cycle??
I doubt there's any concrete research into different protein intakes while on steroids. They obviously increase protein synthesis but the best people could do is theorize and extrapolate

smoker145

I doubt there's any concrete research into different protein intakes while on steroids. They obviously increase protein synthesis but the best people could do is theorize and extrapolate
Spoken like a true quadzilla

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I do about 1.3 - 1.5 G per lb