Protein intake

  1. Protein intake


    what are you guys opinions on protein intake?

    And how much of an increase on cycle??


  2. I'm 210 and sitting about 10% and eat 125-150 grams a day (in addition to ~40 grams of BCAA's)

    Eating very clean, using SENSIBLE macro's, macro-timing/manipulation, consistent training are the name of the game.

    Daily for me:
    125-150 P
    150 F
    50-100 C (mainly greens and fibrous varieties)

    NOT TRYING TO PREACH or STIR THE POT but I stopped listening and subscribing to the scams, overhyped advertising tricks, solicited bro-science and lies of the supplement industry (especially related to protein consumption)

    I have never been leaner, thicker and just aesthetically "better" - not to mention the lack of bloat and overall feeling of tightness in my midsection from moving past the bro-gospel of protein over-abundance.

    Just my spin
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  3. ya Ive got a friend who owns a vitamin shoope and is huge and goes by the same principals as you stated basically. And ya a lot of bro science behind the protein sales. Ever since I switched to biology it has helped a lot, all this 6 meals a day bs etc is dumb....its sad everyone doesnt realize it....


    I have been doing the IF leangains protocol I love it so far.....there is some research behind the benefits of protein, I think higher protein helps with some things and also an easy way to fill daily calories
    •   
       


  4. bump anyone else?

  5. I have not noticed a differenc when consuming protein in mass amounts, besides a lighter wallet. I DO look leaner and feel better getting about 100-150 grams daily from whole foods though.

  6. agreed to all...if i get 150 from whole foods im good to go, i do have whey for days where im lacking but i usually aim for 1g per lean muscle mass which means 150 is where i wanna be...

  7. I have had the same question. I am big guy 6'4'' hover around 260. My dreams of ever becoming "huge" are shot with the price 390 grams of protein ED would cost a month. Are there more reasonable formulas than 1.5 per lbs that will produce results? I am currently getting around 200 grams, terrible I know..Would the benefits outweigh the cost of the additional protein?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by aMz64 View Post
    I have had the same question. I am big guy 6'4'' hover around 260. My dreams of ever becoming "huge" are shot with the price 390 grams of protein ED would cost a month. Are there more reasonable formulas than 1.5 per lbs that will produce results? I am currently getting around 200 grams, terrible I know..Would the benefits outweigh the cost of the additional protein?
    why is 200g terrible? whats your bf?

  9. Agree with dropping protein powders or at least limiting them and adding whole foods. I experience bad stomach bloat on the powders (even using lactose free WPI for years!) and have switched to BCAA and whole food use.

  10. Optimal protein intake is going to partly depend on daily carb intake (more carbs then less pro, less carbs then more protein (unless keto dieting) but the general rule of thumb for resistance training is 1.8g-2g/kg
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  11. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    why is 200g terrible? whats your bf?
    I guess I have always considered the "Rule of 1.5/lb" to be gold.There for 200 is a whopping 190 grams short! Maybe I just bought into the hype, over researching on forums and magazine stands? My bf is around 18%.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Optimal protein intake is going to partly depend on daily carb intake (more carbs then less pro, less carbs then more protein (unless keto dieting) but the general rule of thumb for resistance training is 1.8g-2g/kg
    So your saying 1.8-2g per kg's not pounds?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by lee1092 View Post
    what are you guys opinions on protein intake?

    And how much of an increase on cycle??
    I doubt there's any concrete research into different protein intakes while on steroids. They obviously increase protein synthesis but the best people could do is theorize and extrapolate
    phaggy opinions+certainty=douchebag status
  14. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post

    I doubt there's any concrete research into different protein intakes while on steroids. They obviously increase protein synthesis but the best people could do is theorize and extrapolate
    Spoken like a true quadzilla

  15. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    So your saying 1.8-2g per kg's not pounds?
    that's almost a gr per pound
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    So your saying 1.8-2g per kg's not pounds?
    yes
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  17. I do about 1.3 - 1.5 G per lb
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:31 AM
  2. Protein intake per meal...
    By massmonster in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 09:52 AM
  3. Disproportionate Protein Intake and Oxidative Loss of Aminos
    By Beowulf in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 07:06 AM
  4. calculating calories and protein intake????
    By guyfromkop in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:34 PM
  5. Protein intake when on and off cycle
    By Syr in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Log in
Log in