All aboard the Betaine train.

Page 5 of 14 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. Has anyone tried taking a higher dose? Currently I have started taking 2.5g a day and was wondering if the results would be enhanced at 5g


  2. BB actually carries one. Live Long nutr i think
    •   
       


  3. Pill form is more convenient to me. Waiting on SNS.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by katch22 View Post
    Has anyone tried taking a higher dose? Currently I have started taking 2.5g a day and was wondering if the results would be enhanced at 5g
    Why not just stick with 2.5 grams? That is the dose that was used in the study and showed great benefits.

    I believe ZirRed is going to perform other studies with a higher dose, but until then just stick to the recommended dose.

    More is not always better.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  5. I went up to 5g after taking with ZirRed about it. I didn't really notice anything remarkable above the 2.5g I normally take nowadays, but I only tried that high of a dose once (for 6 weeks).
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  6. 2.5g it is then

  7. Quote Originally Posted by BigGame84 View Post
    Pill form is more convenient to me. Waiting on SNS.
    Max Pump. I think the 4 cap dose gets you efficacious dosing of both nitrates and betaine. Any Finaflex reps care to confirm?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by BigGame84 View Post
    Pill form is more convenient to me. Waiting on SNS.
    Should be out in the near future.
    Olympus Labs (Use my code "Synapsin30" for 30% off all OL products)
    https://www.instagram.com/doctorolympus
    My podcast: http://bit.do/c6teW (itunes) / http://bit.do/c6teR (soundcloud)

  9. Powder is easy to mix in with my pre workout
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  10. It doesn't taste bad so powder or capsule doesn't make a diff to me. Has like a slightly sugary pleasant flavor imo
    phaggy opinions+certainty=douchebag status

  11. I've been doing 3g/day for a couple weeks now...only bc they are 1g tabs and don't want to mess with breaking them in half..

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post

    Should be out in the near future.
    In4 Betaine XT..

  13. bump. I've read that betaine augments the effects of creatine. I've been doing 2.5 pre and 1g post w/ mono. I guess we need to experiment ourselves to find the sweet spot, until more research comes out.

  14. I'm actually looking to do a dose response study with 2.5g as the top, and then exploring .5 and 1.5g, hopefully this summer.

    Did you notice any GI distress Bolt10?

  15. By the way, as we try to more closely determine mechanism of action, this is a very interesting study:

    http://www.translational-medicine.com/content/11/1/174

    Here we see betaine agonizing the IGF-1 receptor to increase protein synthesis and promote satellite cell proliferation, differentiation, and likely fusion. This would result in hypertrophy and decreased domain size (each myofiber nuclei would control less area, which might mean more precise control). Basically, here we see betaine mimicking the actions of IGF-1.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I'm actually looking to do a dose response study with 2.5g as the top, and then exploring .5 and 1.5g, hopefully this summer.

    Did you notice any GI distress Bolt10?
    I noticed some initially, but it wasn't horrible and seemed to subside with continued use.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I noticed some initially, but it wasn't horrible and seemed to subside with continued use.
    Same here though I tried 7grams on an empty stomach...not a good idea.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Same here though I tried 7grams on an empty stomach...not a good idea.
    Even 3.75g gave me issues.

  19. I do 6 grams a day with no issues

    now tmg

  20. Weird question, but has anyone else noticed or been told they smell like maple syrup while using TMG? I'm 3 weeks in using 3g/day...my wife tells me I smell like that, like it's coming out of my pores...it's been really the only thing I've added in...though I'm also using alphamine, which makes me sweat pretty easily...

  21. Quote Originally Posted by burpees View Post
    I do 6 grams a day with no issues

    now tmg
    Why so much?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Why so much?
    Cause more is always better duh!. It's why you take 6 ibuprofen instead of 1 when you have pain. That way you get double the pain relief!.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Why so much?
    Why not? For every supplement except perhaps creatine and beta alanine the most efficient doses have never been established. Could very well get much better results from 5-6 grams and its not a really expensive supp. Like why on Earth would you not experiment with higher doses if you have the money and feel inclined to. Its not like we have any proof that 2.5 grams is the maximum effective dose
    phaggy opinions+certainty=douchebag status

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post

    Why not? For every supplement except perhaps creatine and beta alanine the most efficient doses have never been established. Could very well get much better results from 5-6 grams and its not a really expensive supp. Like why on Earth would you not experiment with higher doses if you have the money and feel inclined to
    Or perhaps there is a toxiological bell curve that exists.

    But sureeee

    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  25. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Weird question, but has anyone else noticed or been told they smell like maple syrup while using TMG? I'm 3 weeks in using 3g/day...my wife tells me I smell like that, life it's coming out of my pores...it's been really the only thing I've added in...though I'm also using alphamine, which makes me sweat pretty easily...
    That happens with fenugreek, but I've never had it happen w/ TMG and I've been using it consistently at approx. 2.5 g per day for a year.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. All Aboard the Fail Train
    By Chub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 11:06 AM
  2. The best training style while "on" a bulker
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 01:58 AM
  4. The Calendar (Training Frequency)
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 07:25 PM
  5. The "Common Training Styles" sticky
    By Inzah Dude in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Log in
Log in