All aboard the Betaine train.

Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

1. Just an extra post to make sure people buying betaine (trimethylglycine/TMG) are NOT buying betaine HCL.

Very different purposes lol.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

2. Anybody posted choo choo yet? If not:

Choo choo.
    •   

3. Betaine is really interesting stuff, and I've always thought so (I remember AEN years ago promoting it).

4. Health Supplement Wholesale Warehouse has kilo's for $24 I've used their noots and they seem legit. Fast shipping. I'd go with Nutra if they stocked it again.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Health Supplement Wholesale Warehouse has kilo's for $24 I've used their noots and they seem legit. Fast shipping. I'd go with Nutra if they stocked it again.
    Can't find this
    phaggy opinions+certainty=douchebag status

6. You wouldn't get enough TMG from beets, although they are good for overall health.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    You wouldn't get enough TMG from beets, although they are good for overall health.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

8. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    good lord they got a lotta flavors
    phaggy opinions+certainty=douchebag status

9. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I read that s Beef flavoured LOL.
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Haha, thanks guys. We're going to be doing more betaine studies in the future as well. I have a few cool ideas to see try and see exactly what it can do, and how the hell it works.
    Jason,

Really awesome stuff man, congratulations! That's phenomenal friend! If you need any volunteers in future research LET ME KNOW!!!!
    Founder & Owner
    Aspire. Train. Perform. Nutrition
    "More than a supplement company."
    •   

11. Jason, I am interested to know if you have a hypothesis to any reasoning behind the differences between microcycle 2 and microcycles 1 and 3 in terms of results?
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

12. Congrats matey
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

13. great post

14. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Jason, I am interested to know if you have a hypothesis to any reasoning behind the differences between microcycle 2 and microcycles 1 and 3 in terms of results?
    I discussed a few things in the text. One thought was that perhaps betaine works best for moderate-higher rep training (hypertrophy 8-12) that creates a larger metabolic demand vs. lower rep training (4-6 as micro cycle 2 was) that creates a smaller metabolic demand. that was for the upper body.

15. ZR,

I take TMG (750 mg) three times a day; each time with a Jarrow B-Right.

Do you have any thoughts or observations as to synergy between TMG and B-Complex?

16. Improved Hcy metabolism. Which, based on our study results, likely isn't going to enhance gains (it won't hurt them by any means, though).

17. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Improved Hcy metabolism. Which, based on our study results, likely isn't going to enhance gains (it won't hurt them by any means, though).
    Great, that is the reason I am taking the two together. The joy of having a family history of heart disease.....

18. Only tried TMG in the form of Condense, so not really sure how it will taste in bulk. I did some research and most say it has a mild sweet taste.

Ordered bulk TMG from a big UK supplier and just tried some in water.. it's so sour it's undrinkable.. I mean, it's so sour, I had to spit it out.
    Tried to mask the taste with whey, but the taste is just awful.

I've looked into HCL and apparently it has that sour taste.. did I get the wrong kind of Betaine?

The bag says TRIMETHYLGLYCINE POWDER (TMG) and the content looks a bit like sugar.

Any suggestions to get it to go down quicker?

19. Quote Originally Posted by bdybldnaam View Post
    Only tried TMG in the form of Condense, so not really sure how it will taste in bulk. I did some research and most say it has a mild sweet taste.

Ordered bulk TMG from a big UK supplier and just tried some in water.. it's so sour it's undrinkable.. I mean, it's so sour, I had to spit it out.

I've looked into HCL and apparently it has that sour taste.. did I get the wrong kind of Betaine?

The bag says TRIMETHYLGLYCINE POWDER (TMG) and the content looks a bit like sugar.

I am not doubting your experience, but the bulk TMG I have is very bland, with maybe slightly sweet overtones.

It is NOTHING like what you are describing.

20. Thx Beau.

This is def not mild. Lol.
    Nothing can mask this taste and it def not sweet.
    Very sour and acidic.

Will try and contact them and hear what they have to say.

21. Quote Originally Posted by bdybldnaam View Post
    Only tried TMG in the form of Condense, so not really sure how it will taste in bulk. I did some research and most say it has a mild sweet taste.

Make sure you get Betaine Anhydrous and not Betaine HCl.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    Make sure you get Betaine Anhydrous and not Betaine HCl.
    Good catch - I din't even think about that as a possibility.

I can't only imagine Betaine HCL might taste like holy heck.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Good catch - I din't even think about that as a possibility.

I can't only imagine Betaine HCL might taste like holy heck.
    I meant if you're looking to supplement Betaine, use the anhydrous form. I've never had bulk Betaine so I have no idea what it tastes like.

24. It's definitely the right kind I ordered. Betaine Anhydrous (TMG).

But I'm starting to think I got HCL marked as TMG..

25. My bulk TMG from HSW has a very mild, sweet flavor.

26. Quote Originally Posted by bdybldnaam View Post
    It's definitely the right kind I ordered. Betaine Anhydrous (TMG).

But I'm starting to think I got HCL marked as TMG..
    If it tastes acidic, then you got HCL. Which you don't want.

27. I'm actually quite shocked that the powder is marked TMG, if it's indeed HCL.

They are one of the biggest distributors of bulk supplements in Europe and that's a mistake they shouldn't make.

But I can tell you that I still had that acidic feeling/taste in my mouth/throat till I went out to dinner.. just awful..
    Perhaps the worst tasting supplement I've ever had. Lol.

28. Quote Originally Posted by bdybldnaam View Post
    I'm actually quite shocked that the powder is marked TMG, if it's indeed HCL.

They are one of the biggest distributors of bulk supplements in Europe and that's a mistake they shouldn't make.

But I can tell you that I still had that acidic feeling/taste in my mouth/throat till I went out to dinner.. just awful..
    It's HCl. Betaine anhydrous tastes like a weak sugar

29. Thx guys.

Will update when I get a response from the supplier.

30. Quote Originally Posted by bdybldnaam View Post
    I'm actually quite shocked that the powder is marked TMG, if it's indeed HCL.

I can't compare, but several years ago I took some ALA in powder form - and it wasn't too pleasant.

Similar Forum Threads

1. All Aboard the Fail Train
    By Chub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 12:06 PM
  2. The best training style while "on" a bulker
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 02:58 AM
  4. The Calendar (Training Frequency)