Rhodiola dosing

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Rhodiola dosing


    Picked up some rhodiola extract to try and help relieve some cortisol and belly fat

    Name:  image-1536441487.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  534.0 KB

    What would be the best dosing scheme for daily use. I've read mixed info when it comes to mg/day in regards to % extract ... Thanks
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html

  2. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513130

    At that % extract 1-2 caps in the morning on an empty stomach. You'll probably have to experiment to find your sweet spot depending on your needs. Lower doses of RR are energizing, while higher doses are sedating...but that will depend on your sensitivity.
  3. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    At that % extract 1-2 caps in the morning on an empty stomach. You'll probably have to experiment to find your sweet spot depending on your needs. Lower doses of RR are energizing, while higher doses are sedating...but that will depend on your sensitivity.
    I would do 2 cap pre workout. N watch endurance go up
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    At that % extract 1-2 caps in the morning on an empty stomach. You'll probably have to experiment to find your sweet spot depending on your needs. Lower doses of RR are energizing, while higher doses are sedating...but that will depend on your sensitivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    I would do 2 cap pre workout. N watch endurance go up
    Thanks to both

    I was leaning towards one cap am (pre workout) and another with my last meal of the day close to bed
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  5. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    You're not gonna get the results you desire as rhodiola has no effect on belly fat, but use 2 caps daily, either together or split
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    Ched, I thought you had bad reactions to cortisol lowering products. Your ergobolic experience?.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  7. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Rhodiola WILL NOT appreciably lower cortisol. Then again, ergobolic should also have had minimal effect since its adaptogen-based (optimizes levels rather than lowering them, per se)
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Ched, I thought you had bad reactions to cortisol lowering products. Your ergobolic experience?.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Rhodiola WILL NOT appreciably lower cortisol. Then again, ergobolic should also have had minimal effect since its adaptogen-based (optimizes levels rather than lowering them, per se)
    Well I've always had great results when using products with rhodiola.. I'm not sure wtf happened with ergobolic but yea I did not respond well. I know rhodiola does not illicit the same effect in me though. If anything, it'll just help with adrenal fatigue symptoms i hope.

    I have an apt with a new endo to discuss and hopefully get se tests now that my low test has been fixed via a clomid restart.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  9. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You're not gonna get the results you desire as rhodiola has no effect on belly fat, but use 2 caps daily, either together or split
    I notice a significant leaning effect when I mix it with a few other key herbs . But that hit just gets expensive
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  10. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    I notice a significant leaning effect when I mix it with a few other key herbs . But that hit just gets expensive
    Using it with c20, versa1, and AI perform at 2 caps a day for libido support. No hormonals, letting my test work for itself for a while.

    Using ap, alcar, and agmatine as well as curcumin for support supps. Goal is lean bulk
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  11. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

    Using it with c20, versa1, and AI perform at 2 caps a day for libido support. No hormonals, letting my test work for itself for a while.

    Using ap, alcar, and agmatine as well as curcumin for support supps. Goal is lean bulk
    I like test powder a lot for my daa. Tropinol has been pretty good to me as well

    I liked the c20 versa1 stack. Actually going to run it again. Not to do a shameless plug but have you looked at metabolic powder? Adding that in with increased calories can be your savior with adding pure lean mass and little adipose.
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  12. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    I like test powder a lot for my daa. Tropinol has been pretty good to me as well

    I liked the c20 versa1 stack. Actually going to run it again. Not to do a shameless plug but have you looked at metabolic powder? Adding that in with increased calories can be your savior with adding pure lean mass and little adipose.
    Yep I got test powder on hand for the near future, treats me well. I like the mangosteen or whatever is in there leans me out!

    I looked at the metabolic powder as I love rk, however, I'm not sure garcinia treats my stomach well... Handful of times I've used and get lots of distention and discomfort
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  13. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

    Yep I got test powder on hand for the near future, treats me well. I like the mangosteen or whatever is in there leans me out!

    I looked at the metabolic powder as I love rk, however, I'm not sure garcinia treats my stomach well... Handful of times I've used and get lots of distention and discomfort
    That's interesting. I'm the opposite if I use to much I get constipated
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  14. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Well I've always had great results when using products with rhodiola.. I'm not sure wtf happened with ergobolic but yea I did not respond well. I know rhodiola does not illicit the same effect in me though. If anything, it'll just help with adrenal fatigue symptoms i hope.

    I have an apt with a new endo to discuss and hopefully get se tests now that my low test has been fixed via a clomid restart.
    If you have Addison's disease, you need hormone replacement therapy. Otherwise, adrenal fatigue isn't a real condition. Rhodiola simply improves mood secondary to sedative effects + has acute performance benefits
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  15. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    If you have Addison's disease, you need hormone replacement therapy. Otherwise, adrenal fatigue isn't a real condition. Rhodiola simply improves mood secondary to sedative effects + has acute performance benefits
    Got it. Would be possible, given my history and the fact that I already have arthritis, one form of an auto immune disease. Making Addison's a likely culprit, no?

    Although I am not experiencing weight loss, nor not really weight gain.. Just horrible recomposition of fat gain and loss roller coaster for no Identifiable reason whatsoever.
    Whatever my issue, I'm
    Willing to bet lots of $$ it's cortisol related since my thyroid numbers come back normal. Whether it is too low or too high cortisol is now the question.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  16. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Got it. Would be possible, given my history and the fact that I already have arthritis, one form of an auto immune disease. Making Addison's a likely culprit, no?

    Although I am not experiencing weight loss, nor not really weight gain.. Just horrible recomposition of fat gain and loss roller coaster for no Identifiable reason whatsoever.
    Whatever my issue, I'm
    Willing to bet lots of $$ it's cortisol related since my thyroid numbers come back normal. Whether it is too low or too high cortisol is now the question.
    Have you talked to your physician? Honestly, with this level of pseudo-science, I'm worried you're gonna self-medicate for the wrong thing. One autoimmune disease definitely does not predispose to another...especially arthritis to addison's LOL. I also highly doubt it's cortisol unless you're truly overtraining
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  17. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Have you talked to your physician? Honestly, with this level of pseudo-science, I'm worried you're gonna self-medicate for the wrong thing. One autoimmune disease definitely does not predispose to another...especially arthritis to addison's LOL. I also highly doubt it's cortisol unless you're truly overtraining
    I have but I can't get any more tests done til after I get hired (or not).

    I over trained for soo long, and under ate. I think my ability to recover is just so bad after all the abuse I put my body through. It seems that the harder I train, the worse off I get. I'm not gonna medicate for anything else, was just curious about adding the rhodiola in as a band aid til I can get the proper tests done.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  18. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I have but I can't get any more tests done til after I get hired (or not).

    I over trained for soo long, and under ate. I think my ability to recover is just so bad after all the abuse I put my body through. It seems that the harder I train, the worse off I get. I'm not gonna medicate for anything else, was just curious about adding the rhodiola in as a band aid til I can get the proper tests done.
    How is your training like now? Post up your weekly lifting + cardio, let's start there. Cals/protein/carbs/fat too
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  19. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    How is your training like now? Post up your weekly lifting + cardio, let's start there. Cals/protein/carbs/fat too
    This is all in a thread I started 'skinny fat help' lemme find link
    Edit:

    Skinny fat help

    All that info is on the first page cy
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  20. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    The answer is right in front of you. You are low carbing and low fatting. You have quite literally no good substrates for energy production. You have to learn from past mistakes man. You need to pretty much double your caloric intake, but doing so immediately may result in some rebound weight gain. Thus, focus on adding 50-100 calories a week (as pure carbs or carbs + fat) for a few months
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  21. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The answer is right in front of you. You are low carbing and low fatting. You have quite literally no good substrates for energy production. You have to learn from past mistakes man. You need to pretty much double your caloric intake, but doing so immediately may result in some rebound weight gain. Thus, focus on adding 50-100 calories a week (as pure carbs or carbs + fat) for a few months
    Good post. Reverse dieting sucks but works
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  22. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The answer is right in front of you. You are low carbing and low fatting. You have quite literally no good substrates for energy production. You have to learn from past mistakes man. You need to pretty much double your caloric intake, but doing so immediately may result in some rebound weight gain. Thus, focus on adding 50-100 calories a week (as pure carbs or carbs + fat) for a few months
    Yea I figured as much. Crazy bc it feels like I'm eating so much for real.. Pretty crazy stuff man. You always steer me in the right direction tho!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  23. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Yea I figured as much. Crazy bc it feels like I'm eating so much for real.. Pretty crazy stuff man. You always steer me in the right direction tho!
    Getting a significant surplus of calories from primarily clean foods is a rather herculean task imo..An easy way to get a good balance of macros in a meal w/o feeling like a feast is to get a blended protein powder (1-2 scoops) milk (almond or regular whole milk) 1-2 tbsp EVOO, 2 tbsp natty pb.. +/-800 calories right there..
  24. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    But as Coop said, you need to slowly work up your calories and let your metabolism acclimate itself, or else you will have some unwanted adipose accumulation.. Going from bulking to dieting is the opposite.. Cut cals immediately and take advantage of the revved up metabo..
  25. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    And btw ched, I'm willing to bet your cortisol IS through the roof. This is because you have inadequate fat/carb intake, so your body must convert skeletal muscle protein to glucose via gluconeogenesis.

    DO NOT attempt to reduce cortisol. This excess cortisol release is pretty much the only thing keeping you alive with that kind of radical diet. Without cortisol, you'd risk progressive neural decline
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  26. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    And btw ched, I'm willing to bet your cortisol IS through the roof. This is because you have inadequate fat/carb intake, so your body must convert skeletal muscle protein to glucose via gluconeogenesis.

    DO NOT attempt to reduce cortisol. This excess cortisol release is pretty much the only thing keeping you alive with that kind of radical diet. Without cortisol, you'd risk progressive neural decline
    ^^ this big time
  27. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    And btw ched, I'm willing to bet your cortisol IS through the roof. This is because you have inadequate fat/carb intake, so your body must convert skeletal muscle protein to glucose via gluconeogenesis.

    DO NOT attempt to reduce cortisol. This excess cortisol release is pretty much the only thing keeping you alive with that kind of radical diet. Without cortisol, you'd risk progressive neural decline
    That sounds not good. So ill just keep adding cals like u said then.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  28. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

    That sounds not good. So ill just keep adding cals like u said then.
    Start w/ a ~ 5-10% increase for 2 weeka
  29. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,283
    Rep Power
    1571134

    Picked up some Ezekiel bread to start having sandwiches instead of turkey n Swiss wrapped in lettuce lol
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  30. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Picked up some Ezekiel bread to start having sandwiches instead of turkey n Swiss wrapped in lettuce lol
    Dear god man!
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
  2. more on dosing - minimums or ratios?
    By MrTrap in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 12:52 PM
  3. SU Dosing?
    By dodgeee-O in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2002, 09:39 PM
  4. Going with the extreme dose
    By Aneas in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 09:17 PM
  5. Split Dosing
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2002, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.