Curcumin dose timing

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going to start using curcumin to help fight my arthritis and joint aches. I liked cissus but It didnt help my lower back arthritis.

Anywho- what is the best timing of doses, as i don't want to suppress inflammation Around my workouts.... I'm thinking 500mg at least 3 hours pre workout and another 500mg 3 hours post workout.. Or maybe like 2 hours before bed.

Anyone with experience with this please chime in!

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I've been taking ginger root in cap form, 550 mg twice a day & I've noticed more range of motion in my shoulders. I've tried curcumin but didn't notice much. Perhaps I was under dosing it.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going to start using curcumin to help fight my arthritis and joint aches. I liked cissus but It didnt help my lower back arthritis.

Anywho- what is the best timing of doses, as i don't want to suppress inflammation Around my workouts.... I'm thinking 500mg at least 3 hours pre workout and another 500mg 3 hours post workout.. Or maybe like 2 hours before bed.

Anyone with experience with this please chime in!
I like taking it 30 minutes pre meal with my gdas

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcp.22093/abstract;jsessionid=D842B447CAFB8FC5F2721494B8B1EF10.d04t01?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0939475309002877

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you wish to supplement with curcumin get curcumin bound to phosphatidylcholine (Meriva).

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
If you wish to supplement with curcumin get curcumin bound to phosphatidylcholine (Meriva).

Reason? Also I'm researching using this for Crohn's and chronic inflammation. Good idea? Dosing at 600mg twice daily?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To improve curcumins solubility and increase its ability to reach the tissues of the body

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So when I begin my 8 weeks of versa, ill be good?? :D should I take 500mg once or twice a day? I got jarrows formula 95% curcuminoids 500mg.

Is it bad to take too close to a workout ( 1 hour pre WITH versa) or will the presence of versa 1 in the system simply be enough to aid in absorption?

I have ankylosing spondylitis (fusion/stiffening of hips to lower spine) form of arthritis. Also being tested for other Auto immune inflammatory diseases and possible cortisol issues. I'm 24 fwiw. Just not sure if two doses is the best way to go / when to take so as not to suppress to the necessary acute inflammation for muscle growth! Thankssssss

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I thought curcumin's bioavailability is extremely poor and nothing really comes close to attaining the proper amounts.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought curcumin's bioavailability is extremely poor and nothing really comes close to attaining the proper amounts.
It is poor. Bioperine supposedly helps.

I take 4-5g a day

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The bioperine study is so flawed I don't know where to begin.

For oral curcumin use, Meriva at 1g daily
Ill look into that. I get decent Recomp effects from 4-5g of the vitamin shoppe brand. Sad I know but can't fight results

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
So this one is good, right?

I'm asking because I found a place where the price is so low I can't believe it

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Well, I ordered it. SN is a good brand just can't believe the price compared to Doctor's Best and Thorne so maybe it want the exact right kind (?)...$73 for five bottles of that stuff, Jesus. That makes it $7.30 a month @ two a day. Meanwhile Thorne and DB are 2-3 x that price

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well, I ordered it. SN is a good brand just can't believe the price compared to Doctor's Best and Thorne so maybe it want the exact right kind (?)...$73 for five bottles of that stuff, Jesus. That makes it $7.30 a month @ two a day. Meanwhile Thorne and DB are 2-3 x that price
I looked into this a few months back and noticed the same thing. Like it's not even close. i was thus hesitant to buy (and didn't)

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I looked into this a few months back and noticed the same thing. Like it's not even close. i was thus hesitant to buy (and didn't)
Ugh..this sale was so insane, normally its 110 on this site which is still a good price but they had a special 25% coupon on this brand plus the site always has free shipping. I use SN MSM and I'm pretty sure its real because it tastes exactly the same as every other MSM I've ever had the misfortune to taste. This stuff though I have nothing to judge against. I think I'll just give it a shot I'm not counting on curcumin for anything vital to me so its not like if it doesnt work ill be set back from where I was. Its just for general health/controlling inflammation reasons that I was interested plus the price

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any thoughts on LE super biocurcumin? Their belief is that Turmeric is not harvested long enough; thus the poor bioavailability.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Any thoughts on LE super biocurcumin? Their belief is that Turmeric is not harvested long enough; thus the poor bioavailability.
Is their belief supported by any literature?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
IIRC in house research. It's been forever since I read it. It was in their magazine so I don't know if any outside literature exists.
I'd be interested to read what they say. In house studies could be flawed beyond comprehension.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
LEF uses the best of everything in their world. But in seriousness, they do use quality ingredients most of the time

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
That doesn't look like its bonded...just blended
It's complexed, you won't get/want a bond here. The phosphatidylcholine is real cool with the bilayer and gets the curcumin in the club, introduces him to a few bilayer friends and then dips out. That's all the curcumin needed to gain acceptance.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been using 500mg 1 time a day.

Joints responded nicely but now getting worse again. Been about a month. Thoughts on upping to 1000mg? Dose Recommendation? Thanks in advance

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been using 500mg 1 time a day.

Joints responded nicely but now getting worse again. Been about a month. Thoughts on upping to 1000mg? Dose Recommendation? Thanks in advance
I routinely do 800-1600 per meal. I see no problem. With curcuminoids the more the better IMO

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
look out for a supplement company soon coming out with a curcumin supplement with nano technology

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
Has anyone experienced or heard of relief in symptoms of colitis/ulcerative colitis when using curcumin?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been dosing curcumin for a month and my joints are on fire... No relief. And recently injured my hammy on SLDL. Fckin curcumin.

Thinking of adding fish oil back (took the summer off i had been on for a year straight) lots of pain over the last week. Really sucks and cutting into my cardio and certain lifts.. Even walkin and sitting is painful now

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Been dosing curcumin for a month and my joints are on fire... No relief. And recently injured my hammy on SLDL. Fckin curcumin.

Thinking of adding fish oil back (took the summer off i had been on for a year straight) lots of pain over the last week. Really sucks and cutting into my cardio and certain lifts.. Even walkin and sitting is painful now
That sucks man. Check this stuff out.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/?s=hamstring+

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

I'm not sure where you got the idea that curcumin will help your joints, but it obviously won't lol.

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
My friend suffers badly at times with this and I'd be interested to show him anything that helps. (Sorry to hijack). Such a bizarre sickness that I find out more and more people suffer with...

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
This may have been asked already, but what company has anyone found that has good bioavailability as that seems to be the main issue?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure where you got the idea that curcumin will help your joints, but it obviously won't lol.
I just figured since it helps with inflammation that it would help with joints too. I want to up my dose to a gram a day.
(500mg caps)

when should I dose coop, so I don't hinder the acute inflammation needed for muscle growth?
Been doing one cap with a meal in the evening around 8-9pm so it would be far enough away from the workout. Should I do another before bed at like 11-12? Or first thing in am pre cardio?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I just figured since it helps with inflammation that it would help with joints too. I want to up my dose to a gram a day.
(500mg caps)

when should I dose coop, so I don't hinder the acute inflammation needed for muscle growth?
Been doing one cap with a meal in the evening around 8-9pm so it would be far enough away from the workout. Should I do another before bed at like 11-12? Or first thing in am pre cardio?
It won't matter when you dose, curcumin will neither affect muscle growth nor joints in bulk form

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something isn't clicking here...
Lol c'mon man i understand.

I understand that curcumin:
1) won't affect muscle growth
2) won't affect joints
3) only effects inflammation

4) final question - is 1g all at once too much?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

2) won't affect joints

Is 1g too much for what purpose? Bulk curcumin only affects gut inflammation

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

2) won't affect joints

He's saying the bioavailbility is so poor, it's not worth it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to take about 3 gr at a time so it wont hurt u, likely just wont help u.
inb4 triazole has ATD in it.