The Obesity Epidemic
- 08-02-2013, 08:39 PM
My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html
- 08-08-2013, 10:41 PM
I saw a story on the news last night about a guy that was videotaping obese people and putting the videos on youtube. Now I can't find the story though. I was going to post it in this thread.
08-09-2013, 11:43 AM
08-09-2013, 12:04 PM
08-09-2013, 12:14 PM
08-09-2013, 01:03 PM
08-09-2013, 09:16 PM
08-09-2013, 09:43 PM
08-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Obesity isn't a disease. It's not genetic, it's not caused by big bones, poor metabolism, or even lack of exercise for the most part, although that can obviously be a factor, but it's not the cause. It all comes down to the MODERN DIET. Just look at history. Look back 50-60 years, you can see the old home 16mm movies of families at the beach etc. See any fat kids? Morbidly obese adults? No. They didn't exist.
Since the 70's for example, when US farmers started to grow huge quantities of corn (at the behest of the Government), which kick started the high-fructose corn syrup revolution. As we all (should) know, fructose in large quantities can suppress leptin, the hormone that carries the “stop now, you’re full” message to the brain. The result? A whole group of people who just don’t know when to stop eating. And HFCS is in a ridiculous quantity of foods, ones where you wouldn't even think it was necessary! This is just one of the issues alongside the ridiculous "food pyramid"... the demonisation of fat and cholesterol... modern wheat... the list goes on. Couple all this with modern advertising, the fact junk food is EVERYWHERE, lack of education, awareness, Government nutritional advisors in the back pocket of agribusiness and food companies, and many executives and board members of those companies being former politicians... what chance does the AVERAGE person really have?! Anyone reading this is NOT average by the way, by virtue of the fact you're on a website like this... I'm talking about everyone else, the vast majority of the population.
08-10-2013, 11:05 AM
08-10-2013, 12:13 PM
IMO some simple steps that should be taken first by anyone that is obese.
1. Get a check up and make sure you are not going to croak if you start to do some activity.
2. Think of things that you would not mind doing such as walks in the park, free walking tours in your city or cities close by that may interest you. Find outdoor concerts you would like dancing at, walks at sunrise or sunset and so on. (The real "exercise" can come later the idea being getting some one to do something more than they currently are.)
3. Keep you grocery shopping to the exterior of the grocery store, ie meats, produce and clean dairy(not 30g sugar yogurt). Use spices to create flavors you like and can live with.
These steps should get you to at the minimum feel better. Once you start to feel better you can tackle some more advanced techniques. Do this for a year and see where your at.
Is it the answer, no, is it a start and doable by anyone HELL YES.
08-10-2013, 01:33 PM
08-10-2013, 10:47 PM
I am equally impressed by all three. All three are inherently unhealthy and to be blunt stupid. I hope you can tell I am not being sarcastic.
08-11-2013, 12:07 PM
The act of eating 63 hot dogs in 60 seconds and shooting heroin is not the same. What I was speaking to was their ability to eat those large amounts of foods In that period of time. Anyone can snort a large amount of coke. Anyone. But very few people can eat 63 hot dogs in 60 seconds. That's what's impressive. I wasn't speaking to it being healthy or not.
Furthermore If you want to talk about it being healthy the top level guys that do this don't eat like that year round and if you can present any science that says what they do during competitions causes them to be less "healthy" than the rest of us then you have a point, but you don't know that to be true.
Hopefully that helps you understand, I didn't think it was that difficult to understand in the first place, but I guess I was wrong.
I can't even believe I am still talking about this lol.
08-11-2013, 12:47 PM
08-11-2013, 01:03 PM
I have to say again its not impressive shoveling that much food down your throat. It's absolutely disgusting and shameful.
08-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By MetalMX in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 04-12-2014, 11:21 AM
- By dotyfish in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM
- By liquid in forum SupplementsReplies: 12Last Post: 08-12-2009, 08:31 PM
- By EasyEJL in forum Weight LossReplies: 15Last Post: 05-12-2009, 03:09 PM
- By machinehead in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-2007, 05:58 PM