LCLT-REGULAR OR CARNIPURE, AND DOSING QS

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Hey people hopefully someone in the know can help me out with this
wanting to get LCLT but unsure if a plain bulk LCLT will be good enough or does it really need to be the CARNIPURE type made by Lonza which is found in a few supps, or is plain regular LCLT good enough?

Does the 300g LCLT powder by AInnovations smell/taste fishy?

Read conflicting views as to when it should be dosed some say pre-workout some say post workout, would it not do its job taken either time?

If it couldnt be taken pre-workout then would it be ok to take it with breakfast as being the meal before training, or would postworkout be better?

Read alot about it but unsure as to the best dosing, if it really matters that is

Poliquin says carnitine should be taken with carbs as the insulin spike will help and is needed to actually load it into the muscle, or failing that it can be taken with omega 3 fatty acids as they will do the same thing, BUT says it must be taken with either carbs for the insulin release or the omega 3s

So for me either taking LCLT postworkout with carbs, or with breakfast before training from the insulin spike from the carbs and at the sime time my omega 3 liquid, one of these scenarios would be best for me

Thank you

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
2-3g LCLT pre or post workout is fine. No need to take with carbs. Haven't tried AI Sports LCLT. Only MyoBuild from MuscleTech and Compete from iForce.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If androgen receptor density preservation/recovery is your goal, take 2-3g preworkout. If muscle carnitine loading and subsequent substrate shifts is your goal, take it with high carb meals

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
If androgen receptor density preservation/recovery is your goal, take 2-3g preworkout. If muscle carnitine loading and subsequent substrate shifts is your goal, take it with high carb meals

So i will only get the benefits of increased AR if i take it pre-workout, would it still not apply taken postworkouts?

in all the 21day studies on LCLT did the subjects not take it postworkout?

Could pre-workout LCLT be taken with a meal like breakfast approx 90mins before training?
or even 2g pre and 2g post?

Is there any chance i could feel/notice anything from using LCLT?

Do i need to use the carnipure LCLT or will AInnovations LCLT be good enough, and does it taste/smell fishy??

Thanks Coop and anyone else who adds, appreciated.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So i will only get the benefits of increased AR if i take it pre-workout, would it still not apply taken postworkouts?

in all the 21day studies on LCLT did the subjects not take it postworkout?

Could pre-workout LCLT be taken with a meal like breakfast approx 90mins before training?
or even 2g pre and 2g post?

Is there any chance i could feel/notice anything from using LCLT?

Do i need to use the carnipure LCLT or will AInnovations LCLT be good enough, and does it taste/smell fishy??

Thanks Coop and anyone else who adds, appreciated.
It's difficult to tell because the benefits of LCLT are likely two-fold in function:

A. An antioxidant-esque protective effect on the muscle cell + improved waste product removal
B. A gradual elevation in muscle carnitine that may improve aerobic performance and enhance fat loss

Taking LCLT just postworkout, without carbs, is a waste IMO. Taking it postworkout, during peak insulin sensitivity, with carbs, would be beneficial for point B.

If you want to experience the benefits of point A, take it preworkout.

You may feel less sore from use LCLT. My recommendation is the nutraplanet brand. It does smell fishy, like any carnitine.

cjwav34

Awards
OP I submitted a request to AI for a CoA for their LCLT product. I'll post it if I receive one.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
It's difficult to tell because the benefits of LCLT are likely two-fold in function:

A. An antioxidant-esque protective effect on the muscle cell + improved waste product removal
B. A gradual elevation in muscle carnitine that may improve aerobic performance and enhance fat loss

Taking LCLT just postworkout, without carbs, is a waste IMO. Taking it postworkout, during peak insulin sensitivity, with carbs, would be beneficial for point B.

If you want to experience the benefits of point A, take it preworkout.

You may feel less sore from use LCLT. My recommendation is the nutraplanet brand. It does smell fishy, like any carnitine.

So with bfast the meal before workout is ok, and/ or postworkout is ok with carbs also?

I am only interested in its increase of AR properties, any improvement in recovery/performance and any fat burning benefits and hopefully increasing muscle carnitine levels

dosing it in one of the above ways be ok with bfast with carbs or postworkout with carbs, would the dose be best split between these 2 times or would just one or the other be ok?

Do i need to purchase carnipure carnitine or would AI carnitine still do the job?, (cant order from nutraplanet as in UK), but i dont fancy the fishy taste/odour or is carnipure still the same?
I have no probs getting carnipure if its really worth it

Sorry for the Qs just wana be clear on this
Cheers Mr C

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
OP I submitted a request to AI for a CoA for their LCLT product. I'll post it if I receive one.
thanks, will consider AI carnitine but put off by reports of a fishy odour,taste and smell

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So with bfast the meal before workout is ok, and/ or postworkout is ok with carbs also?

I am only interested in its increase of AR properties, any improvement in recovery/performance and any fat burning benefits and hopefully increasing muscle carnitine levels

dosing it in one of the above ways be ok with bfast with carbs or postworkout with carbs, would the dose be best split between these 2 times or would just one or the other be ok?

Do i need to purchase carnipure carnitine or would AI carnitine still do the job?, (cant order from nutraplanet as in UK), but i dont fancy the fishy taste/odour or is carnipure still the same?
I have no probs getting carnipure if its really worth it

Sorry for the Qs just wana be clear on this
Cheers Mr C
If you dose it postworkout with carbs, you get the fat loss/muscle carnitine benefits. Same with breakfast.

You don't need carnipure but again, but just make sure whatever you buy is quality. Again, all carnitines have a fishy odor

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
I have a tub of the AI 300g LCLT - It smells fishy dry, but once you mix it with water or in with your preWO there is no fishy taste or smell that I've ever been able to detect.

Also, I experienced no fishy body odor, fishy sweat smell, etc. during workouts. (I heard that some people may be prone to this)

z28spd

Awards
LCLT is supposed to smell fishy and be sticky. If it's not, it's not LCLT. I wouldnt buy from AI. The first two tubs I bought from there were as described. The next two I got tasted like sugar. I was then sent replacements only to receive the same thing. Was offered a refund. I am still waiting for my said refund 2 months later.

Also have read similar reviews from multiple sites reporting the same non smell, taste.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
If you dose it postworkout with carbs, you get the fat loss/muscle carnitine benefits. Same with breakfast.

Does it actually help with fat loss or only long term if muscle carnitine is elevated?

Coop, wont i get increased AR by dosing it in these ways, the above benefits sound good but i also want the increased AR benefits recovery etc,
if not how do i get round this, does it need to be taken just immediately pre workout as the only way to increase AR, OR would bfast as the meal before training approx 90mins not class as a pre-workout dose?

So for it to be proper LCLT it all must have a fishy odour even taste regardless of brand/supplier, is carnipure the same also?

I will go with a carnipure LCLT play safe if not then possibly Ainnovations despite the poor reports of its taste,odour,inconsistency

Have come across a liquid LCLT carnipure supp by bricker labs seems could be an option

Thanks man

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
I have a tub of the AI 300g LCLT - It smells fishy dry, but once you mix it with water or in with your preWO there is no fishy taste or smell that I've ever been able to detect.

Also, I experienced no fishy body odor, fishy sweat smell, etc. during workouts. (I heard that some people may be prone to this)

Have read users complain of a fishy nasty taste and odour of the AI and bulk LCLT thats putting me off, and a fishy body odour thats not an acceptable side effect

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
LCLT is supposed to smell fishy and be sticky. If it's not, it's not LCLT. I wouldnt buy from AI. The first two tubs I bought from there were as described. The next two I got tasted like sugar. I was then sent replacements only to receive the same thing. Was offered a refund. I am still waiting for my said refund 2 months later.

Also have read similar reviews from multiple sites reporting the same non smell, taste.
that puts me off the ainnovations although very cheap seems a little inconsistent between batches as you say
you mean you have read of others using the AI LCLT and report no fishy smell or taste?

i want to use a good product with no inconsistency and ideally no fish taste or smell

cheers

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Does it actually help with fat loss or only long term if muscle carnitine is elevated?

Coop, wont i get increased AR by dosing it in these ways, the above benefits sound good but i also want the increased AR benefits recovery etc,
if not how do i get round this, does it need to be taken just immediately pre workout as the only way to increase AR, OR would bfast as the meal before training approx 90mins not class as a pre-workout dose?

So for it to be proper LCLT it all must have a fishy odour even taste regardless of brand/supplier, is carnipure the same also?

I will go with a carnipure LCLT play safe if not then possibly Ainnovations despite the poor reports of its taste,odour,inconsistency

Have come across a liquid LCLT carnipure supp by bricker labs seems could be an option

Thanks man
You should take it preworkout for the AR benefits. The AR is "protected" by LCLT, which scavenges detrimental metabolites during exercise.

If you want to elevate muscle carnitine, you will need to use it every day with a high carb meal for months on end.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
You should take it preworkout for the AR benefits. The AR is "protected" by LCLT, which scavenges detrimental metabolites during exercise.

If you want to elevate muscle carnitine, you will need to use it every day with a high carb meal for months on end.
Coop what is your favorite brand of LCLT, ive been using AI sports for a while and never smelled anything fishy which now seems fishy to me. I will switch up brands once i run out.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards

So taking it postworkout i WONT GET the increased AR benefits, only when its taken pre?
taking it with bfast before training with carbs not count as pre-workout dose?

and could it be taken pre with or without carbs and post with carbs for all benefits?

Is all brands of LCLT inc carnipure supposed to smell / taste fishy?

Thanks for your help

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I feel like I've answered this ten times lol... Have you been reading my replies?

The answers to all 4 questions in your above post are yes. You can do 1.5g preworkout, 1.5g post workout with carbs

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
I feel like I've answered this ten times lol... Have you been reading my replies?

The answers to all 4 questions in your above post are yes. You can do 1.5g preworkout, 1.5g post workout with carbs

sorry just wanted to clarify-

pre-workout with bfast will still give me increased AR even though not immediately pre-workout, and also help load muscle carnitine from the insulin?

think i will just dose it once for convienence either with bfast with carbs or postworkout with carbs @3-4g daily, will i get increased AR and load mucsle carnitine this way?

both types are supposed to have fishy odour/taste both regular and carnipure LCLT?

Thanks for clarifying this for me

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
The only bulk LCLT i can get is AI, so unsure wether to go with this due to bad reports of the odour/taste, which may be a good enough LCLT to do the job

or give a carnipure version a try such as NOW foods or BRICKER labs even do carnipure in liquid form

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Isn't carnipire just the trademark name for lclt I wouldn't go acting like they are that different

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Yes from what i gather carnipure is the tm used by lonza switzerland who say there LCLT is the one the studies used
It seems that the carnipure type may be less likely to be fishy in taste and odour than plain bulk, and perhaps that bit better quality

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
I wonder if taking LCLT with a big dose of bcaas intra workouts, if the bcaas would spike insulin enough to get the LCLT loaded into the muscle cells
or for this purpose the insulin spike off bcaas alone would not be great enough to shuttle the carnitine in, so it would be best taken with a higher carb meal/postworkout carb protein drink
or could just a small insulin spike be effective
?

cjwav34

Awards
I wonder if taking LCLT with a big dose of bcaas intra workouts, if the bcaas would spike insulin enough to get the LCLT loaded into the muscle cells
or for this purpose the insulin spike off bcaas alone would not be great enough to shuttle the carnitine in, so it would be best taken with a higher carb meal/postworkout carb protein drink
or could just a small insulin spike be effective
?
Depending on the dose of BCAAs it should be sufficient enough.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Could take the LCLT intra workout with bcaas which is either 4 servings of recover pro, or 4 servings of extend

not sure if this protocol would cause a great enough insulin spike to get the carnitine into the muscle, vs taking with a carb rich meal or drink

cjwav34

Awards
Could take the LCLT intra workout with bcaas which is either 4 servings of recover pro, or 4 servings of extend

not sure if this protocol would cause a great enough insulin spike to get the carnitine into the muscle, vs taking with a carb rich meal or drink
2 servings of Xtend or Recover Pro would be enough. Anything more and you're wasting your money. All you're looking for is ~5g of Leucine.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Yea. But im wondering if 4 servings of either would spike insulin enough to load the carnitine thats all, guess no1 knows that.

Cheers.

cjwav34

Awards
Yea. But im wondering if 4 servings of either would spike insulin enough to load the carnitine thats all, guess no1 knows that.

Cheers.
I'm saying that two servings would be enough, and that there is no point in wasting your money by taking four.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
I know, just get a better effect in workouts from 4

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or use OxyPowder...

You should critique the carnitine transport system...its rather impressive and ahead of its time...

sisi1887

Awards
I had a tub of AI LCLT and it didn't have that fishy smell, although it was sticky. I'm not sure, I'm gonna try the Nutraplanet brand and see how that is.

On a side note, isn't PLCAR/GPLC the one that is most shown for fat loss benefit? I would think taking that with a high carb meal would also give benefits, though I'm not sure if you should take GPLC and LCLT at the same time or not.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Not sure any carnitine is good for fat loss if im correct, unless you can load muscle tc levels after many months by taking it with a good dose of carbs for the insulin secretion
wheras i believe injecting carnitine im is far more effective for aiding fat loss

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
So I've been using 2g LCLT powder for like a year or 2 non-stop.

1. Any reason to cycle off for a few weeks?

2. I've been taking it every and on training days taking it pre workout. Switching it to post workout with a high carb meal will give me less of recovery benefits, and more of fat loss/muscle benefits?