Agmatine

mike0589

mike0589

Awards
There's a surplus of information regarding Agmatine acting as a neuromodulator, with a Double Blind study associated with a general reduction in pain. In regards to NO production, it's not a metabolic precursor to NO. My question surrounds the complexity of this metabolite. Why is it heavily associated with NO products?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm pretty sure it's ability to stop the breakdown of NO^2 through inhibiting the NOsynthase enzyme.

This would make sense in potentiating the effects of other NO boosters, but still leaves some mystery(at least to me) on its ability to increase pump as much as it does solo(anecdotally).

Edit: ****, I stand corrected for the most part.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It seems to positively modulate eNOS while simultaneously potentiating nitric oxide signaling via the imidazoline receptor. It has demonstrated its vasodilating capacity in vivo too

mike0589

mike0589

Awards
It seems to positively modulate eNOS while simultaneously potentiating nitric oxide signaling via the imidazoline receptor. It has demonstrated its vasodilating capacity in vivo too
I wasn't able to find that study. Everything that I've found is relevant to pain tolerance and Neuroreceptors.

mike0589

mike0589

Awards
I wasn't able to find that study. Everything that I've found is relevant to pain tolerance and Neuroreceptors.