TTA (tetradecylthioacetic acid) Safety

kev4me

kev4me

Awards
Hey folks,

whats everyones opinion on this study on pubmed about tta.
called: Pharmacology and safety of tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA): phase-1 study

cant post links -.-

TTA safe to use for the healthy individual?!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18427285

This study describes the clinical, hematological, and biochemical safety of tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA). A total of 18 healthy volunteers were included. Subjects were randomly assigned into 3 groups according to the daily given dose of TTA: group 1 (200 mg), group 2 (600 mg), and group 3 (1000 mg). TTA was given as a single oral dose for 7 consecutive days. Safety was evaluated by following the adverse events, vital signs, and hematological and biochemical parameters in blood and urine samples. Efficacy was estimated through its effects on plasma lipids profile. Few adverse events of mild severity were reported. No clinically significant changes were observed in the hematological or clinical chemical parameters in blood/urine. TTA did not induce significant changes in the blood lipids or free fatty acids, but it did result in an increase in plasma concentration of Delta9 desaturated TTA (TTA: 1n-8). Serum concentration pattern of TTA at day 1 showed a 1.5-hour lag time followed by a rapid absorption and a slower elimination phase. The median peak values were 2.9 mg/L (range, 1.1 to 5.4 mg/L), 11.5 mg/L (range, 4 to 35 mg/L), and 11 mg/L (range, 5 to 25 mg/L), in groups 1, 2, and 3, respectively (P = 0.006). The time to peak levels were 3.5 hours (range, 2.5 to 6.5 hours), 2.5 hours (range, 2.5 to 4.5 hours), and 4.5 hours (range, 2.5 to 12 hours), respectively (P = 0.2). TTA is safe and well tolerated.
See bolded. :)

jaakonpallo

Awards
Dr.d was very much against TTA, said it damages heart muscle

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The discussion speculating against it's use was due to it building up in tissue.

The study that Aaron posted was only 7 days long so the safety extrapolations from it would be limited.

I have read mixed research so I am subbing for discussion.

kev4me

kev4me

Awards
kay, think my bottle dcp will see the trash soon

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kay, think my bottle dcp will see the trash soon
Don't do anything sudden. Questions over TTA safety have been posed for years but were often overcome.

A lot of ingredients have contrasting safety data. It is about weighing it up objectively. Another example is ursolic acid and DNA damage.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please send any unwanted TTA to me

As for safety, there was some cardiac concerns I believe. Lemme see if I can pull up the study

kev4me

kev4me

Awards
thanks for all the input.

@ josh - i would ...but i live in europe ;)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established