Nitrate discussion

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Good thread Josh in man... You get my pm?
    Nope I dont think so.... And still havent gotten your email
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Nope I dont think so.... And still havent gotten your email
    Lol! Check pms about the name... in regards to the email, well.... just well haha. I still have a lot of finalizing to do on it before I send it out. Finding credible info on bisphenol a. and it's T lowering capabilities are a nightmare... anyways sorry for the derail back to your regularly scheduled program.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
    •   

3. Unbreakable

RE: nitrates and hypotension

By what mechanism does it produce hypotension?
    Can they be safely and effectively used to mitigate the hypertentive effects of anabolics and or other substances?
    Thoughts?
  4. PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

5. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    RE: nitrates and hypotension

By what mechanism does it produce hypotension?
    Can they be safely and effectively used to mitigate the hypertentive effects of anabolics and or other substances?
    Thoughts?
    NO3->NO2->NO conversion increases in hypoxic regions. That is to say yes, if vasoconstriction has gotten excessive to the point of impaired waste removal and oxygen delivery, nitrates will help
    •   

6. Yeah, it's just NO3 getting reduced to NO or to S-nitrosothiol and then NO. Then NO does its usual thing and causes vasodilation, but whether that is enough to help...probably in simpler cases of taking something like an anabolic that ups your blood pressure if you don't have underlying issues already, then it may. I just wouldn't trust it in cases where somebody had serious blood pressure issues. Seems like a good idea as a long term and even preventative addition to everyday nutrition.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Yeah, it's just NO3 getting reduced to NO or to S-nitrosothiol and then NO. Then NO does its usual thing and causes vasodilation, but whether that is enough to help...probably in simpler cases of taking something like an anabolic that ups your blood pressure if you don't have underlying issues already, then it may. I just wouldn't trust it in cases where somebody had serious blood pressure issues. Seems like a good idea as a long term and even preventative addition to everyday nutrition.
    It helps for reasons besides NO-induced vasodilation of arterioles (afterload). For instance, nitrates also lower cardiac preload

8. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It helps for reasons besides NO-induced vasodilation of arterioles (afterload). For instance, nitrates also lower cardiac preload
    Of course. It's great overall, but it's subtle as compared to medications so it works for more benign conditions or even transient ones that are self-inflicted.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Of course. It's great overall, but it's subtle as compared to medications so it works for more benign conditions or even transient ones that are self-inflicted.
    Agreed.

10. Here to get smarter.
    Excellent thread, sir. Well worth looking into.

11. Subbed. Great info in here.

12. Is there a preferred type of Vitamin C when taking it with Nitrates? Is "ascorbic acid" good enough? I got a bottle of PN and on the search for a Vitamin C I see I can spend $4 for 500mg ascorbic acid or $14 for calcium ascorbate complex. I purchased Jarrow's NAC Sustain as well. Thanks

13. Quote Originally Posted by burpees View Post
    Is there a preferred type of Vitamin C when taking it with Nitrates? Is "ascorbic acid" good enough? I got a bottle of PN and on the search for a Vitamin C I see I can spend $4 for 500mg ascorbic acid or $14 for calcium ascorbate complex. I purchased Jarrow's NAC Sustain as well. Thanks
    Ascorbic acid is fine. Calcium ascorbate has the ester-c studies, but our greatest priority here is getting vitamin C simply into the stomach

14. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ascorbic acid is fine. Calcium ascorbate has the ester-c studies, but our greatest priority here is getting vitamin C simply into the stomach
    what would be the difference in those 2?
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

15. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    what would be the difference in those 2?
    Purportedly bioavailability. In the end, vitamin C costs nothing and many complexes come with built-in citrus bioflavanoids these days

16. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Awesome, thank you.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Discussing somatype changes and getting older...
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 11:28 AM
  2. Ultimate Limiting Factors.....discussion
    By WISCPL in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2003, 09:08 AM
  3. breakdown of andro nitrate fuel from twinlab?
    By xarmyguy26 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 12:07 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 06:59 PM
  5. Cardio Discussion
    By jweave23 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 10:47 PM